Coding

Hi Sup Forums
I'm a recently admitted lawyer working in a rather large firm. Since the firm specializes in only one field it has a lot of pro forma word documents that they just re use for every new client.
Only basic stuff changes on these documents
Header names, case numbers, dates and references.

I'm starting to realize that the firm isn't exactly up to date tech wise. As i'm quite sure the creation of these documents can be simplified through a program.

Every client the firm takes has a word document with a distinct reference on it. And all legal documents relating to that client is created on that single word document.

Does Sup Forums have any advice on what coding language would be most appropriate that i should start learning in order to create software like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-or-run-a-macro-c6b99036-905c-49a6-818a-dfb98b7c3c9c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>coding
>"word document"

kindly fuck off

Basically a program where you can search and select the referenced word document from the network. then Select from a dropbox a list of these pro forma documents and then the program inserts the chosen document into the clients word document and changes certain fields.

Why would you have to learn it yourself? Convince management to hire an expert.

I like side projects.
And what i remember from the couple of courses i took in delphi a few years back editing rich text documents and extracting or importing certain information wasn't that hard.

Learn Microsoft Office's macro with Visual Basic, that's 90s tech and newfags don't know how to use it. You can do templates and edit those with forms, those forms can edit certain parts of the document.

>And what i remember from the couple of courses i took in delphi a few years back editing rich text documents and extracting or importing certain information wasn't that hard.

I take it you haven't had to deal with proprietary and barely documented formats tied to a particular proprietary software that changes over the years.

Fucking retard, managing data from word is easy as fuck, you can either use Macro or Python. Fucking shill if you can't help, go fys

this is your best bet, OP

thanks. i'll look into that.
No, Is that the reason why it isn't as simple as it sounds?
This seems like a rather large industry that hasn't been completely modernized yet. 60% of the work these law firms do are copy and paste shit that can be delegated to a secretary.
It just seems like a rather lucrative field to actually write software for.

My father worked doing custom Macro templates... in the 90s. I can't believe that people is still tech illiterate.

Just like you're regular illiterate

I think you could also us Python to manipulate word documents, but using Word's native macro language is for thr best.

See support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-or-run-a-macro-c6b99036-905c-49a6-818a-dfb98b7c3c9c

Also:
Jesus this is ugly as fuck.
Okay.
Cute.

some anons already mention it, office+VB or python, should be enough and wont waste your time too much
i use both of them too (accounting/finance) in the past, but then try to learn c++ now to makes bigger stuff for fun and possibly help my organization if i care enough
and yeah people hates change

OP do you have the other half of this pic? I've seen people using both for dual monitors.

You can also use office's COM libraries, to control the content. Could be better if you already know c# or any other language supporting COM.

>rather large firm
Large firms invest their shekels in good law office management software, of which there is an abundance. Further, you are there to book billable hours, not to study programming, you fucking idiot.

>Further, you are there to
Yes user. I'm at the office as we speak. In fact the client is right in front of me.
I told him to hang on just a few minutes in order for me to come online and hear you dribble some incoherent nonsense while you try and pass it off as an insult.
Clean your room.

Build a LaTeX template and use Pandoc. You can then create new documents using simple YAML structures.

Doesn't Panty have cum on her in the original pic?

This

Your best bet would be to use an Assembler.

OLE (object linking and embedding) would be something to google for.

Thx user. This is all i needed to get me on the right path.
Thank you