In rural Canada it is common for people to have a massive amount of property attached to their house...

In rural Canada it is common for people to have a massive amount of property attached to their house. Would you ever want to live in such an open area?

yes

Forest? yeah

10 acres of lawn I have to mow every other week? nah

unless I'm rich and have mexicans do it for me

It's not that bad since most of the year is either winter or autumn. Summer doesn't last very long so you'd only have to mow it a few times.

In Straya owning acreage is part of a lot of people's life ambitions, then they spend every weekend on the ride-on mower
If I had a big area of land I'd want to do something with it other than maintain the lawn, I'd either farm it or return it to a forested state.

A "private drive" here is basically a house that is hidden deep within the forest and the only way to get to it is through a very long road that is usually only accessible to the person who owns the house because otherwise you'd be trespassing. That sounds like what you're looking for. But you'd have to retire as a homeless man to afford that.

isn't it also pretty expensive to get water, electricity, internet etc. to such remote locations?

or are those people pretty much self sufficient with wells and shit?

I'm not that autistic, or stupid in the way that only a certain type of middle class person is stupid.
I want to retire to a nice accessible suburb with good public transport with enough room in my backyard for a greenhouse so I can grow my own tomatoes and herbs. There's this area of northeastern Meme City next to tidal wetlands that gets periodically flooded and so the prices have stayed relatively low. I'll probably end up there.

Rural areas almost always have wells. I don't know anyone around here who has a "water bill". However you do have to pay for testing, but it's not required. We get our water tested for free to make sure it's safe to drink. Electricity however is accessible almost anywhere and if it isn't you can have them come and set up an electricity pole outside your home if there is a nearby pole to wire it to. This is what my aunt did when she built her new house. Internet kind of depends on what you're using. We use satellite Internet so it doesn't really matter where we're at.

How do you "return" a desert to a forested state

>Has never heard of tree farming aka silviculture

Most elite neighberhoods in the balkans (talking capital cities) have like 10-20 acres per house, sometimes more sometimes less, but this is the average and the land is filled with shit like pools, basketball courts, greenery and car areas. That's ideal desu but because all the best people are your neighbors and it's inside the city, not in the middle of nowhere.

I prefer living in a rural area here because you're basically forced to get to know your neighbours or else you'll be lonely. Unlike in the city where you may never talk to your neighbours. Where my grandparents live it's very common for the entire community to celebrate holidays together and you'd think everyone was related by how close they are.

Yes, have some goats, some buildings for vehicles, a nice house and a big terrace for a bbq.

Is there any option to retire in Canada for foreigners? Is it necessary to work a couple of years there to get permanent residency?

how much do such properties cost? Could you give me any link, german sites really have almost no offers for more obscure countries like yours.

also, would you say its good to live in your country? Ignoring anything work related

If you have the money to retire here, I don't think you need much to immigrate. You wouldn't be a citizen unless you jumped through the hoops but you'd still be able to get a home I think.

that sounds pretty sweet. im kinda tempted to buy some acres of rural land, ideally on a waterfront. Tell me about Nova Scotia, is it shit? saw some promising offerings there which are incredibly cheap compared to what I can buy here.

>Would you ever want to live in such an open area?
Depends, is it private? Can I hire a Mexican or a Native to mow the grass every week? Is the ground fertile enough to grow some basic crops?

>have 1,3 hectare lawn
>takes 2 hours to mow and has to do atleast once week for 4 months
>fuckit.jpg
>buy 2500€ robot mower
Best buy

why dont you plant some delicious crops? there has to be something that grows even in funland, blueberries? Install drip-irrigation and its very low maintenance too

