>He use Whatsapp & Wechat

Other urls found in this thread:

openrightsgroup.org/blog/2015/responding-to-nothing-to-hide-nothing-to-fear
wire.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Breaking news the water is wet

It's not like they were hiding it anyway.

Except Whatsapp doesn't :^)))

whatsapp != wechat

You can't be this delusional, are you?

What the fuck is the chinese government going to do with my data?

I hate to be that guy because all spying is wrong and should be fought, but isn't it less dangerous for China to have your information than a Five Eyes country that would share it with your own government? I don't really care what China thinks of me. I would be deeply concerned what my own government thinks of me, if they began to act in an undemocratic way.

Nithing to hide nothing to fear. A five eyes country can more easily protect you, a citizen of a five eyes country, if they have access your data.

>Nothing to hide nothing to fear
Maybe you should do even a basic search on your argument to learn how many dozens of ways it's been debunked.

Isn't WhatsApp Facebook? So the NSA here is data not China.

>trusting chinks

Why you would ever trust anything chinese software is amazing.

>dozens of ways it's been debunked
List 10 right this instant

No I don't I use Line.

(You)

How secure is iMessage? It’s end-to-end encrypted and Apple never gets your private keys. Besides (optional) backups on iCloud, is there any glaring flaw in the design?

>tencent

>work for Chinese owned company
>use WeChat for work
who cares what they share

This makes me want to try wechat out so the chinks can watch me seduce their women.

>Use any normal western messaging app
>My data will be collected and shared amongst all five eyes countries

>Use WhatsApp or WeChat
>The Chinese government gets some of my info, which they can use to... uh... to...

openrightsgroup.org/blog/2015/responding-to-nothing-to-hide-nothing-to-fear
Don't ask me to spoonfeed it to you now.

Any of the things tour afraid of the five eyes nation governments doing, plus shit that's illegal because you can't sue them like you can sue your own government?

>install WeChat on Android phone
>Google sends your personal info to clapistani gov't
>Tencent sends your personal info to chinese gov't
You can't use a smartphone today without having eyes on anything you do.

Didn’t Apple refuse to help the FBI? Seems like as long as you don’t use iCloud you’re set.

Yes, they refuse to backdoor their encryption system, and they design the phones so that remote decryption isn't easy. Still, they comply with court orders just like every other company.

>having friends to talk to
Normies out

I'm not in China's jurisdiction so wtf can they do?

>barely lists five
terrible job there retard

>the water is wet
Water just _makes_ things wet; it isn't wet, dipshit, it is a liquid.

Learned today that Chinese pretty much use Wechat for everything in their life, and in addition I see this:
Do they really not care at all about their own privacy? I wonder if there is any effort not to use Wechat even if it's small like de-Googling.

I wonder if there is people this retarded

>Whatsapp & Wechat
who the fuck uses this shit? i hear about it all the time but what's the point of it?

sina masterrace

>Nithing to hide nothing to fear.

As a European I'm more comfortable with Russia and China having my data than the US and Israel having it.

At least the Russians and Chinese are not pushing white genocide.

Why not Wire?

wire.com/

>full end-to-end encryption
>open source
>independently audited
>Swiss-based
>no profiling or data gathering

I live in China. I absolutely need WeChat to function.

No WeChat = no pussy

companies like to use it as an employee and manager forum because it's easy, free, etc

I don't know anyone who uses whatsapp for actual texting with their friends tho

So does WhatsApp have any obvious vulnerability or privacy invasion or not?

botnet

asian things

...or maybe who said it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they collaborated to catch terrorists using both apps.

So... It's dry then.

>app x is similar to app y
>app x is a botnet
>therefore app y is also a botnet
you have the critical thinking skills of a 10 year old user congratulations

All liquids are wet you autismo.

why would anybody use anything other then just email.

Dry as in free from being wet. I hope this has helped you in some way.

Wet with what, moran? Wet is a state of being caused by an outside force.

Like I said, unless you extentsively plan a bombing using either apps the govt can't do much anyway, there are reports how these laws often flood govt beauracracy with too much data to effectively sift through

Aka the NSA has to sift through timmy's entire dragon dildo collection before looking at the message that might hint at a terrorist act being committed

i am planning on making a cake

is this a good app to do this y/n

Wet with themselves else how could they spread wetness without containing such propiety?
>fire is not hot because hotness is just a state cause by outside forces

hy

china runs facebook too

lol

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.Dec 30, 2016

this, the chinks can do whatever they want to my data. I dont like it, but i dont care that much. They cant really touch me as long as i dont go to their country.

