ThinkPad 25/T25/20K7

Who here hyped?

>14"-ips
>48Wh battery (18 hours of battery life)
>i7-7500U (DualCore, 3.5Ghz)
>16GB DDR4
>512GB SSD
>940MX
>USB-C + Thunderbolt 3
>3x USB-3.0
>SD Card reader
>HDMI out
>20mm THICC
>1.5Kg

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-25-New-specs-and-pictures-of-the-Retro-ThinkPad-have-been-leaked.250898.0.html
ark.intel.com/products/codename/126287/Kaby-Lake-R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any idea how much it's supposed to cost?

>dual core
Dropped

Not yet.

>he fell for the MOAR COARS meme

>buy thinkpad
>within a month the fucking metallic stickers used for the Lenovo logo come off, somehow one gets jammed under my thumb nail, sharp as fuck and painful, bleed
>3 months in and it develops light spots on the display
>6 months in that little bar at the top of the LCD starts separating from the rest of the shitty plastic housing
>fan now runs at medium speed and is audible constantly and the thing is constantly hot
>a year later and it barely holds a charge, has cracks in the plastic from normal use, looks like ass because the black plastic smooths out where you touch it frequently
>resale value is now 1/10 that of MSRP

these are good for 1) sucking money out of middle managers and 2) buying used on eBay 3-5 years later

enjoy your garbage, I'll stick to my macbook

That looks like the ideal mixture of x220 and x230 with modern hardware. Would be nice if it does 32 GB of RAM for the Qubes OS users and libreboot by default. I would sell my girlfriend for that thing then.

>muh anecdotal "evidence"
my W520 has been abused by me forever and still hasn't had 1 issue

>my W520 has been abused by me forever and still hasn't had 1 issue
but it was a piece of shit from day 1 so who cares?
>scare quotes
why is this place full of teenagers?

>libreboot by default.
why would anyone put that unfinished, piece of garage on anything?

>2017
>dual core

>I need eight cores on the go
fuck off mate. you buy a laptop to be able to use it off the fucking wall for at least an entire day of work. if you want heavy shit, buy a desktop.

Waiting coffe lake plus Volta.
Beautiful machine, keyboard looks really pretty.

Why would anyone put a closed-source BIOS by Lenovo which has a WIFI whitelist on anything?

>Waiting coffe lake plus Volta.
not happening. they said there will be no other configuration for the T25

$4999

Wake me up when raven ridge makes it to laptops and we get 1.2 TFLOP iGPUs.

The CPU is barely any better than the i7-3520M. I see no reason to buy it beyond "It's new" and a longer battery life.

kys so you can sleep forever.

if i wanted to use dual core i'd buy a laptop made in 2005 not 2017

Go away Lenovo shill

Only if you cuddle with me for an hour and tuck me in for bed.

wouldn't last long. TDP has come a long way.

sure.

>insisting on jewnovo's cash grab instead of glorious T70

>everything I don't like is a cash grab
>everyone needs a T70

>t. Intel shill that didn't read the new from Intel
4 cores are in goy

this.

>more expensive than T470 and T70 on release and will most likely triple in price after a year
>gonna sell like shit so it'll be ultra rare after a while
>No retro features
>No way of lighting the keyboard up except turning up the brightness
>based upon the renders keyboard is larger than the T470 keyboard, therefore will not fit without on T470
But yeah recommending a machine that's got
>about the same price as a good T470 config
>actually has a retro keyboard with buckling springs
>actually has retro features like a thinklight and rollcages
>IBM name and quality control
>good aspect ratio
>many spare parts
No this is bad of course buy a T25 goy it has classic keyboard
Oy vey!

>more expensive than
proofs for price or gtfo.

>custom tooling for a keyboard that hasn't been made in almost 6 years costs nothing

>>No way of lighting the keyboard up except turning up the brightness
It's backlit.

Proof?

ok so no proofs.

Doesn't make the rest invalid

MX
>16:9
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
what a fucking JOKE

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-25-New-specs-and-pictures-of-the-Retro-ThinkPad-have-been-leaked.250898.0.html
> It includes a blue enter key and for the first time ever on a ThinkPad, a non-Chiclet keyboard with backlighting.

maybe you'll be able to drop and replace the keyboard into new 2018 thinkpads?