I actually live in Nova Scotia. Cost per acre is pretty expensive in my opinion, but you can usually negotiate with people. People here usually give an outrageously high price for everything and expect you to try to get a lower price out of them. Or they'll be willing to exchange something of value for a discount on whatever they're selling. If you have any personal property you don't want or can't use after you retire then you could probably exchange it for some cheap land. Waterfront properties are everywhere. Even if you can't get a waterfront property, there's usually a lake or the ocean within a short driving distance. I don't live on the waterfront but I have a lake within a 10 minute walking distance from my house and the ocean is a 10 minute drive towntown or about a 1 hour walk. We also have "tax sales" here where people who don't pay their taxes have their houses auctioned off for the amount of taxes they owe. Let's say they owe $600 in taxes, then the auction will start at $600 but it'll usually go up to around $20,000 as people fight to get the property. If you go to one of these auctions you can get extremely cheap land and homes. My dad bought land from an auction and theres a river running through it. It was $2,000 and he would've probably paid $50,000 if it wasn't an auction property.

If you search Classified ads in a newspaper or online you can easily find people willing to mow your lawn for pennies. Usually kids looking to make some money over the summer or saving up for a school trip. Sometimes you'll find adults who just go around doing basic jobs for extra cash. And why wouldn't it be private? You'd need binoculars just to see through your neighbours windows.

Example of someone advertising their lawn mowing service.

do you think the prices are kinda inflated in a bubble that might burst, or do you think they will continue to rise? Im not sure if its worth to bind a lot of money right now when Im nowhere near retirement really. I guess it would be cool to have some land for vacations but otherwise its kind of dead capital.

Housing bubbles really only apply to mortgages because you're borrowing money to buy a home that is usually being sold by a real estate agent. If you're buying directly from the owner with your own money then the prices depend entirely on what the person wants. I've seen people sell their homes for extremely cheap because they were moving across the country and didn't want to continue paying taxes on it so they wanted to get rid of it immediately. It all depends on the situation. Never go through the bank though

Having more than a few acres that are waterfront (ocean not lake) and can have a dock will cost me at least a few millions. At least a few ten millions if California or NYC suburb.

I would want to move to a place where I can buy a few acre waterfont land to sea access within an hr from a city (like 500+k population) within 2 million budget after I retire

Its the dream mate though not in Canada, I have enough money to buy a small holding outright at the moment just not one in my country. When I have enough cash to survive a couple of years on no pay I expect I will be buying somewhere of about 3 hectares or more if the price and land are right.

In California you wouldn't even have to buy the land. Find a remote area that you know isn't owned by anyone (government property) and just move in. Under California law I think if you use a property for a certain amount of time, it automatically becomes yours. Until then they can still kick you out though

I would recommend New Brunswick, every post the NS guy has made is also true here, but the land is almost always cheaper than in neighboring Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, even waterfront properties. I'm not sure if there is a premium because they are islands, but New Brunswick is definitely the cheapest of the Maritime Provinces, all 3 are equally beautiful and great places for something like retirement.

However, unless you are an avid backwoods outdoorsman and with the exception of some bigger cities like Moncton, Halifax, or Charlottetown, it is not the best for young working people who like modern life.

Picture a poor, tural, fishing/logging community from 1945, add internet and newer cars, and you have most of the Canadian Maritimes

I have heard this too, squatter's rights it's called

owning land is almost always good nowadays, with populations rising there are more people who want to own land and eventually its going to get tougher to buy in some countries. If you own land you always have somewhere to live too, if the worst happens then if you can get a caravan or tent you have somewhere to live that is yours so you are not vagrant, etc.

>live in the forest
>use of satellite internet and the water from the well

This is the Canadian dream?

Kek. I didnt know that. I guess Chinese who are buy up properties of SF and LA might have hard time defending their properties as they often dont live in those properties and that law applies to private property as well

I only heard about it during the Arab Spring because I think some group in Libya took over the leader's personal home because he was in exile and there was nothing they could legally do about it. I think we have squatters rights here too, but it takes so long to get ownership.

I am posting this on xfinity sattellite internet, I live about 30 minutes drive time (longer in winter) from the nearest anything and almost 2 hours from the nearest city. Also, my house is actually on 2 dug wells, a 40'/12m with very clear water but low pressure and a 145'/44m well with great pressure but high concentration of iron in the water. The shallower is good for drinking, the deeper for everything else.
We use septic systems out here for waste

You feel global warming? I feel it in Siberia.

