Red apple me

Why is my iphone 5 so slow now? It worked perfectly well until the iphone 6s was released.

Is there any proof of planned obsolescence? Like has anyone actually benchmarked an apple 5 vs an apple 6 phone with different versions of iOs? Also with different versions of apps loaded?

The following study showed that google search results for "iphone slow" peak after each release and the whole trend is gradually going up. Obviously this is because Apple makes sure that the phones which are 3 years old stop being usable when a new version comes out so every release there are users that cross the threshold.

>anongroup.org/harvard-study-iphones/

We also know that the newer OSes are obviously more bloaty and graphically intensive but apple fanboys wont accept "anecdotal" evidence or this google search study and are dogmatically clinging on to "Muh apple did nothing wrong." Obviously this is irrationally but does anyone have some juicy direct proof so I can finally btfo them once and for all?

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/07/31/apple-denied-dismissal-facetime-ios-6-lawsuit/
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
youtu.be/o8NPllzkFhE?t=332
pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go join the lawsuit. Turns out the iOS gimp updates are legit. I kinda feel sorry for you. What on earth caused you to even considering getting a fruit phone in the first place m90?

macrumors.com/2017/07/31/apple-denied-dismissal-facetime-ios-6-lawsuit/

>Is there any proof of planned obsolescence?

Not proof, but hints all over the place

Now the proof is in the pudding. Facetime is borked on older fruit phones.

omg ur so cool cause ur shitty android fone had shitty features stuffed into a shitty fone that will stop getting os updates after 1 year because there's 99 different android manufacturers and 37 different "flavors" of android

>search results for "iphone slow" peak after each release
I have a relative who does this with android phones, pc components and other stuff (even a car once). Every time he wants to buy something new, he convinces himself the stuff he has doesn't work anymore to justify his purchases.
It's the same story every two or three months, he complains about [thing] that does not work anymore and a week, two tops, he has relaced [thing].

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post

>WHOA A PURE IPHONE HATE THREAD? OH MY GOD I MUST RESPOND TO IT IMMEDIATELY
>FUCK LAGDROID EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T TRIED IT AT ALL
>LOL MY LIFE IS SHIT SO I MUST REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE IPHONE X HATE POST
>GOD I HATE HAVING TO WORK AT A SHILL CENTER GETTING 3 CENTS AN HOUR
>I I SHIFT MY RAGE TOWARDS THINGS THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD
>ALL I CAN DO IS COPY PASTE THE SAME BULLSHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU FAGS GET IT
>PS GET ME OUT OF HERE
>PPS PLEASE DO IT. THE SHILL COMPANY IS HOLDING ME CAPTIVE
the post

When i saw ios11 dropped, seemed in line with the 8 launch, had to slow the 5 and/or 6 down a bit more so you'd think about the 8...

i've actually had 3 samsungs and a motorola. i dont like incomplete products like android phones

0/10 bait. You should work on your shilling iPajeet

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

You can spout all the "lagdroid XDddd---" memes you want but Android phones truly are more advanced than itoddler phones and the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now.

>>have real encryption with no backdoors
top kek stopped reading after that
i'm definitely the shill even though you're the one with lists ready to copy and paste

This is retarded logic. Of course they time the major release of an OS with a new phone, since it has to support the features of the new phone. Whether they purposely make it run slower on old hardware is another question. I think it's more likely just a product of pajeet culture where as long as it runs well on the new hardware, it's good.

>why is my 5 (five) year old phone slow
>planned obsolescence, conspiracy, Illuminati???

kys yourself familia

(You)

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

if you're trying to say android is more secure against cia niggers than apple you're fucking stupid. any type of (((encryption))) is easily broken or bypassed entirely depending on who is trying.

((((( washington post )))))

>tfw i should have posted the fucking graph in OP

Goddamnit anyway. Why hasnt anyone ran a benchmark with different versions of iOs and popular apps? Seems like that would be direct proof?

Thats just for the iphone 6 though. Mine was a 5 and it got terribly slow before becoming unusable then the battery started bulging and everytime I replaced the battery it would just bulge again popping my screen out. I ended up paying 130 euros for all the batteries and screens because when the battery would bulge the screen would break to.

Thanks, why has no one done a proper benchmark with different versions of device and software to objectively prove this is true? Does apple prevent that from happening somehow? Does no one have old version of iOs saved?

oh shit you're serious
let me laugh even harder

Well if they had any intent at all to serve the user they would produce different versions of the OS which are optimized for the old hardware. Why is an iphone 5 unusable now? Mine literally would not stop overheating after I updated my OS, and furthermore I accidentally approved the OS update because Apple conditions users to agree to countless user terms and services without thinking. This allows them to install harmful software and still being able to claim they prompted the user.

Your iPhone 5 kinda sucks because the 6s was the first one to go from 1 to 2 gigs of ram. iOS is a very efficient OS but that extra gig makes a huge difference.

Why not? Literally nothing has changed in the functionality yet they insist on forcing users to install bloaty software with shitty animated skeumorphism. Literally looks like shit to and gives me a headache.

