Fell for the CompSci meme

>fell for the CompSci meme
>don't know how to program other than pasting codes from tutorials or my previous projects
>exam forces me to write out codes on paper
WTF

You should've been studying programming in your spare time. The whole point of a university education is they lay the fundamental groundwork while you spend your free time learning more about it. Sounds tedious? Well that's the career you wanna spend you life doing. If you can't do it for fun in your free time then how are you gonna work it as a job every day?

I don't want to program, I just want the be a project manager who overseas the code monkeys, not doing the dirty low-tier jobs.

Kek. Have fun being a NEET I guess.

We all start out doing that, you should have learned more in your free time.

You have a horribly narrow view of how workplace hierarchies are set out.
First you start off as a low paid entry level moron who they assume knows jack shit. Then you work overtime and get promoted. Then you get to become the project manager. Nobody starts off in a high position. Life isn't easy, you gotta claw your way up.

Then you should have gone for your MBA.
If you get a CS degree, you don't become a manager - you become a senior developer.

This is actually a really nice retard filter.
It separates people who actually learned something from the literal retards who copy pasted code and don't even know basic syntax or standard library functions.

that's for people who don't have a compsci/EE/computer engineering degree or a high school diploma and coding academy
I should be their superior

wrong

That superiority complex isn't gonna get you hired, good luck

>tfw paper C++ exam asks you to reverse a string
>use std::reverse

>manage a group of people that are doing something I know nothing about

how does that work
if you dont know what theyre doing or how
how do you expect to know the most efficent way of doing it

>This is actually a really nice retard filter.
Why do you think so many companies do whiteboard interviews?
They don't even do anything complex - the last one I went to started with fizzbuzz to show I wasn't a complete retard, then they did reversing a string, and a isPalindrome function.

The senior dev interviewing me chuckled and said the last 3 candidates they interviewed rewrote line-by-line the code for their reverseString function into the isPalindrome method and that I was the only person that just called the function.

Are you implying managers know anything about what the lowly computer nerds are doing?

I'm the ideas guy
I know coding architecture, that doesn't mean I know how to code.

>Having illegible clusterfuck writing skills

Lol I was in your spot once OP, i was a fucking idiot in my 3rd year of college who just switched to CS and took my first programming class. I had an almost 0 F until 1/4th of the semester after i put myself into gear. Had to drop calculus 1 (didn't know shit lol) and focused studying every chance I got.

Honestly it's friday, if you spend the next 2 days reading the book I assume you have for class and you know... studying you'll be able to catch up. You would be surprised how 'easy' it can be.

You need to learn this now before you start working in the real world.
In technical fields, managers rarely have experience in whatever they're managing.

They understand it at a 10,000 foot level, but that's it. They're managers because they can manage people and resources, not necessarily because they can DO.
Which is good, honestly. Senior developers should stay senior developers and not get bogged down with managerial work, which, most of the time, is sitting in various meetings all day.

I wouldn't trust any architectural decisions from an engineer who can't do math, just like I wouldn't trust any program architectural decisions from a manager who doesn't know how to program

Managers just need to know the general idea. Manager doesn't need to blow glass sculptures, that's the tech's job. Manager makes sure when you, the tech, walks in the workshop, you have your raw materials, the room is up to inspection, furnace works, keeps bullshit away from you, etc etc.

well what do comp sci classes actually consist of

my fucking sides

>go to school for non tech related stuff
>drop out because spending time tinkering with servers
>run gayming servers in closet and shit
>get job as lowbie sys admin
>end up working in
>data centers
>ISP's
>all sorts of shit
>early 20s
>quit to join a local startup
>take pay cut to join, looks promising
>think ill work my way up, get in on the ground floor
>its internal & external support for software company
>newhire orientation
>talking with young 20 something chicks
>they are being hired as project managers
>they had one job before they got here or only "managed projects" in college
>they start with salary
>notice i have to clock in
>"oh, you have to do that??"
>project management is a clusterfuck of idiot bimbos
>no communication
>redundant tasks
>micromanagement
>so many project managers to answer to
>they are completely tech illiterate
>quit

you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, idiots start out at high paying management jobs AS A RULE

I just have to program stuff in mine.

I hope you're miserable and perpetually indebted.

Managers are just there to push deadlines and liaise with customers so the developers don't have to.

If you're so smart, why don't you take a high paying managerial position?

It really does depend on the company. I get the feeling that it's more common in startups since they're full of "ideas" people. Any professional company will take someone with a degree in management at the minimum and have them in a low risk position until they prove they aren't retarded.

He got a dick instead of a vagina, that's why. Companies hire girls over guys.

>be OP
>"Hmm how do I troll Sup Forums, I'm bored"
>almonds activating for 5 mins
>grab a piece of paper and a pen
>a min later take pic of work done
>upload and post
>keep getting (You)s like no tomorrow
>respond to some, even more (You)s
>everyone is upset
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

My friends and I who quit immediately realized that we should. Why the fuck not? Forge a resume, immediately take job making salary. Honestly. I started a company with a friend instead though, non related field of work.

just become a girl then

Do you know how retarded you sound?

>just become a bird then
>just become an ant then
>just become a computer then
>just become a tree then

Someone can't take a joke.

these days it's easier than ever to be accepted as the opposite sex, just dress like a tranny and throw a fit when people misgender you, you will be treated like a female at any modern politically correct company and you'll get to leech off them in a bullshit job doing nothing important with a full salary.

engineer manager not gonna happen if u suck at coding or fundamentals, unless it's a shitty company

But then you'd lose your dignity as a man.

What good is dignity when you lost the genetic lottery and your gender has been considered disposable for as long as humans have been fighting wars.

I mean, the whole point of a CS degree is to be self sufficient. You can tinker with your own shit at home and make a profit out of it, or at least improve your resume

Then enjoy having a diversity hire tranny as your project manager breathing down your neck at every opportunity while she (him) makes more money than you for retweeting feminist memes on twitter.

You have skills that create value, they don't. You can create your own product as a dev, all they can do is work for another company doing bullshit and contributing no value to society.

>take community college computer programmer course
>making simple .net pograms
>building web applications with frameworks
>normalizing and creating databases

my course is clearly sponsored by (((microsoft))) but other than that is seems like a pretty good deal. im not socially autistic so i should be in the top 5% of my field

We're all gonna make it user, i went from shit tier retail salesperson to middle class hipster open office software guy.

my teacher did this using c++ for the first semester. by second semester we were submitting tests digitally but is correct about the retard filter.

>it's about knowing what you intend before typing

I was looking at it at the perspective of a white sane man wanting to jew out money out of the PC suckers. And it's not really worth it.

You are like the guys that went to IT managment. Whatever term you say they have some buzzword to add to it.

"I went to school to lead people, not to work"

"What programming language do you know?
Word, excel, powepoint."

They are all fliping burgers or working at hotel receptions. Good luck friendo.

>dropped calculus 1

OK Elliot

This. I learned more myself than in my actual classes.

>huur then whats the point of uni/college

It qualifies you for tech internships you would have been able to get otherwise.