How do you make $$? I just cant find anyway of getting $$ in rural area

Farm work is actually a really good starting place. Some farms will even give you a place to live just so they can have you there at extremely early times to get in as much work as possible. Same with hotels. Rural areas usually have luxury hotels that will give you a free room if you work there.

Don't worry about working too many hours on the farm though. You're only allowed to legally work a certain number of hours per week and where I live you get a mandatory 2 weeks vacation after a year of work. Some provinces only require 6 months, some require 2 years. But everyone gets a guaranteed 2 week vacation at some point, as well as government holidays and weekends (if you work full time)

Do rural Canada places trust Europeans migrants? Id love to do that and I would do it almost for free tbhq.

It varies year to year but usually
>December, January
Scallop fishery
>February, March, April
Start with plowing end by picking up odd jobs here and there, whatever pops up
>May, June, July
Harvest rockweed and periwinkles
>August
Harvest blueberries
>Sept, Oct, Nov
Usually start the Autumn as a sternman hauling lobster and end it working in the woods picking tips and shearing trees for Christmas wreaths and trees

Year round I do some minor stringer features journalism for a couple local newspapers. I get $10 for every hundred words, usually an extra $100 a week.

This is a very common lifestyle for the area

The only time they wouldn't trust foreigners is when they require some form of higher education, like a college or university degree. They don't know a lot about foreign standards of education so they don't trust their qualifications. But farm and tourism work usually doesn't require anything. I once called up a resort across the country and told them I'd be there within a week and they offered me the job on the spot. Unfortunately I couldn't take the job because I found a better place closer to me but it just shows how easily you can get the job. No need to show any qualifications, just call them up.

Lots of places in Canada are very welcoming. The Canadian reputation for kindness is usually warranted.
The only problem with the Maritimes is that you will be a CFA (come from away) and the diversity, as well as knowledge thereof, are extremely limited, also we don't have shit like seasonal migrant workers, so you will be competing in a very poor labour market with locals. Having said that, you would certainly be welcome and definitely treated well, we're mostly just weird and insular people.

Fishing is probably better as a long term job. My cousin works in fishing and spends weeks out on the ocean, sometimes even travelling down to Jamaica. It's great if you like travelling and pays well. Best of all, you get the entire winter off with a pretty decent employment insurance.

My will of going to Canada has increased even more. Thanks fa.m.

>fishing
Is aquaculture a thing in Maritime? Kinda interestes in that stuff

You work to pay for gasoline to drive to work 2 hours? Horror..

Don't they plant anything in those fields?

Well my plan is to come to Cananda once I dont need to work anymore because I have aquired anough rental properties and stocks. having something like a homestead would be the dream, farming, fishing, hunting etc. how harsh are the winters in southeast Canada? and how the fuck did a canadian province get named after a german duchy?

yeah thats exactly what im thinking, the thought of having my own piece of land sounds quite reassuring.

Yeah we have the Centre of Geographic Sciences (COGS) in Nova Scotia and it has one of the highest standards for marine studies in the world. Usually people who graduate end up working in marine positions around the world, usually on large ships. But even without the degree you can work in fishing, lobsters, or a factory that processes the fish and packages them for retail. The last one is good because it's usually "piece work" where every box full of processed and packaged fish makes you like $10-$15 so if you have a fast hand you could easily be making more than the average person.

100% this
The idea of an online application process and such is completely foreign to me.
Here we just hear about a job, stop by or call them up, they might ask a couple questions and if they like what they hear and/or see you start work.
I worked for years in tourism on whale watching ships and booze-cruise party fishing boats and never filled out any application or anything like that, same applies to the fisheries.

Nope, that is personal property. We have about half the size of that and we usually set up outdoor sports in the summer like volleyball, tennis, a swimming pool, etc.

