Firefox Hate Thread

>latest ublock origin is broken on the release version of FF and won't work until FF56 is released
>fucking greasemonkey is now broken and causes FF to crash upon close
fuck this shit, I'm out

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/javascript-control/
ghacks.net/2017/09/21/greasemonkey-4-firefox-57-compatibility/
a.uguu.se/qiMqUaafaogx_greasemonkey-4.0alpha1.xpi
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox/Tweaks
eff.org/files/https-everywhere-test/https-everywhere-latest.xpi
github.com/gdriggs/icecat-win64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the current year, use Chrome faggot.

>tabs on top
> in the trash it goes

use firefox 57

>some of my addons are broken
>use the nightly which breaks everything

uBlock Origin 1.14.11rc0 works just fucking fine on all versions of Firefox that I've tested including all the nightlies up to today so, I don't know what the fuck you're smoking, son, but you're full of shit.

autism

or, you know... don't. don't use chrome. that's good too. better even.

>Your browser, Our way

Use brave. The comfiest browser of them all.

where do your tabs go?

I just can't deal any more. They're determined to ruin their browser for some reason

I dislike the frequent changes. It's annoying.

In addition to security fixes and bug fixes, you get UI changes and changes that break extensions. Actually part of the reason for the neverending security fixes and bug fixes is the continual changes/additions to features.The FF devs are wankers.

>breaking changes break things
you don't say

Have fun trying to color manage

Ublock is broken? In what way

What? I have the latest uBlock Origin on FF58. v1.14.11rc0 (which was released 2 days ago).
Whereas Chrome uses the outdated one from what I see and is still stuck on 1.14.8 (released 19 days ago). So, you're retarded and a shill and are spreading false information. Fuck off and go kys.

>Need 2-3 days to upload a Youtube video
>Firefox randomly crashes, dismissing the upload progress
>Firefox needing 1 GB of RAM for the same upload window Internet Explorer needs 95 MB for

After using IE again for a while, I decided to try Vivaldi. Totally worth it.
No, I never used that because of all the Google botnet. Try Vivaldi, its a better Chrome. I really like the design and customization.

??

>No, I never used that because of all the Google botnet. Try Vivaldi, its a better Chrome. I really like the design and customization.
Uh, you do know that Vivaldi itself is Chromium based with all the Google pings still in it, yes?

Must suck being a retard

>greasemonkey
wasn't there a 57 ready alt of this

the only addon you need
addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/javascript-control/

>fucking greasemonkey is now broken

what is tampermonkey lad

Firefox has more recent uBlock Origin than Chromium browsers.

>latest ublock origin is broken on the release version of FF and won't work until FF56 is released
Uh, no it's not, retard.

ghacks.net/2017/09/21/greasemonkey-4-firefox-57-compatibility/
>The downside to this is that the move will break compatibility with some userscripts. This change was not enforced on the developers by the new APIs that Mozilla created, but has been a deliberate decision.
>As a result, version 4 of Greasemonkey is a nearly complete re-write. Its interface and feature set have been rebuilt in order to best to work with coming Firefox versions. A variety of compromises have been made. We've elected to make a rare backwards incompatible change.
>The decision was made to only support userscripts designed to run asynchronously for performance reasons. This breaks compatibility with older scripts.
So, how many older scripts will be broken and how old?

4chanX doesn't work, i can tell you that since i already tried it
a.uguu.se/qiMqUaafaogx_greasemonkey-4.0alpha1.xpi

What was name of that firefox' hosting site that they recently made?

It just werks on nightly.

>tfw greasemonkey updated to v4 alpha (why) and deleted Sup Forums-x

4chanx isn't compatible with the newer greasemonkey

it's 58 now

So what do I use? I'm sick of Firefox not working, I've made a clean install and it can't play webms or even SAVE them without corruption. They only work if they are embedded in a page. Add-ons are fucked and for the past 2 decades they still haven't managed to deal with the memory leaks.

All I want is
>Vertical tree-style tabs to the side of the browser
>uBlock or whatever
>A proper (third-party optional) session manager that saves locally and doesn't use cloud crap

Can older FF versions run web extensions are can I just never update anything ever again?

older ones can run web extensions.

Sup Forums X has been broken for over a month now anyway.
I feel like the dude just quit working on it.

WaterFox is basically just FF without the newer features that no one needs anyway.
It's a bit slower but not in a way where you'd actually notice it.

And I presume any ff extension I already use will work just fine in it?

I haven't found one that doesn't work yet but I wouldn't assume that it supports every single one.

I love how you blame the browser for the incompatability of the add-on. Are we supposed to halt the development of Firefox in order to allow some pissant developer the time to pull his thumb out of his ass and get caught up with changes?

What's wrong with it?

The numbers of unread posts it displays in the tabs gets stuck nearly every time even if you scroll through the entire thread.
The only way to fix that is to keep refreshing the thread multiple times until it works again.

Also every single image you want to upload shows an error. You can still upload them but it's annoying.

Thought upload error only happens with randomizing filenames checked? Still has a bunch of issues though.

>reddit
>discord
>uni shitter
Sasuga Chromefag

are you retarded? ublock origin is fine on firefox 57

>violentmonkey

Genuine question, does firefox hate RSS feeds?
it's becoming more tedious just to check an update.

The problem is on your side

Why is FF's performance ass on Linux? It's nice and fast on Windows.