Okay I hate it slightly less

Side by side pictures make the classic keyboard look a row larger
I hope this isn't true

>14" 16:9 1920x1080 touchscreen
Dropped

They could've waited just a bit more and put a Coffee Lake quad-core ULV and a Pascal GPU in there. They could've put a QHD screen in it if they wanted to. JESUS FUCK LENOVO PLEASEEEEEE

>16:9 1920x1080 touchscreen

come to the good side, user, thinkpads are dead. welcome to the future

>new production of both a new face plate plus new keyboard costs less than original model
Is this bait?

>No thinklight
>16:10
>No drainholes
They couldn't even add in the thinklight like pic related
Do you think Lenovo even cares about this shit at all

>2CM thick
Ahaha nigga you serious senpai I could stack 2 (two) laptops and still be thinner damn hahaha

>dat keyboard
>no trackpoint
>clickpad
No thanks

Lenovo isn't particularly known for making quality products, which is mostly likely why the purchased the ThinkPad brand from IBM to begin with. Ironically Sup Forums users with older user thinkpads are the ones falling for this shit.

You and apple are the reason why laptops suck ass now.

>great keyboard
>10/10 trackpad
>don't have to move your fingers to click yet you still get to click
try it before you diss it you prissy fag. I be you haven't touched a macbook in 5 years either

And it's still way too thin.

>touch a macbook
Why would I ever subject my hands to that?
>prissy fag
Because all I want is a quality keyboard, screen, and trackpoint?

does Lenovo own a patent on trackpoints?

If no, why doesn't everyone use them?
If yes, how did GPD get away with using one?

ooh really? thats very nice desu

>Dual-core
>not Intel Kaby Lake R quad-core 15W
>ark.intel.com/products/codename/126287/Kaby-Lake-R

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>Why would I ever subject my hands to that?
because the 2013-2015 models are better than any thinkpad made by lenovo
>quality keyboard, screen, and trackpoint?
if you cared about a quality screen you wouldn't touch lenovo laptops witha 10 foot pole. Huawei and Microsoft have the best aspect rations, Dells have the best contrast and color reproduction, and Macbooks have the best of both worls
keyboard has stopped being a deciding factor in laptops. Unless something is intensely trash like the 2016+ Macbooks there's really no difference. I went from a 2017 X1 Carbon to a Samsung Chromebook pro and don't miss the keyboard at all. They're all intents and purposes the same. Yeah when I type on my old t61p every once in a while it's god tier, but everything else about it of course is dated
>trackpoint
have all been garbage since 2010. Mac trackpads, chromebook trackpads, and windows precision touchpads are all unironically better than trackpoints post-lelnovo

>does Lenovo own a patent on trackpoints?
I don't believe so. Toshiba has them.
>If no, why doesn't everyone use them?
Because everyone is trying to make macbook clones.

>why doesn't everyone use them?

But everybody does.
On their business lines.

Don't know why no consumer crap have track points though.

>he doesn't mod his bios to whatever fits him

well I guess I can't complain considering I just ordered a macbook clone but it's a shame that it's all or nothing.

I loved my thinkpad and would like another one but they just don't seem to make light ultrabooks.

>wouldn't touch lenovo laptops witha 10 foot pole
I never said I wanted or had a modern lenovo.
>They're all intents and purposes the same
That's the issue. Give me a classic ibm keyboard and I'll be more then happy.
>t61p
This is all I want with modern hardware. It's not difficult.
Apple ruined this with their push for ultra portables.

They have some patent on sensor technology which is why all the other trackpoint versions are utter shit.

He's full of shit though.

Modern Thinkpads have fantastic screens: high on nits and low on reflections.
You can actually use them *shock* outdoors.

>This is all I want with modern hardware
so then quite literally the only thing you value is the keyboard. newer laptops like the huawei, 2015 macbook, and xps 15 have improved over old thinkpads in every way imaginable yet have moderately worse keyboards. I have old thinkpads, I have a mechanical keyboard for my desktop, I'm not the kind of fag who just has to defend what I have just because I have it. You pretending that old thinkpad keyboards are good enough to justify not having a machine that's better in 95% of ways and maybe 20% worse in a single way is literally autism

m8 I literally had an x1 carbon 2017 that I sold on ebay, largly in part because the screen was absolute garbage. The matte display actually made it more difficult to see more often than not because, despite blocking reflections, it reduced brightness and vibrance of the screen. I actually couldn't use it outdoors because it was so dim whereas when I had a macbook last year the screen got so bright I could see it at noon in direct sunlight.

