Is this a meme?

Is this a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer/#/load/h7tn1mts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks comfy desu. Too bad my brain has been hardwired for qwerty.

I've been using Dvorak for 6 years desu. Much more comfy and fast than qwerty. Requires minimal effort to change the layout on new/public computers.

Ive been using it for a while, and the process of switching to it is hell, but it is worth it in the end

I've been using QWERTY since forever. I'm happy to learn Dvorak for myself, but I'm worried about what happens if I need to use another device temporarily. I don't want to look like a moron by going back to hunt-and-peck.

Is it easy to switch between Dvorak and QWERTY if you've been using the former all the time?

Yes. Stay away unless extremely autistic.

>not using programmer's dvorak

You need to relearn QWERTY after you've mastered DVORAK. Also you'll be suffering from a massive headache learning to type in DVORAK but it's worth it in the end since it all goes into muscle-memory.

Pretty much. All carefuly set shortcuts on your favourite software will be useless - you will havento rebind them, same goes for vidia games.

why do people bitch about the 'L' placement?

autism speaks and it's time to listen

whats the name of the app?

How'd you get DVORAK on phone???

>not using google swype keyboard for everything
sometimes i try to swype my computer keyboard. it's fucking bomb

Both QWERTY and AZERTY have reasonably pronounceable names based on their letter positions. Dvorak is named after some dude, and that sucks, so I've taken to calling it (in my head) as AOEUI.

It sounds even better when you read it in the voice from Moonbase Alpha.

Colemak is the better option for people used to QWERTY (which is everyone)

it works well for me.

>Colemak is the better option for people used to QWERTY (which is everyone)
Wrong, it's Programmer's DVORAK (for programming)
patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer/#/load/h7tn1mts

don't you see the giant google logo on the left?

gboard
it's in the settings
i use swipe on gboard what's the diff ?

Honestly, isn't it better to type in QWERTY on the phone? It's not like you're using all ten of your fingers when you're typing using that layout...

>Not being ABCDEF master race

I use colemak on PC but think dvorak would be better on the phone because it has much better alternate-hand (finger) usage than colemak

Swype is such fucking garbage, I've never been able to figure it out.

As said, autism speaks.

I used to use colemak but yes it was embarrasing to sit at someone else's computer and not know how to type anymore. qwerty is not so bad.

I fucking love swipe. I can type fast as shit with one finger.

I'm using colemak, but I had to do a few training courses for work and felt like a retard not knowing how to touchtype qwerty anymore. I'm still on colemak because I can't be bothered with the typing speed drop while I re-learn qwerty but unless you never use anyone else's computer I wouldn't recommend learning an alternative layout

how are you using DVORAK with gboard? I cant find it in the settings

been using it for 10 years, switched from querty in the space of 2 weeks when i was 17.

ama

I'd try an alternative layout if I could use it on my phone too. Having to go back and forth between something like Colemak or Dvorak and QWERTY sounds annoying.

qwerty makes sense on the phone because you need common letters to be spaced decently apart

t. dvorak was designed for traditional keyboards, not micro-keyboards like on a phone

Keyboards? Yes. Posted from my Android smartphone with Google Advanced Speech Recognition(tm).