Why is mining so polluting? Wouldn't it be better to use just oil instead of coal since coal mines are so polluting...

Why is mining so polluting? Wouldn't it be better to use just oil instead of coal since coal mines are so polluting. I bet greenfags can't even handle this truth...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4LBjSXWQRV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nuclear is the cleanest and best.

it spills , fracking contaminates ground water

Wait for cold fusion

oil sucks a lot because spills

gas is safe and it's more safe as long as it's on shore

when you go into sea levels, shit starts to fuck up

not only lithium mines look like that, but gold/silver/whatever metal

shit is scattered

>fracking contaminates ground water
lol this meme. Fracking is no more dangerous than any other extraction method.

The idea is eventually we'll find something better then lithium for use in batteries, but still have a good car/truck/bulldozer/etc. platform to put the new batteries.

Developing internal combustion engines assumes you'll just keep using oil no matter what.

A lot of sensible engineers realize that there should be something to ease the change. Like gasoline or diesel vehicles getting 50+ MPG in the meantime, it is doable and doesn't require a crap ton of lithium. However, it's hard to sell this idea to a world full of people who get their facts from facebook and instagram.

>falling for a facebook post

And when you burn the petroleum?

Oil kills good men, good fish and good trees.
Mining kills niggers and other third worlders.

yeah alberta doesn't look that nice

t. albertan

please go back to Sup Forums

The top image is actually BHP's Escondida copper mine in Chile.

Maybe people shouldn't build leaky plumbing systems over natural gas deposits.

fpbp

This is an oilsands refinery that fucks up the groundwater and which is surrounded by trees.
saged

This, and it's all desert anyways. OP is fucking retarded and fell for a fake Facebook post, lmao.

Tell me more about current fossil fuels tech/etc
How good is natural gas?
Did bio diesel ever make progress?

It's also extremely expensive and a source of international political stress, meaning that developing countries (a.k.a. the ones building new power plants non stop to satisfy their exponentially growing demand) can't afford it, and those that can sometimes get invaded because "y-you can't let countries that don't support the status quo get uranium!".
So unless you're willing to shell out some money for said developing countries, that ain't gonna happen. But seeing how Trump just decided that the Paris agreement isn't immediately beneficial for the US and left it, I don't see that happening either.
Come up with a cheaper alternative.

fuck off shill. How much do they pay you to spread misinformation?

>This is an oilsands refinery that fucks up the groundwater and which is surrounded by trees.
No it doesn't The oil is way deeper than any aquifer is.

This is why the "fracking made my water dirty" is such a fucking myth

>Tell me more about current fossil fuels tech/etc
Current fossil fuel doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon

Natural gas is as palpable as current fossil fuel except its a gas

Bio diesel is still real, its just raw volumes that are the difficult part

>this propaganda again

This is literally someone working for the government and/or big oil posting this shit. It's a quick meme; most people will read it, and move on, thinking this is actually fact. But that would be far from the truth. This image is fake news.

or some retard who spent 5 minutes in paint to bait everyone

Or government and/or big oil.
Like this user said It came from facebook: the place where such propaganda strives.

>Or government and/or big oil.
The government/big oil can fry bigger and better fish with their 5 minutes of time it took for some facebook retard in paint

Occupy Democrats make retarded posts just like this.

Its effortless to make stupid shit like this

That's a copper mine in the top image.

I bet you think pic related is what fracking actually looks like, don't you, retard? Everybody point and laugh at this dumb hippy.

Just use the nuclear option

This pic related can mine without pollution

No, this is fracking.

No, this is fracking.
youtube.com/watch?v=4LBjSXWQRV8

>pick bad-looking copper mine
>pick best-looking oilfield with negligible production
Ever heard of British Petrols?

>Alberta
>Saskatchewan

Huh, didn't even have to open Snopes for this one.

You realize this is a widely discredited video right? Even if it wasn't a hoax, how can you be sure and isolate that fracking is the cause of this?