Still using CCleaner

>still using CCleaner
>still using windows
wired.com/story/ccleaner-malware-targeted-tech-firms/

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/ccleaner-malware-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-it-first-appeared/
piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
archive.is/DhAj1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pastebin that shit, nigguh

>still using windows
lol no.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/ccleaner-malware-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-it-first-appeared/

>andrew greenberg
ALLAHU AKBAR

Don't companies keep a log of alterations done to a product's code on a regular basis? I assume it would be very easy to spot the employee who inserted the malicious line into CCleaner.
A cheap restaurant can keep track of who opened the cashier when, please tell me a security company would have the ability to keep track of something this basic.

>wired.com
>arsshittica.com
kys you dumb retards for pasting direct links to these CANCEROUS websites that push fake news.

it wasn't an employee

what links should I post?

Oh ok from what I read I thought it was someone inside the company that changed the code.

I would use linux if it had any video games

where did you get that impression?

Faget

This is the chink stuxnet. They're going to sabotage intel's and samsung's foundries in retaliation for the Xeon embargo.

piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
>An unauthorized modification of the CCleaner.exe binary resulted in an insertion of a two-stage backdoor capable of running code received from a remote IP address on affected systems.

When I read that I just assumed someone changed the code without authorization.

>Unauthorized
Aka someone from outside

>Wired
No.

the same news in on tons of different sites. What site should I have posted?

Could mean he didn't have permission to do it. Unauthorised doesn't necessarily mean someone from outside. Not everyone within a company is authorised to do anything.

Post whichever you got first, Sup Forums will fight about anything.

PASTEBIN YOU FUCKING USELESS FAGGOT

so I should copy the article and post it to pastebin? lmao what the fuck?

Yes, or copy paste the relevant information into posts here, try to show at least some modicum of courtesy

>32 bit
>2017
Nice FUD.

>newfags who don't know anything about archive.is

what? why? are you this fucking paranoid about going to a site?

This is plagiarism. Wired owns the content, they deserve the credit, and the control of its distribution.

because you're all too autistic to archive it yourselves
archive.is/DhAj1

its about not want wanting to give them clicks and pageviews

you really think you make any difference?

lurk more

Moving past this, lazy at best, "the ends justify the means" mentality, why would one even want to do this? Does it host malicious ads? Provided one is interested in this particular article, why not reward it with a click? You want more good articles, after all.

Lurk more you fucking newfag

the russians and the chinese are getting frighteningly good at this

archived: archive.is/DhAj1

While I can get behind the anti-Windows sentiment, it's pretty impossible for a medium-sized or larger company to completely ban Windows, inside and outside its network (an employee may read their e-mail on a Windows PC at home and it's still a security risk).

It's okay to be part of botnet if it's against corps.

Soo is this update pop-up legit or what the fuck?

Just downgrade to v5.32 and keep it forever. That was the last good version before Avast acquired Piriform.

It's legit, but you're better off downloading the installer off the website

How about I reward my dick into your newfag ass, how about that lol

>32 bit
what?