Why the fuck cant User Interfaces look like the future we've been promised in cyberpunk anime?

lol, they killed skeumorphism years ago

Why would a technology company, whose profits rely on selling new products, divert resources to making sure your dinosaur phone works as fast as when you got it? They don't even have to give you the latest update on such an old device (and in Android world, they won't), so why do you think they're gonna have a whole team devoted to a fork of iOS for poorfags. After all, you always have the option to just not update.

I understand but its unforgivable for them to not provide an optimized version for their old hardware? Is it really that hard to have less animation and other needless shit?

Most people, especially Sup Forumsentlemen like simplicity anyways. Seriously linux can run on a toaster. Apple has no excuse. Litearlly arch linux is more user friendly than apple.

Accessibility -> Reduce Motion. Simplifies a lot of the animations and makes things feel faster.

It's not about being cool but rather its about being objective.

Why does linux achieve it then? Developers in the free software foundation are able to make money and linus torvalds is nearly a billionaire. Furthermore free software developers are more likely to work at home and be independently wealthy instead of being cubicle slaves in an office that wont even give you the freedom to commit suicide!

Capitalism is all good but freedom and decentralization are motivating factors in their own right. Linus literally developed git so he wouldn't have to interact with people IRL to collaborate on software.
youtu.be/o8NPllzkFhE?t=332

These kind of motivating factors create mutually beneficial ecosystems which empower both the developer and the user. They allow people to actually get shit done and create content instead of focusing on extorting the user for personal information and money.

I support apple's right to scam dumb people but the problem is that theyre engaged in crony capitalism with the police state in order to force adults into buying "smart phones". There are laws and regulations which are preventing

As it is, phone manufacturers have to follow very strict guidelines and if im not mistaken all devices must allow "security features." That is pretty disgusting desu, and we only have ourselves to blame. The insidious part is that every adult basically needs a cell phone. It's practically the mark of the goddamn beast.

The only way to get around this is to use a small netbook with a wireless moden which works, but no company has released a small enough package to give adults a real choice versus smart phones. I don't know for sure but I'm suspicious as to why this market segment hasnt been filled and I almost think it's possible that the Pyra developers were paid off to not release their product even though it's had a fair amount of support:
>pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

Well its too late for my iphone 5 because it literally kept overheating and the battery bulged and broke the screen over and over again. I got fed up with it and just gave up on the thing.

>trusting apple
>not reading wikileaks
>being this stupid

Okay Stallman, none of this changes the fact that Apple is a technology products company, and their primary goal is selling new products for money. How does Linux achieve what? An incredibly fragment ecosystem that fails at providing a consistent user experience? I use Linux as my main OS, but it's absolute shit for normies and your grandma. And if you did have an open source linux phone, it would be buggy, it wouldn't be as smooth and easy to use, and it would look a lot like that pic you posted...clunky and unaesthetic as fuck.

You're expecting the benefits of a linux like development philosophy, with the benefits of a closed, focus approach like Apple. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The fact is, Linux breathes and dies on its ability to be a stable server OS and development platform. Usability is second. Apple breathes and dies on SELLING NEW PRODUCT to the mass market. This goal is completely incompatible with your desire to use a 5 year old product, yet have them focus their efforts on supporting your use case, even though it's contrary to what makes them successful in the first place.

Typical Sup Forums. You want it all, you want it cheap, you want it fast, and you want it to last five years. When you run out of arguments, just go full Stallman and talk about muh free software like it's a panacea, ignoring the fact that the whole reason the iPhone is such a joy to use compared to Android, and isn't fragmented as fuck, is because it's a closed source product developed by one, very focused company.

>I use Linux as my main OS but it's absolute shit for normies and your grandma
Should we just forgoe teaching children to write with pens and pencils because text to type is sooo much easier?! Is learning a couple command line options really thattttt hard? I use arch and it just fukken *werks.* Not once has my system broken and pacman is a million times easier than any app store.

Imagine if more people used linux to. There would be less breakages and anyway fixing a system in linux is actually possible but if that happens in windows or apple goodniight.

>And if you did have an open source linux phone, it would be buggy, it wouldn't be as smooth and easy to use,
>Open skype, make call.
>Open maps, use maps.
>Open firefox, use firefox.
>Open terminal, download app.
Exactly how would that be buggy and jittery?! Fucking iphones bugout constantly and spy on you holy shit. You have been so cucked you dont even think for yourself anymore and you have gone so far to convince yourself because part of you knows youve been cucked and its easier to make up a fantasy world than face the truth. Stockholm Syndrome, Sad!

>The fact is, Linux breathes and dies on its ability to be a stable server OS and development platform.
It also is an ecosystem where empowering the user may have downstream benefits to the developer. Unlike closed source which is like a form of reptilian authoritarianism which tries to hide technology from the public so that they *need* the developers. Closed source is literally some Illuminati shit to keep people in the dark so they cant help themselves.

>This goal is completely incompatible with your desire to use a 5 year old product,
No its not. Holy fuck how complicated does browsing and writing in a text editor have to be? Linux suits me just fine and I wish it was even simpler. Why you promoting needless bloat like it does something for the user? No reason we cant have clean, simply. futuristic, UIs which dont use very many resources.