>You pretending that old thinkpad keyboards are good enough to justify not having a machine that's better in 95% of ways and maybe 20% worse in a single way is literally autism
What are you on about? t61p was great for it's time. Explain what t61p with modern hardware means to you? To me it literally means the same advantages of that model plus modern updates (display, platform, ports). What do you not understand about that?
>literally autism
Says the person arguing about what others should like about current laptops.

>x1 carbon 2017

No, I was talking about REAL Thinkpads.

The X1 Carbon 2017 has an OLED screen.
Real Thinkpads all have IPS screens.

Congrats you just proved you are a complete retard.

>The X1 Carbon 2017 has an OLED screen.
>Real Thinkpads all have IPS screens.

>t61p was great for it's time
for its time. I would love a t61p with modern specs. A T70 with a macbook pros screen would be probably the best laptop ever made, but those don't exist
so *one* lenovo thinkpad has a great screen. it's a single model that costs $2k and nobody has
my x1 carbon had an IPS display too, but guess what it was still terrible and dim.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

>Rebuttal with my own anecdotal evidence

Real thinkpads have shitty TN screens you absolute retard

Anybody have an idea about hackintosh support?
I don't want to buy another MacBook but macOS is just so incredibly comfy

>not quad core ULV covfefe lake
>940MX instead of MX150
>most likely a shitty 250-ish nit screen
fuck me for getting excited for this thing

>16:9
>shit CPU
>LAST GEN BARGAIN BIN "WE NEED TO GET THESE OFF THE SHELF FUCKING TODAY" GPUS
>gonna be MORE expensive in general just for the fucking r/thinkpad meme autism keyboard that's not actually better

I know this is a terrible question, but could the keyboard potentially be installed into a T430 or other keyboards? (Backlit comfy keyboard like that oh Jesus please)

buy a macbook loonix tards

*guhnoo/loonix

just buy a macbook you dumb faggot. they aren't even mad. 2017 macbooks even have better thermals and less throttling than thinkpads nowadays for fucks sake

>lenovo
nah im good

I was hoping it would get the i5/i7-8XXXu Quadcore CPUs.
Hope they don't just make a single incarnation of this.

from which gyaru trap hentai this crop is from?

>Hope they don't just make a single incarnation of this.

>Hope they don't just make a single incarnation of this.
they are. they're rushing it out the door with 1.5 year outdated specs just on the helm of a new generation. not to mention the fucking 940mx, jesus christ. it's almost 2018.

hey that's the sticker i have on my thinkpad covering the lenovo logo

is there any official info regarding this release?
cannot find anything

>lenovo could make an aluminium 4k OLED GTX 1080 NVME removable battery laptop RIGHT NOW
>but they decide to sprinkle those features randomly among various models

>mentioning resale value
Apple shill suspected.

>aluminium
>4k
>1080
fuck off with this useless shit, what's next? backlit keyboard for the retards who can't touch type as a "feature"? lmao

There aren't even any pictures of the 2018 Thinkpads yet so there is still hope they'll just add the ''classic'' keyboard as an option on the new Thinkpad line. That's all I ever wanted, but Lenovo is probably the worst company when it comes to understanding their customers.

Looks nice for norms, but any TP enthusiasts are gonna opt for an older refurb anyway, I assume.

They'll probably opt for a T70 if they're enthusiastic enough.

>a bunch of amateur chinese guys made something 5x better than the idiots at lenovo
lel

Have you actually tried using Thinklight in the dark? All it really does is cast a glare on the shitty keyboard decals and make them even harder to read. It's especially terrible on the function keys. You know, the ones you don't use often enough to have muscle memory on.

There's plenty of things to be angry about this chinkpad, but the lack of Thinklight isn't one of them.

I have and I haven't faced that problem much
Have you tried using a non backlit laptop in dark? Having to turn up the brightness sucks more

I agree with that. Maybe the solution is to add a non-shit non-chiclet keyboard and toss in some LEDs. I mean, it's supposed to be a "quality laptop" after all, no need to cut corners there. I personally think Thinklight is a shitty solution to a problem that's already been solved.

>literally a T470 with a classic keyboard and none of the features that made Thinkpads great in the first place

It's trash. Fuck Lenovo.

Apparently they did

Ah, at least they're doing something right on that end.

I was surprised too

I didn't know this was from a trap hentai
The eyes are very nice yus

WONDERFUL HOW NOBODY Answered THE QUESTION, or even said something like 'is not released yet so nobody knows'