Named in honour of King Gerorge III who was from the house of Brunswick.
Weather here in summer is fairly hot, 25°-30°. We get less snow and cold than other parts of Canada, but are notorious for our ice storms and harsh Nor'easters.

I don't work in the city, there is a town 30 minutes from me, most of my work is out of there. During the fisheries seasons I usualky stay on the boat or at the nearby apartments that are owned by the aquaculture company.

>owned by the aquaculture company

This is another thing you could do. Fly in/fly out jobs. These are usually natural resources jobs in remote areas that require you flying in on a company helicopter or plane and staying in a temporary community with the other workers. This is very common in the oil and gas industry as well as mining. My cousin worked in gold mining and he stayed with 5 other people at the company headquarters during his 6 months there.

Aquaculture and shipping is everything in the Maritimes. All 3 provinces exist on their fisheries and ships and their history is tied to it.

Logging used to be an important industry here too, but not nearly as much anymore.

>yeah thats exactly what im thinking, the thought of having my own piece of land sounds quite reassuring.
i have been looking around at some in the 60-80Keuro range in brittany and slovenia and found plenty of nice houses with land around them. If you just want rural land itself somewhere like Bulgaria you can pick up a county for a box of ice creams.

How many months is snow in winter? Do you clean the snow bulldozer on the street? How to heat the house?

Where I live (Nova Scotia) it usually begins snowing towards the end of October (around Halloween) and doesn't stop snowing until maybe the middle of March (sometime around Easter). And by bulldozer I think you mean the snow plow. The government hires local snow plows to go around clearing up the streets and dropping salt. And almost everyone here uses wood for heat, although you can also have oil delivered to your house if you have a tank for it.

I have avoided this but a lot of people here work in thise industries, the money is great. My brother-in-law used to work the oil industry in Alberta but his company atually relocated him to an offshore well in NS recently.

Here companies like Acadian Seaplants Ltd. usually own a couple large houses near the docks and fir $50 a week taken directly out of your pay 3 or 4 guys can stay there for the season.

Nicest set up I ever had was a gorgeous seaside mansion in Bar Harbour where the crew of the Margaret Todd stayed during the season at no cost.

So do you mean like an oil platform? Though those works required a medium/high knowledge about what are you doing.

Not an oil platform, although we have those too. And nope, they usually don't require any qualifications whatsoever. It's probably the highest paying job you can get without a degree. People who fly out to an oil rig usually come back with heavy pockets full of cash.

Needs more trees.

yes, it would be awesome to live in a yuge rural area, maybe in Southern Chile

Actually I take that back. You do usually require some basic certificates like First Aid, Fall Protection and some chemicals certificate, but these are extremely easy to get and cheap.

Looks the same size as in Russian villages.

It's the same in NB as what the NS user just said. Snow from late Oct to mid Mar, all government roads are plowed and salted by the department of transportation, all private roads and driveways are plowed by the owner, or by someone the owner hires to plow and/or salt, and/or shovel.

Heat is usually wood, but oil and hydro are common too, they are just very expensive usually. Also common is hybrids, many oeople have heat oil forced air and a wood or even pellet stove in the home. They mostly use wood but will sometimes take the initial chill off by running the oil furnace for a few minutes a day.

Personally I have radiant water baseboards heated by oil. It's too damn expensive t.bh I'm putting in a wood furnace soon

It's like my life in Siberia. Only I use the mobile Internet instead of satellite Internet. Satellite Internet is expensive as a fuck.
You flood the antifreeze and winter oil in the car? What is the temperature in winter?

tbqh you'd probably be able to get a job very easily because you speak Spanish. Most college programs here require basic Spanish knowledge because of US-Canada trade, so if you can already speak it they'd probably put you at the top of the list, especially if they do a lot of work in the US.

Thanks. Didint know that Canada need spanish speaking people. The next month I was going to start studying french, but looks like it is only required on Quebec.

I will try find a way to send my application to some of those companies, can you guys name some of these? I only read before one user saying 'Acadian Seaplants'.

