>restart
>screen is 800x600 16bit
>no hdd and network drivers
>trackpad doesnt work
Great job freetards

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice fake story. Updates don't break drivers. They break DEs all the time though. If you want a secure system that you can update without worrying about breaking anything use Debian.

Let me guess, are you using debian for first time? :D

He fell for the sudo apt-get upgrade meme.

Nice fake story. Updates don't break drivers. They break DEs all the time though. If you want a secure system that you can update without worrying about breaking anything use Arch LTS kernel.

Freedom ain't free. It has to be paid with your time, productivity and convenience.

My experience with arch

>Wifi is broken
>Kernel is broken (Thus backlight, kb backlight, sleep etc is broken)

Can't even be bothered to fix it, moved back to OS X. Too bad I was just getting /comfy/

>Windows needs to restart to complete updates
>Restarting...
>Working on updates. Please don't turn off your computer
>pic related
>restarting...

Dumb frogposter confirmed

>posts frogs
>tells lies on internet

does your fascination for anime stem from a lack of friends and companions in real life?

usually when updates break shit, its your own fault. stop using those testing repos. debians stable repos are good and trustworthy, ive used them for 8+ years now and hardly had any troubles.

>come home from work
>turn on computer to relax
>windows is configuring my updates
>RIP my entire evening
>now have no escape from my suffering.

My experience with arch was more like:
>Wifi is broken
>Find out how to make it work
>Break something and reinstall arch
>Try something else
>Break something and reinstall arch
>pacman -Syu
>Give up

When I tried Linux I started off with mint. And the first update broke the gui, which I managed to fix.
Then I tried ubuntu, but the software center barely worked. With unconventional programs I constantly missed dependencies. And when I tried to set up my webhosting work environment I got permission issues, which I knew how to fix but I wasn't sure if that meant I just created a security flaw.

ever heard of weed?

Does being rude stem from a lack of friends and companions in real life?

I started off with ubuntu but the thing just crashed after the installation on random. There was like a 50/50 chance of it hanging on boot.

Arch worked for me for 3 months before some big update broke everything. Managed to fix the WM and display drivers but while trying to fix WiFi (Which already barely worked by the way) I also broke the kernel and gave up

Linux is so close to actually being good but whats up with updates just always breaking shit

My experience with arch:
>Want to do something
>Do it without problems because I actually know how to use a fucking computer
>Everything just werks
>Most stable distro I ever used
>/comfy/

DUDE

I don't have the social contacts necessary to acquire the weeds. Hence why I spend all day on a Mongolian tapestry weaving bbs

Weed is wack, Wesley!

I started off with ubuntu.

That's it. Never had any issues. Never had any problems.

Then again I never fucked around with it, just set up a somewhat default ui, basic software, and let it be. Over the 3 years I've had it it's been running just as smooth as a fresh install.

Apparently, you don't realize you can roll back package versions. You aren't much of a reader,are you?

Wait tell me more about this, is it on a local cache? Because like I said it destroyed my WiFi and back then I didn't have access for a couple of weeks to Ethernet

I don't have those, and I still don't fucking get it. The girls are cute and great for reaction images and hentai is hot, but 99.999% of anime is mediocre garbage nonsense.

>I didn't have access for a couple of weeks to Ethernet
And this is Linux's fault? Regardless:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman

Yet Microsoft deems fit to copy all this retardation:
>install W10
>set things up just right
>surprise update out of fukken nowhere
>settings reset
>set things back up
>yet another update
>repeat ad nausea
That or VS2017, now you can install it without basic libraries and have an IDE that doesn't compile and build just like a real freetard.