Thoughts?

Thoughts?

>143 million compromised
>1 year trial
> Fake Phishing Site that they even tweeted to that anybody could of made

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/equifax-ceo-hired-a-music-major-as-the-companys-chief-security-officer-2017-09-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really hope that some day companies will see user personal information as a toxic liability that they should dispose of securely or safeguard intently, lest they get sued into oblivion.

The forces behind the credit agencies are so central to the entire banking industry I fear they are beyond us mere mortals.

Proposed alternatives let users themselves share their information with consent, removing the need for supersecure mass storage. Still a pipe dream.

The breach caused a massive amount of people to freeze their credit and opt out of prescreening which means less people will be opening credit or allowing their data sold to advertisers. It's like the credit version of millions of people installing Adblock. Credit keeps the economy going. They have to know that millions of people losing faith in the credit system and freezing credit is going to cause their industry and the whole economy to tank. So not only the credit bureaus but people whose business model is selling credit will also be pissed at the credit bureaus.

>Thoughts?
Don't care, I'm making bank on their stock right now.

Perhaps one day normies will learn to stop buying shit they can't afford so they don't have to trust credit companies with such sensitive information?

Thats not the end of it.

>create a site to check if your identity has been compromised
>if anyone uses that, they automatically give up their right to sue them in class action lawsuit

and

>their executives sold shares right before revealing the news to the public about the hack

and

>they hired a music degree woman and made her a lead chief of security

>could of
There is no such phrase as "could of" in English. Never, never, never write those two words together as a phrase.* You don't even need to read the following explanation to know why, if you don't want to. All you have to do is to proofread your work to make sure those words never appear as a phrase in your writing.

Native speakers of English really should know better--but way too few do. In fact, I've recently read two essays that include the locution "could of." (Another covered all bets by writing "could have of.")

How can this happen, you may wonder. Easy: Say the contraction "could've" (for "could have") out loud. Hear it? It sounds like "could of," and if a person is a bit careless about his writing, he could easily write it as he hears it. But "could" is an auxiliary (helping) verb in a verb phrase. The word that it "helps" must also be a verb, of course. Is "of" a verb? Well, just try conjugating it: I of, you of, he/she/it ofs, we of, you of, they of. I don't think so.

Why did I go to the trouble of pretending to conjugate "of"? I know it's silly, but it's in keeping with my "Big Bird Theory of Education": it's easier to remember a new idea if it's attached to an eight-foot yellow bird--or something equally goofy. From now on, I bet you will think, "I of, you of, he/she/it ofs," every time you hear, say, or write "could've," and that will haul your fanny up short if you're thinking of writing "could of"!

By the way, the same goes for "should've" and "would've." But you knew that, didn't you?

Anyway, do proofread your work, please. We all make mistakes sometimes, and we don't always catch them all. In fact, this grammar and usage lady has a few typos hanging out there in various comment sections for all the world to see, and it keeps her awake at night. And we are all in a hurry, I know. But at least a little proofreading is in order, don't you think?

Autism Award 2017

Thank you.

I hope they get sued to death

Of course Equifax needs to die. What about the other agencies? Who gave them power to literally spy on every person without knowledge of consent?

>could of
9gag and reddit ruined the internet

Congratulations, you are witnessing an evolution of a language. For other recent changes in the language, see how the term 'literally' is being commonly used as an emphasis now.
I would expect the 'could/would/should of' to be accepted as grammatically correct in the not-so-distant future.

do you need to ask...
let me give you a clue
they tell them how if you are good with your money

>could of
You could have learned English first before posting, pajeet.

What are you on about

And just imagine the level of incompetence their "security team" must have. Those guys exploited a 9 YEAR OLD bug. 9 fucking years of not updating and modernizing their software infrastructure...

When you hire a music major as you security chief you should expect these kind of things
marketwatch.com/story/equifax-ceo-hired-a-music-major-as-the-companys-chief-security-officer-2017-09-15

Freezing your credit just means you can't open new lines of credit without jumping through one or two additional hoops. It does nothing to prevent you from using the ones already available to you.

Since the USA hates freedom and loves corrupt companies and lobbyism against consumers, they will probably give Equifax a medal and some money.

> that anybody could of made
> could of made
> could of

If you've ever had any credit check at all for any reason one of these three companies will have your information. You get no say.

SSN needs to be replaced with a personal digital signature, then this won't even be a problem.

Equifax suffered basically no consequences

They're part of an oligopoly anyway, so they won't lose that much business

Why should they get in trouble? It's not like they intentionally leaked people's information.

I'm more butt blasted that you said "could of."