ITT: Old Sup Forums related advertisements and what not

ITT: Old Sup Forums related advertisements and what not

Other urls found in this thread:

alexvaranese.com/work/alt1977
youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Apple

I remember seeing this ad in PC Gamer back in the day.

same

RGB mother fuckers none of that composhit crap

IT`S YOUR MOVE

honestly one of the most accurate "computers in the future" things I've ever seen.

Those "ad" are art pieces made in the 2010s.

>sound like nothing you've ever heard before
Yeah, even 8-tracks and Vinyl were better mediums for analog audio.

Wow

oh rip me

>Number of keys: 59
I see that Apple was always the same sort of shitter asshole, at least latently.

didn't see

>Intel and Nvidia will literally do this to you in [Current Year]

Ok, I would legit buy that.

Sigh... I miss using my Matrox Mystique 220. I still have it along with a Rainbow Runner daughter card. Just need to cobble together a fast Win98SE retro machine for it.

Motherfucker I had a Toshiba satellite back in the day. My grandpa gave me his, was running W95. Worked pretty okay overall

Delete this I have a latex fetish

I love this

I would photoshop tommy wisau's face on her but im laying in bed on my laptop

That kid on the left, jesus christ

I named my laptop after this

I'm almost mad I ever invested in the original Radeon. Still have it, SDR 32MB PCI card. I also have a pair of PCI Radeon 7000's (formerly the Radeon VE). I bought 'em 'cause around my way a PCI Geforce 2MX was more expensive.

Wasn't the Radeon better, though?
Or maybe there was some kinda trade-off where the GF 2MX was better in some cases.

what went wrong, lads?

computing became inexpensive and the culture washed out with normies and weebs

(((Advertising research))) figured out how to mess with people subconsciously, so ads like these were abandoned for more profitable kikery.

>weebs
>not integral to 80s and 90s nerd culture
There was an entire newsgroup just for anime fanfiction: rec.arts.anime.creative

Nah, the Geforce 2MX spanks up the 7000/VE. Depending on the resolution and game it also beats out the Radeon 7200/SDR. The one advantage it had over actual GPU's of the day was it was dual head for cheap. Just remembered, I still have one of my old Geforce2MX cards and it's a fairly uncommon 64MB variant.

What about for OpenGL performance?
I was a macfag at the time.

Oh my God, no wonder Millennials are such faggots.

OpenGL on the Geforce2MX was/is far better than the Radeon 7000 and 7200. The 7200 SDR could be better depending on the resolution and color depth but not by much. Quake III Arena at 1024x768x32 had the Radeon SDR/7200 a few fps faster, but at 16bit the Geforce2MX was just waaay faster.

Pic related, dug up an old Anandtech article on the cards.

>accepting 16-bit color
>in the 21st-century
O-oh, I see then.

16 bit was still a thing in 2000/2001.

Found it... I posted this pic of part of my collection of cards back in 2015. Pictured are the two Radeon 7000's, and the 64MB Geforce 2MX. The Radeon SDR (7200) was in my Optiplex GX200 at the time.

I used to have a casette rack 20 years ago or so. Seems pretty silly now. But hey, at least I didn't buy a mahogany CD shelf.

I have one like number 5 from the late 1980's. Its still got my cassettes from that time in it. It was only last week that I finally got sick of looking at it, so I dusted it and put it away in a cupboard.
>I really should have thrown it out

Still running strong.

>not being able to photoshop on a laptop

ur not doing it right, keed

Anime is where the autism that made the web good lies.

That bricktop would drop out of that pussy fingertip grip

I guess Apple would hate this ad today.

As a woman I'm glad we've moved so far away from this old advertising technique of "lady butt + tech". Ugh.

We should have used lady boob instead.

haha I fully agree mi'lady. As a male feminist I'm glad to see more woman in tech focused advertisments becasue well all know woman just do everything better. I think we should get together and discuss more meninist issues, say over koffee? XDDD

As a man, I'm not

What if she farted during that photoshoot would the people get made if the smelled it or?

You'd walk down the road and someone'd just pluck it out of your pocket.

girls don't fart

What a lot of these ads fail to convey is how dominant Commodore was. Apple and Tandy were rounding errors in comparison. If you told me in 1985, when the c64 was really coming into stride and the Amiga imminent, that Commodore would be out of business within ten years, I would have laughed at you.

We had one of those.

Now it's illegal to own them.

44 MILLION WINMARKS

what's the matter? too rad for you?

>objectifying women somehow affects women as a whole
lol

That's not a woman though

bump bump bump buuump

>rip-off
toppest kek

I wish apple still cared about professionals.

Apple is now entirely run by marketing people and it's increasingly showing. Nota bene the unwieldy notch on the new iPhone X and the new app guidelines which require developers to bend over backwards to accentuate the notch so that the phone has a distinctive feature.
What's ironic is Jobs knew why this happens to companies youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

No niggers, where did the good times go?

Heh i forgot about that bit from the interview. How very ironic.

What?

nostalgia'd so hard. Why does Apple suck now? It seems that they're cannibalizing what made them great, their core hacker ethos.