>2017
>Not enjoying god-tier quality music.

>24-bit
lol hello grandpa we 64-bit now

Tinnitus thanks to years of high quality sounds using headsets, so everything sounds the same now :(

I really sorry, mate. Can you have a normal life?

>the bigger the space the better quality
Wow Sup Forums

This is my second year into this incurable condition, the first year was hell, I couldn't settle down without something constantly producing a louder noise than the one in my head, ALL DAY LONG AND ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT, the past year my brain apparently learned how to filter the noise so I am unaware of it most of the time, I can go weeks not noticing it, on rare occasions I get eerily conscious of it in the dead of the night if I sleep late after all sound quiets down, kinda sad that you can turn most everything off but still have this annoyance on all the time.

My piece of advice: use speakers and adjust their volume to reasonable levels, avoid loud parties, there is nothing like being able to enjoy an actual quiet night, you really don't want to lose that.

Is this guy real?

Enjoy your placebo. Everything above 16/44.1 is a waste of space unless you're editing it.

>audiophiles have placebo medical conditions now as fallout to their placebo lives.

wtf is all that stuff above 60k good for? why have anything above ~22k?

Alternatively you could take great care of your hearing and then get tinnitus from an ear infection.

Fuck my life.

kek

Music for bats.

Real answer: it's dithering noise that audiophiles claim is the artist's intention. It just wastes space. If by any chance you get any actual content up there, it could the signal and fuck with your speakers.

mp3 320 is enough

prove me wrong. protip: you can't

OPUS 128 is enough

>2017
>not knowing how to greentext

I recently converted my old mp3 to flac and while it sound better i was expecting more honestly, not worth the huge files.

Edgy.

>Not enjoying god-tier quality music.
god-tier quality music is music that's inspired, well composed and well produced. audiopaedophiles are cancer and don't give shit about what actually matters

picture in OP shows only noise above 23kHz, basically a waste of bandwidth, disk space & computation power, and therefore money.

New here huh?

do you even understand what’s on this pic.
dsd converted to pcm without filtering.
pcm by itself doesn’t have hf noise.

Thanks snake oil salesmen. Maybe you should all take a computer music course and learn why anything over 44.1khz is pointless, unless you're editing audio. Which makes it easier to cut tracks so they don't clip on the end.

>505M 2L-087_stereo-DXD_06.flac

lol get fucked tryhard

>Download enormous lossless audio files
>Play through speakers on ThinkPad

no and you fell for the bait. Or wait, did I fall for the true, undercover bait? Or am I just baiting?

>step dad takes me hunting at age 9
>me: "um aren't guns really loud"
>him: "no, not when we're outside"
>BANG
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thanks

iktf shitty fucking infection on my right ear now my balance is off, even though it's gone it fucked my life up forever, and can barely stand to ear certain tones because they make my eardrum vibrate weirdly

You will never know.

r u

>tfw 44.1k/16bit pleb

Where can i get a sample?

What player is this?

Lmao, get on my level, ratelets.

>Using FLAC

www.2l.no/hires/

OP is 352.8 kHz

This is quality

Nothing like shooting a revolver at 8 y/o with no hearing protection or support :'^)

Get on mine first fag.

I'm sorry dude. I have stress tinnitus, but I can live quite normally. I guess it is not as strong as your case.

Noice. Thanks!

Return and tell us your impressions, please.

>audiophiles

Except not. Higher headroom

Downloaded Frode Fjellheim - Kyrie

While i can notice a small difference, I'm not sure if it's worth the extra bandwidth.

It feels like you can tell where is everyone when this was recorded. It's kinda cool. But again, it didn't make me want to trash my 320kbps MP3s

Headroom for what? Anti-aliasing filters that only matter for the A to D conversion and have largely been superseded by oversampling? More DR that doesn't really matter because you'll never come close to hearing quantization noise from 16 bit audio unless you're listening at levels that would cause physical damage to your ears?

What do you use, speakers, headphones? What model?

2 canals so 48 bit you fucking idiot

Has nothing to do with dither. Dither is only rounding off numbers. With digital recording there's an issue with aliasing where higher frequencies can appear back in the auditory range of humans. So we use 44k because that makes sure the ghosting frequency doesn't appear in the audible range of human 20k with a little extra headroom

thats grim m8, ive got very mild tinnitus from metal gigs, actually scared myself after a machinehead gig as i literally couldnt hear a fucking thing all morning afterwards so on the rare occasions i go i take earplugs.

Some Philips headphones. Can't remember the model. Medium tier I'd say, they sound bretty good.

t. Alberto Barbosa

He's probably talking about noise shaping, which is used when dithering sometimes.