A good browser

I need a web browser that doesn't eat all my fucking memory, is decently fast and doesn't send everything I do to a corporation.
Does such a thing exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/versions/beta?page=1#version-1.0.1rc1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lynx

Firefox 57

I want a GUI.
I'm using Firefox 55 right now. What's the difference?

>What's the difference?
stylo and web extensions

The extensions I'm using (noscript, greasemonkey, https everywhere) are outdated on 55.

>noscript
umatrix
>greasemonkey
tampermonkey or violentmonkey or wait for greasemonkey 4
>https everywhere
has a webextension

Thanks. Should I replace ublock origin with umatrix as well?
Is F57 really less hungry on memory than Chrome and the other main browsers? Isn't it slower?

>Should I replace ublock origin with umatrix as well?
no, use both.

>Is F57 really less hungry on memory than Chrome
yes, if you change the content process limit in the options to 1 or something (default is 4)

>Isn't it slower?
stylo takes care of that, it's just as fast now.

If Windows or Linux, Firefox Nightly
If macOS, Safari

>Safari
Why?

UMatrix doesn't work with the latest nightly

works on my machine

The addons website tells me "This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox".

It's not the browser actually.

What we need is a better web. None of this crazy bloated bullshit. There are alternatives: a bunch of interesting ones, a bunch of outdated ones, and some with security problems. At this point anything will do. It's just that widespread adoption is a complete fucking nightmare that will take up a lot of resources. If we're lucky, the W3C will fuck up more and cause someone with the resources to switch to like gopher or IPFS or some other alternative. But none of that will ever happen, because those people are usually the ones paying the W3C anyway. Nobody gives a shit about the end users.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/versions/beta?page=1#version-1.0.1rc1

Thanks.

Is Nightly better than vanilla Firefox?

until v57 is on stable, yes, for sure.

FF57 does thread pooling with a hard limit of content processes (4 by default, configurable up to 7) whereas Chrome spawns a new process for every tab. This is makes FF57 nice and snappy while using less than 2GB RAM for 20 tabs.

>tfw you set content processes to 7

>finished migrating from Firefox to Nightly
>lost my entire thread watcher which was around fifty threads
Fucking hell just kill me. I can't get it back, can I?

Do you still have the original Firefox installed?
There's probably a way to export them with Sup Forums X but Idk

Yeah but when I start it up the thread watcher is empty. Fuck

it's gone son

>tfw I'm going to have to browse the catalog of more than twenty boards to get that shit back
That'll teach me to not back up my shit before doing something important, I guess.

Didn't read the thread
>Lynx
Meets your requirements. HTH

What are some essential extensions for Nightly?

I think our best hope at this point is that widespread ad-blocker usage starts to drive advertising-centric companies out of business, as brands realize that they're spending lots of money on ads that are seen by either bots or nobody. The vast majority of the bullshit that infests todays web (such as 90%+ of all javascript and tracking/browser fingerprinting) is driven by advertising.

bump