Surface book

so my gf refused the idea of getting a thinkpad
They are ugly is the excuse
she wants a surface book
should i get one straight from microsoft or just get one off of ebay or amazon

Dump your girlfriend

The next revision of the Surface Book is arriving in early 2018. Tell your gf to have some patience.

I however would not recommend getting one; they are overpriced. What are her needs as a user?

Surface pro is lighter and more portable, keyboard is awesome too. Problem is you can't use it on your lap.

Why the fuck do you need to ask your girlfriend which laptop you are going to use, you fucking cuck. Get the fucking ThinkPad.

If it's for her, get the stupid cunt a tablet because it's more than she needs.

>gf
>my
>implying

You can just cautiously

>believing OP's claim

Not shopping for me I already have a W520 32gb ram with a ssd and harddrive in the dvd bay

you know what she needs it for typing kek
i knew that i was wondering if it would be cheaper to wait or just get something off ebay or amazon

get a HP elitebook x360

or go for the xiami air 12, it's just as good looking, doesn't have the pen though

bezels look like shit and
>hp ever
how are the thermals. the reason she doesn't like macs is it warms her legs and she hates that

business line of HP is absolutely okay, much better than the 1 year of warranty microshit stuff. (elitebook comes with 3)
Notebookcheck has a good review of the xiaomi, I guess it's as good infos as you can get.

i have bad memories of hp. but i will check out notebookcheck

yeah, their consumer grade laptops are absolute shit. Their business line have next to nothing in comon with the consumer line though.

>she
>implying

Gentoo is the only gf a real man requires.

my GF is using an E6440 dell latitude I had before my thinkpad t440p. And, while she went working abroad her cunt roomate broke the fucking magnesium rollcage everybody on Sup Forums raves about.

But my gf said that she liked it really much because it was actually sturdy, the keyboard was GOAT and it works really nicely with linux - she hates ubuntu and prefers debian testing.

So I got her even a better version w/ FHD screen for ~500 bucks.

But, OP, if your GF is actually retarded then get her a non-windows tablet.

She doesn't need a tablet shes selling her ipad and cheapy acer laptop because "muh portability and light weight"
shes 5,2 so i guess thats why she wants something small and powerful
>tfw she saw me boot fedora and called me a pleb

>gf
>my
>implying

>shes 5,2
if she's not fat you're living the dream

rMB

>the virgin surface pro lap setup vs the chad iPad experience

>dumping your gf over a meme

> she wands something small and powerful
very poor choice of words
btw get her an e7440 or any other 2nd hand ultabook-ish laptops from 4th gen intel upwards. There's no reason to spend more than ~800 dollars on a laptop - unless it's your company who's paying :^)
are you trying to imply something?

Get her one of those celeron surface book clones for 300$

you also have an option to price check in some departments stores like best buy, try that out

Expensive...

How is that poor choice of words
Yeah maybe or I wonder if Black Friday would be a good wait for.

>implying
>you're the one implying op has a "gf" just cause he claimed he did lmfao

>he feels the need to post implying at the thought of someone having a gf

not everybody is a 14yo masturbating monkey with a loathing face full of zits who posts on Sup Forums to forget that the teenage girls in his class don't even want him around

>Buy nicotine patches
>stick them on her back
>Every Night spend a couple of hours whispering in her ear about how great thinkpads are.
>Do this until she gets the surface
>Stop giving her the nicotine

try again sweetie

why do i feel like that would actually work
maybe better if i stuck one on her and she saw pictures of thinkpads
lmao

I don't know. Try it and let us know if it works. If it doesn't you could always strangle her to death and then throw the corpse into the ocean.

Jesus fucking christ man.

>Sup Forums consumer bullshit
No one gives a shit about your laptops and your lack of confidence.
All laptops and '2-in-1's are shit. Buy a real PC.

I use a top end SurfaceBook Pro for work and it's the biggest steaming pile of crap I've ever used.

Constant black screens trying to wake from sleep, the latch detachment is hit and miss, booting it whilst connected to my KVM causes it to hang and switching the KVM to the SurfaceBook causes Windows to have a seizure whilst it adjusts the display scaling for my multi display setup.

Meanwhile the shitty MacMini I also use.. works perfectly.

2-in-1 laptop is PC. I prefers it.

Totally not an APPLE shills.

You ask your gf for permission to buy a computer?

Holy projection batman, you must be incel as fuck to have a hard time believing other people aren't.

>Has a "professional" laptop
>Apparently hasn't updated it in a year

Typical Sup Forums user ey?
You do realise many people had those issues, but that they where patched out ages ago right?

>Just order a new Surface pro to replace my drawing pad
>Programming as a hobby and as work
>Do art on the side for fun

Feels good being a programmer that does art on the side. Is everyone shilling against these just jealous of artists or something?
Been loving one i burrowed from work. Can't wait to get my own.

Have you seen how much the screen wobbles. I don't know much about the surface laptop but I would look into that just because of the screen wobble.

>shill posts are this blatant nowadays

>They are ugly is her excuse
Tell her that when she gets old and ugly you'll leave her for a prettier girl.

Dear god i just want to kiss her eyes

Nah it's a mobile computer. Laptops are always a BIG compromise on everything except for mobility. Just for richfags who don't give a shit about value and the productivity that comes with real full-size peripherals. (lol @ 12" monitor for productivity, in the year of our lord 2017)

Just get an X1 Yoga. Better than the surface book for less and it's user-serviceable. If the surface book gets wrecked, you're SOL

get her a $379 dell

call it what ever you want

Show her ifixit's teardown stating why it's completely unrepairable and thus will need a 3 year warranty on top of the huge cost.

Get her something that is neither a thinkpad nor a surface.
Surfaces are worse even than macs due being made out of carpet and glue.

>implying

It do happen, people with girlfriends.
It's rare to happen like a pretty one, but house gets boring without anyone else.

Thinkpad looks way better than the image you posted which looks incredibly boring. I dont get why anyone considers the Thinkpads ugly.

Why the fuck do you care if OP is lying? It certainly hasn't helped you write anything that makes other people care about your opinion.

Get her a MemePD Pocket with linux

get the greedy bitch a thinkpad anyway
sounds like youre buying

Absolutely not. I hate the Mac, it was just a quick comparison of a £700 machine Vs £2k+
I would have preferred to use a Dell XPS 13 for half the price over the SB

> Typical Sup Forums user
Speak for yourself, spunk bucket.
It's running the Creator's Update with all recent patches

OP, just get the thinkpad. If she complains beat the fucking shit out of her.

>implying

>her