Looks similar to rural Victoria, except the grass here is usually a bit yellower and more overgrown

Im actually looking for a farm house in rural Germany (only chance to get my parents in on it, they dont want to emigrate), for like 150k you can easily get a comfy house with 20 ha of land. Or possibly a vacation home in Spain.

but since Im worried about the wild ride of Europe I dont want to put all my eggs in one basket, and Canada seems like the best and most stable option.

Actually where I live, since it's such a small community, the snow plows will also plow your driveway as well, assuming your car isn't in the way. We have a long driveway so they usually plow the first half of it and we have a 4WD truck so we just have to get out of the little bit of snow that's left and the rest of the driveway is cleared.

You should plant a shitload of trees, they are comfy as fuck.

Winter temps probably average -5° to -10° in Jan and Feb, but it can on rare occasions get as low as -40° with wind chill. That's where Farenheit and Celcius meet so I remember when it happens, hasn't gotten that cold in a few years though that I recall.

Yes we use antfreeze and winter weight oil, also NB requires winter tires during certain months as opposed to all season tires. Sometimes people plug their car engines into an extension cord too.

It gets much colder and snowier on other parts of Canada, we just get the crazy ice storms and Nor' Easters.
2 winters ago I was without power for 2 weeks following a severe ice storm, some people had no power for 3 weeks.

I lived on a property spawning multiple forests. Hunters often came thre to hunt, in exchange for some of their catch. Recently the land owned got even bigger because my grandpa gave what he had to my parents.

A few hundred grands worth of land now I reckon.

In tourism and agriculture, Spanish is a much more needed language. Tourism because of American tourists and agriculture because they usually sell to American companies, or if you're on a fishing boat and you travel to the Caribbean, it can be beneficial for talking to the locals. French isn't quite as common in the workplace as people think.

Also, check out the government website for finding jobs at jobbank.gc.ca

Other sites for finding jobs are:

indeed.com
monster.ca
kijiji.ca
etc.

Canada is 100 times more cucked than even germany

French is also required in New Brunswick (we're the only officially bilingual province) but is only required if you want a government job of some sort. They like it in tourism and customer service jobs, but it's not necessary, probably less than 25% of Anglos here actually speak French and less than 5% of Anglos over 45

People here will help eachother out and plow older folks and their neighbors. The DoT definitely won't though. We're lucky if they even plow government roads on time and worth a damn.

>and get periodically flooded

Try salting your own driveway before a big storm. I heard if you have an asphalt driveway it is also harder to cover in snow. Not sure if it's true though/

Thanks, very apreciated.

Cucked how? With immigration? Usually you might be right, but we are mostly talking about the Maritimes itt. My province is 97% white and 2.9% Amerindian/Metis, the whites almost entirely British/Irish and French. We have no immigrant cuckoldery here

Most people are also socially Tory, but vote consistently Liberal (or more recentky NDP) because poverty is high here and pocketbooks get more votes than principles. Definitely not liberal in the same way as Toronto or Vancouver though.

Canada has space, which is the most important thing. Europe is incredibly crowded, and in Canada I doubt refugees or chinese or w/e will want to build a homestead in rural parts, and even if they do I doubt those are the ones chimping out.

Canada is in lots of ways better, you can have guns, it has great nature and wildlife and its not close to Africa so its easier to secure from climate change refugees in the future.

>Canada
>Cucked like Germany

As far as I know we didnt have refugees imposed to small towns by the government.

You'd only be allowed here for sixth months a year

>A few hundred grands worth of land
one square meter in Vancouver?

Don't be misleading the guy. We don't need Spanish speakers. Easiest thing for him to do would be to know French and get in through Quebec.

