Why did logitech retire the god-tier mouse shape? (G5, MX518, G500, G400, G500S, G400S) It was fucking perfect...

why did logitech retire the god-tier mouse shape? (G5, MX518, G500, G400, G500S, G400S) It was fucking perfect...and now we have nothing comparable in the market. Their new shit sucks, is all chopped down with grooves and shit. they completely and totally fucked up the ergonomics. would they ever revive the shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961?hash=item2818cefff1:g:3qkAAOSwEOxXQKHT
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g203-prodigy-gaming-mouse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

g100s is the best miuse shape
fuck those massive bulbous mice

ebay.com/itm/Logitech-MX518-High-Performance-1800dpi-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-NEW-/172214910961?hash=item2818cefff1:g:3qkAAOSwEOxXQKHT

disgusting. you probably use a tensed-up claw grip like an animal right?

shut up

yeah i know you can find the old ones sometimes, but there's way better optical sensors in all of logitech's new mice. i just want g500/g500s shape with a new sensor :(

plus they moved around all of the thumb buttons for the g502 so now you have to adjust grip when u want to hit the third thumb button. old style just required slight thumb twitch to hit

nobody else takes issue with this shit?

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g203-prodigy-gaming-mouse

Get with the times, grandpa

>g203
>no free-scroll
>only 2 thumb buttons
>nearly flat sides
you can't be serious with that bs?

whew, look at those curves!

are there any modern alternatives in a similar shape?

Long-time G400 user. I'm perfectly happy with my G502. It's better.

how? its so narrow.. what grip style do u use? i use a relaxed 1-3-1 (3 fingers on top) and g502 is hard to use that way

bamp

G502 is pretty similar, its what I just purchased. My G500s keeps multi-clicking when I single click.

Its not grooved like you say. Thats just glossy black plastic instead of matte plastic.

talking g403. i bought both g502 and g403. g403 is grooved, g503 is much more narrow than classic g500 shape so i can't put all 3 fingers on top

No. Their Mouseman series had the perfect shape. Everything that came after it was a huge step backwards.

Pic related.

yeah these were great

>My G500s keeps multi-clicking when I single click.
Same with my G500 but it's easily fixed by covering the actual clickers inside the mouse with plastic or something. Something to do with static. I've been using it for 6 years now, no problems.

i had g500's since 2009, got it replaced once in like... 2012 or 2013. fucking love it. should i just buy new old stock of g500s or something? can't find any mouse that's as good comfort-wise

I use one for a Windows XP laptop that I use to play older games. The DPI buttons are convenient for some games.

No free-scoll is a shame but the shape is surprising good, 19.5x10 cm here.

I very recently replaced my mx518 with the g403 prodigy or w/e

it's pretty good but something still feels slightly off.

it's a lot closer than the other mice I've tried though. (zowie, roccat, corsair, and logitech peoducts)

I'm afraid that nothing will feel as good again as my original mx518

if you want an updated that you can buy the Logitech G Pro FPS Mouse.

seriously that's what it's called lol

>"We had a special order, large quantity purchase on these for a medical facility and what is left is overstock from that project."

Medical gaming FTW.

i replaced my dying g9x for a g900 recently, it's mostly an improvement although there are several things logitech could've done better. no regrets though

You can still buy the G400S...

>Get modern mouse internals
>jam them in MX518 housing

>That bubble
NOPE
just nope.
I can feel that shit now.

I sold my MX700 because of that shit.
I was so glad when they came to their senses with the MX1000.

yeah but only new old stock. nothing new coming out with that shape

Logitech M500

My first real mouse that wasn't a $10 piece of crap was the mx500 when it was new and it lasted for 10 years. I've had a g400 since and it still performs flawlessly. I'm going to use it until the day I die, it's the most comfortable shape for sure and I've never used another mouse that comes even close.

>dumpsterdiving at work
>DICE were in the same building
>now someone found some old gear and threw it out
>2x MX518
>2x G400
>2x G400s
>1x G5
>1x G500

Cleaned them off and only one of the MX518 have a wonky button. Feels good man

whew, lad. what a find.

has anyone ever bought new-old-stock of mice? very tempted to get some of these, but idk.. are there ever more issues since it sat in some warehouse for 5 years?

I know that feel. I went from g502 to ZA11 to nixeus revel. I sold them all and I'm kinda happy'ish with my g403. It's still no g500/400/s but it will do for now

What's the best mouse on newegg for under $80? I was going to get a G703 (prefer wireless) using crypto to pay, but I'm tired of running my rig as a miner and it would take me another 2-3 weeks to have enough for it.

>My G500s keeps multi-clicking when I single click
It's the shitty hammer that hollows out.
Apply on it a very small drop of strong glue, let it solidify, then smooth it with a screwdriver or something until you can properly click again. There, permanent fix.

>what grip style do u use?
Have always used 1-2-2 palm grip. I can see how one wouldn't like it for 1-3-1.

ah, yeah, im sure its fine for 1-2-2. as a 1-3-1 user it just cramps my hand though

I hate that gum-like layer they put on their plastic. It turns to sticky gooey shit after some time

This should be on all mice

just get one of the millions of palm grip mice on the market today and carry on

you truly don't need anything better than a 518 or g500s unless you're competitively gaymeng anyway

t. someone who plays vidya competitively and has a large mouse collection

suggestions? ive tried razer basilisk, g502, g403, rival 310 and sent all back

That sounds like your own filth. Maybe clean your mouse every once in a while, user.

zowie ec2a (or ec1a if bigger hands). Razer DeathAdder is great. Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye for a very small palm grip mouse. All of these have the best sensor on the market atm (zowie has an older sensor but it's still outstanding). Logitech g402 is a bit different from the 403 and might suit you. Check RocketJumpNinja's YouTube and tier list on his website, he's pretty much the go-to mouse recommendation resource

what is it?

I already scroll with my middle finger, I don't have any fingers left.

Once my g5 finally kicks the bucket, I’m gunna pick up an MX Master.

How about pinky?

then I don't have a finger to hold the mouse

G502 represent!

razer software is shit, deathadder looks incompatible for 1-3-1 grip given the deep grooves in the L/R mouse buttons. that zowie looks like it coudl be good--but not sure about going back to only 2 thumb buttons :(

Used to love G502, now with G102/203 and I could say the shape is more comfy. Still not my daily driver thou.

19x10cm(thumb to pinky) hand here.

my first mouse was a logitech that came with my compaq. awful memories. been sticking with MS mice since.