Well I'll check it out, thanks

Likely, but I did what I could to fix it by making a clean install.

What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums ? Since when do you guys aren't using FF ESR ?

try uninstall and delete mozilla folder on appdata/local

You could take a look at this:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox/Tweaks

bull fuckin shit

I wish I was lying, but unfortunately that has been my experience with FF on Linux. Regardless of distro, the performance is never comparable to, say, Chromium.

On Windows I have never had this problem. Dunno if I'm doing something wrong.

>Not using Waterfox.

Works fine for me on palemoon.

lmao how pathetic that vivaldi has shills trying to get it above 0.000001% of the market on Sup Forums. kys faggots vivaldi is for faggots

I'm the guy you replied to and yeah it's been broken on old greasemonkey with the unread posts count problem, it works perfectly fine on violentmonkey though and like i said it doesn't work at all with the new greasemonkey.

>>latest ublock origin is broken on the release version of FF and won't work until FF56 is released
werks 4 me :^)

Just use Cyberfox

>allow sjw's run wild in organization
>gee why are things going to hell hmm

First Firefox, then GNOME, now Google. It appears that effects of that start showing with about 4 year delay. I'd sell all Google stock by next Christmas.

firefox 57 is amazing

This feels like the right thread to ask:

appchanX hasn't worked for me since start of this month.
What has happened?
Browsing Sup Forums without it is significantly worse.

I was wondering where these crash on exit were suddenly coming from. Thanks, Firecucks. Breaking a decade of extensions because MUH CHROME was totally worth it.

JUST USE ICECAT HOLY SHIT

Is there any executable version, I can only find source code.

Is it secure and up to date?

>people actually use appchan x
I thought that was abandoned ages ago.

user styles can be done through an extension

why would you want to block data: uris? but it is a valid point

use ungoogled chromium with noscript if you're worried about tracking, unironically using that setup right now

anti-fingerprinting: see above

I'm sure that there are other, valid reasons to use firefox, but I think this guy is a little pretentious pretending to be "baffled" as to why people think firefox has gotten worse

It hadn't been updated since about 2014, but it worked flawlessly.
What do you use? 4chanX?

1. Why are you using Windows XP?
2. uBlock Origin works fine for me and I am on the latest version of Firefox.
3. You are a faggot.

CHAPTCHA: STOP PLACE

What else but ccd0?

Has anyone else had trouble with HTTPS Everywhere?

Since this morning Sup Forums doesn't get auto-redirected to https anymore.

>be you
>use special snowflake add-on
>Now I know the color of your bupes
>pale-dirty blonde pubes

you should upgrade to firefox developer edition which is fast as fuck

Not him but…Mine go on bottom, like the good old days.

Switch to ESR?

>why would you want to block data: uris
Because people will use such URLs instead of regular URLs because shit browsers like Chrome can't block them?

Just update your bookmark(s) to https rather than http.
Also enable "Always use HTTPS" in the Sup Forums settings.

You can also give the WebExtensions version a try
eff.org/files/https-everywhere-test/https-everywhere-latest.xpi

Chrome extensions can definitely block data: urls. I constantly get warnings that noscript tried to block a data: url but it failed because adnauseum blocked it first.

>having Sup Forums bookmarks
I prefer not getting recommended Sup Forums-urls when writing to the URL bar.
Thanks for the WebExtensions version link, though.

>check add-ons
>every single one of them is marked as "legacy"
What the hell is Mozilla doing? Is killing a working system part of their plan?
Their plan to merge the search bar into the URL bar is cancer as well. Who the fuck is running Mozilla at the moment? Art majors?
Usually I'd blame business majors, but even for them this degree of failure seems unlikely.

>no navbar autohide
into the trash

>hangs if I open too many tabs
>requires pulseaudio
>doesn't load captcha

I want to use firefox but fuck this

nah, this is my experience with firefox as well

>hangs if I open too many tabs
don't open too many tabs then
>requires pulseaudio
pulseaudio is fine, but I'm pretty sure you can compile it yourself with the pulseaudio requirement disabled
>doesn't load captcha
works on my machine
btw I use Arch Linux

Install violentmonkey and whitelisting Sup Forums with ublock origin fixed both for me.

>don't open too many tabs then

OR I can install a browser that has QA and isn't a sjw piece of shit

oh, you're just a Sup Forumstard. nevermind then

Anyone know what happened to my fonts in waterfox? Opened it a few minutes ago and see pic related. Anyone ever had this issue I tried resetting fonts and rebooting but none of that worked

freetype update. it's fixed in firefox

I had a feeling it had something to do with that, it happened right after I updated freetype

If anyone else has this problem setting gfx.canvas.azure.backends and gfx.content.azure.backends to cairo fixes the issue temporarily

Nigga you don't need Meme Badger if you have uBlock Origin.

>reddit comment collapser

>>every single one of them is marked as "legacy"
Keep in mind many add-ons are already rewritten or in the process of being rewritten to WebExtensions.
They are just using the time before 57 hits to polish them before release.

I have 3 legacy extensions left but they all have a pure WebExt dev version. They will come.

Yeh, it's slow af doe.
github.com/gdriggs/icecat-win64

>>hangs if I open too many tabs
>>requires pulseaudio
>>doesn't load captcha
None of those happen with v55.0.3 (64 Bits).

go away shill