>New Brunswick
>jobs

My drive is gravel, but I do put salt down before the storms hit. It keeps everything softer and easier to plow and shovel. Don't really know anyone with an asphalt drive, but I imagine it would be better in winter, certainly easier to shovel

Nova Scotia's third largest language is Arabic, but you'll only find Muslims in Halifax. The rest of the province is almost entirely white. But we also have like 40% of the military here, so you'd be lucky to find a rural area that doesn't constantly have foreign soldiers coming in for co-op training.

>New Brunswick
>jobs

If he was a tech guy looking for economic immigration, I definitely wouldn't recommend NB, but if you want easy, instant, cash under the table, no questions asked, seasonal, type jobs, then tourism, fisheries, and agriculture harvesting in NB is probably your easiest and best bet.

Is it just me or do maritime companies (especially farms) think that all foreigners, regardless of where they're from, are harder workers and cheaper labour? It's like they think Mexicans are anyone outside of the US and Canada and therefore they expect foreigners to be willing to break their backs more than the locals would. At least that's from my experience. The last place I worked we had a guy from France who they pushed harder than anyone else.

You like hunting and fishing huh? Well I don't know about Germany, but if you plan on fishing here, all the water is open to you because nobody owns the water (as far as I know). You can fish on someone else's property and it's fine, although there might be complaints.

We have CFB Gagetown but not too close to me, not sure how many foreign forces do training there. I have seen a few Muslims in the bigger cities like St. John and Fredericton, mostly UNB students, but they are rare enough that they noticeably stick out.
You can go a decade at a time here without ever seeing a black person, and Asians are very rare, my nearby town of 5,000 has only one Asian family that run the Chinese restaurant and a small attached hotel.

I did a bunch of math once from online sources. Atlantic Canada and Northern New England are 95% non-Hispanic white in an area the size of France, the population of Denmark, and the HDI of New Zealand.

It is the same here. A local chocolate factory, Ganongs, and a local salmon aquaculture company, Connors, shipped in some Romanian workers.
They supposedly treated them poorly and demanded more from them than they did locals. There were many complaints and almost all of them left to go west as soon as their contracts with the companies were up

>harder workers and cheaper labour

If they're foreign, they have more of a reason to work. The fact they're there, means they are ether getting paid more than otherwise, or are more interested in working in the area.

They also have no legal recourse. Locals might have a uncle who is a lawyer.

in germany its a completel disaster, every body of water except the ocean and a few of the largest rivers and lakes are in the hands of fishing clubs, so you have to usually pay 150€ upwards a year for a fishing license for ONE single body of water.

I actually dont hunt yet but getting your own land here is probably unaffordable, you would rather have to get a permit from other guys for every single animal you want to shoot.

>You'd only be allowed here for sixth months a year

so in theory I could live the cold months in spain and the summer in Canada every year? or are there other regulations that prevent that?

People who spend their summers here are called snowbirds, it's very common and is completely legal.
You just have to have a residence elsewhere, and spend at least 183 days a year there.

That's just to be in the country though, it gives you no access to healthcare, jobs, etc although cash jobs aren't hard to get in the summer.

A non-resident fishing license is $25 CAD ($19.25 USD), $60 if you want a salmon tag too. New Brunswick is famous for its world class salmon fishing so it comes at a premium.
It's good for any body of water, salt or fresh, and is a seasonal license, good from the date of purchase until Dec 31 of that year.

3, 5, and 7 day licenses are also available, usually $5 or $6

Most common species here are:
Freshwater:
>Smallmouth bass
>Largemouth bass
>yellow perch
>white perch
>Brook trout
>Pumkinseed Sunfish
>Chain Pickerel
>Northern Pike
>Salmon

Salt Water
>flounder
>cod
>mackerel
>herring
>striped bass (can be fresh)

I live in exactly the type of place you're describing.
Its shit.
Its nice enough for older people, but don't try to raise kids here.

We have 160 ha of land and we got a 1ha lawn and 5ha of fields around the house. Feels good man great for enduroa, snocross and shieet.

No. I would want to live in a nice quite area in one of the home counties here, probably the comfiest place to be.

Yeah we are growing potatoes, cabbages, carrots 'n' shit.