They refused to directly help the FBI because it'd be borderline company suicide, I wouldn't be surprised if they helped them on the dl though. Even then it's a moot point because the encryption can be pretty easily cracked by the NSA anyway.

For Sup Forums, everything is a botnet.

That's why Cryptoniggers are moving to Telegram

fuzzy lumpkins :3

I lurv Telegram

A-are fish wet?

>neo-Sup Forums+/sci/

No one knows what it does since it's proprietary, if claims to be E2E encrypted but no one knows if it actually is.

I use Wire. Pretty good messenger. The audio chat sometimes acts weird, though. If I'm logged into computer and someone calls, I usually answer on my phone. But then the computer will keep ringing. Other times, I'll try picking up on the phone, but it won't connect me.

Still, these issues can be ironed out in time. Wire is my preferred method of communication.

Telegram's encryption is weak, and the service is filled with Pajeets and Muslims. Pass.

What does Whatsapp say about image/video/audio encryption? What do they say about statuses?
I personally believe their messages are encrypted but they do all kinds of nasty shit in the background.
I hate using it, but I have to because normies.

I convinced all my friends to switch to Wire. Didn't take much convincing, seeing that WhatsApp looks like shit.

If I lived in a country of one billion people I'd absolutely want as many of them under surveillance as possible.

I deleted Whatsapp once.
Nobody wanted to use "some random untrusty shit".
I contacted only with my friend via e-mail.
I didn't lose anything much though because people need me and I don't need people.

My friends know enough about me to know that I know my shit regarding privacy. Not all of them take privacy as seriously as I do, but they also know that I'm not willing to use something I don't trust, so they either "make an exception," for me, or they just switch. With Wire, once people actually saw how pretty it looked on their phones, that was that.

WeChat is comfy if you use it in China
I used to pay my groceries and breakfast with it
t. Zhang

You're lucky fella. In my area nobody listens to experts and listens to pressure of society.
I hope Facebook pulls some ultimate Jew and screws everyone over.

I'm pretty picky about my friends. I don't keep the unintelligent around, so the only time I'm willing to make a sacrifice is when I'm paid to do so. If my boss wants to use text, fine. He had an iPhone, so I picked up an SE, and iMessage is secure enough. I mean, yeah, the government is gonna see that I took overtime, but it's not like anyone else is gonna know, like some jackass who managed to get his hands on a Stingray is gonna know about it.

Unless you're living in Africa, there is no way of escaping government spying. This is a fact of life.
The real decision you should be taking is what kind of information you want a particular government to disregard.

If you are involved in far-right activism, racism, anti-immigration, anti-semitism, anti-islam etc. do not use European apps. Use Chinese apps instead because they don't give a fuck about that.

If you access sensitive information regarding government corruption, Tibet, muh freedoms etc. Stay away from Chinese and Russian apps and opt for American apps instead.

Involved with drugs, alcohol, money laundering? Use European apps, stay away from everything else.

CP? Kill yourself, there's no safe haven for you lol.

>Unless you're living in Africa, there is no way of escaping government spying
Of course not. The key is to use misdirection. You have mundane shit, like banking info, go to one place, then you use another place for personal contacts, like friends and family. Then you have a third one for kinda-shady stuff that the federal government wouldn't give a shit about, and then you have another one for anything that they WOULD care about. You use encryption for all of it, and associate your name with none of it, beyond the banking and personal stuff. That way, even if they find the kinda-shady shit, they think they've found everything there is to find.

Misdirection leads to the "rope a dope," and eventually Big Brother just thinks you aren't worth the trouble.

Why doesn't people use fucking SMS to chat in your fucking country?

SMS is like the least private way to chat. You may as well just hand a stranger a speaker playing your message at 100 decibels and ask them to get it to whomever you're wanting it sent to, or to at least get it as close as possible, and then hand it off to someone else. Because it's like that, only it's faster, yet easier to remember, because its plaintext, instead of audio.

This. As an individual, you are less interested in a foreign government getting your data than your own government

Depends on the foreign government, and how they cooperate with your own.

Chink botnet best botnet desu
I'm on the other side of the world and they have a shit relationship with my country

Shit man like they have no power in China

They are everywhere.

Because this isn't 2007

>tfw you use telegram but you have to use google hangouts to standard texting to communicate with most people because they don't know what telegram is

Make sure you are not Chinese and into democracy

Your stupid and mistaking it with Telegram. Whatsapp uses the same encryption as Signal (open-source, non-proprietary).

>Whatsapp & Wechat
>Whatsapp & Wechat
>Whatsapp & Wechat
kys op, article is about wechat only
whatsapp is used just as an example of a messaging app for people not knowing what wechat is