Canonical and Microsoft team up to make a custom Linux kernel

neowin.net/news/canonical--microsoft-make-azure-tailored-linux-kernel

Relevant: a slide from internal Microsoft documents from Comes vs Microsoft in 2000.. which is an interesting look into Microsoft's "marketing" tactics. (boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf).

I've always thought of Canonical as the Micro$haft of Linux, but this solidifies it even further. In fact, I won't be surprised when Microsoft merges Canonical into itself. Microsoft is even a part of the Linux Foundation (linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/)

It might seem like Micro$haft really

Microsoft will buy out canonical

Embrace, extend...extinguish

Red Hat and Canonical are cancer and may very well end up destroying Linux

botnet

> he wants a Debian based distro
> doesn't just use Debian or be a kewl hackerman and use Kali
Why should I care? Canonical is already a literal botnet. I just installed Mint cuz I didn't care about that machine being tracked

Good for Canonical, they finally realized desktop Linux is a joke.
Thanks Red Hat and Stallman you fat commie fuck.

I don't see the problem? Linux is licensed under GPL and anyone is free to fork it and make their own custom version as long as they release the source code and keep the licensing.

the Microsoft of the future will turn into the IBM of today, It cannot be restrained by the windows kernal

If you could spout Micro$haft just a few more times it would make your rant even more tin foil.

They are dying and they pick up Linux hill to die on. How ironic.

>Canonical and Microsoft team up to make a custom Linux kern
spawn of satan incoming

microsoft will be the first company to go over $1 trillion net worth and you can't do anything about it

Sounds similar to the "India is going to be a superpower in 2030" meme, pajeet.

EEE

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish

That would be the worst possible outcome... and doesn't seem that unrealistic

They are coming to Linux!
They are coming FOR LINUX!

That's a shame, microsoft should work on UI and making linux not shit from the user standpoint

Eh, it's simply to make Ubuntu run better in Azure by removing shit that will never be needed in that environment. Ubuntu 16's kernel in AWS has been that way for some time.

>muh azure
Hopefully they got their shekels for it as azure is made for subhuman trash wo can't setup a server and still want one with shitty specs for huge price

I heard this meme. They expected money from linkedin, while won't fix the original problems. Fucking idiots.

>Embrace, Extend, Extinguish
A special image for microshit vps will destroy canonical. Yeah, sure.

>microsoft work on UI
>making not shit

pick one

[√] Embrace
[√] Extend
[soon™] Extinguish