What is like to live in deep south USA?

what is like to live in deep south USA?
it seems like the only place in america with enqueue culture and identity

Inb4 Dixiecuck damage control

Thankfully I've never lived there, but I have a friend who does and it sounds horrible
>racism and bigotry
>ignorance, people have no interest in leaving their hometown, let alone traveling to another country
>poverty, some towns are literally 3rd world tier
>complete reliance on cars, little to no public transportation
>no job opportunities except for in a couple cities like Atlanta
>they eat soul """food""" and wonder why they end up weighing 140kg
>excessively religious, they despise non-religious people
>in smaller towns people are highly uneducated and probably couldn't even find the US on a world map

dem white trash tits

Being retarded is not a form of culture

Hell on earth. We deserve to be nuked.

I live in a suburb 20 minutes outside of Dallas. There's little to no crime everyone is pretty chill. Get to eat dank food and enjoy craft beer.

wow

has the US government ever made an attempt to bring these people to the cities and civilize them?

it seems like your government uses the money just to keep them there living a livable, meaningless life

>
that ain't the deep south boyo

its terrible, there is niggers everywhere and most of the white people here are retarded as well. Plowing your cousins is pretty cool though.

nice spellcheck, you probably wrote "euneaque" or some shit

'unique'

no you silly faggot
its called freedom
we don't have a mommy state checking up on us if we don't want them to
High school is free, if you get over 3.0 GPA (B) you can get a scholarship to a state university. Those people are poor because they made poor life choices, it's not the role of government to go rescue people who dont give a fuck about improving themselves.

Trashy, sad and kind of beautiful in a twisted way

No. Funnily enough a large amount of people there are on welfare and so yeah, basically the government gives them money to stay there and live life. Intellectuals will just move to big cities since there's nothing for them in the deep south.

a friend of mine (who lives in New york) told me that ''its the balkans of USA that we are too ashamed to talk about''

tnx

>subhuman catholic and jewish yankees
>thinking they know anything about the south

As a New Yorker, this seems pretty accurate. We like to pretend that part of the country doesn't really exist.

Depends on what part of the South you're in, OP.

Southeast and Mid-Atlantic (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia, respectively) is horrendous for the most part (I lived in Florida for a time). Crime is high, housing and food prices are exorbitant - I was paying nearly $4 a gallon for plain old store-brand milk in 2012 - schools are terrible, lots of drug and alcohol problems. There is a huge disparity between the wealthy (typically snobbish upper-class old-money whites whose families have lived there for generations) and the poor (black and Latino populations, but also a huge number of whites whose families were/are poor farmers). Of course, there are massive racial tensions in many parts.

The further west you go, the better things get, as a general rule. Texans are very independent and have probably the most pride in their state in the entire country, seeing that they used to be their own republic apart from the US. Texans and Oklahomans are, I think, much friendlier people for the most part. Still lots of guns and people who get a little crazy with them, like in the Southeast, but Texas and other Southwestern states didn't suffer the same way the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic did post-Civil War, Reconstruction and Great Depression. Roads and infrastructure are nice, usually, schools are better, people seem less divided in some ways.

OP's pic is pretty much Florida and Georgia

>This

Texas doesn't really have the same sense of "Dixie Pride" that former confederate states have. Texan pride is more of a nationalistic pride rather than state pride. The massive amount of goods traded between the border brings in vast amounts of money which is why Texas has some of the nicest infrastructure in the South.

Agreed. Texas is one of the few decent southern states.

I'm from there, on vacation
Most of it is really nice and you're mostly right, but you're not going to get any real answers, just insanely assravaged people spraying diarrhea at each other about the Civil War.

It's fine
Hot as fuck though

Dixie pride IS nationalistic. ""state pride"" is usually just yankeespeak for sports rivalries or "muh regional fast food chain is better than your regional fast food chain" and other such garbage.

>housing and food prices are exorbitant - I was paying nearly $4 a gallon for plain old store-brand milk in 2012
Nothing down here is expensive except apartments in Atlanta, and even those are way cheaper than anything you can find out in big cities in cali or the northeast. The only way you could have found expensive as shit food is shopping at hipster stores.

>crime is high
this is true, but our cities are really no worse from any northern city as far as this goes.

The freedom to remain a shithole
Yeah, we use this excuse too

>$4 gallon of milk
Were you shopping at Trader Joe's or something?

I bet you eat gluten free bread.

It all depends. I was in Virginia for a while and many of the towns in the Shenandoah valley were really nice. The big problem was solid employment as many of the classic blue collar jobs that you could get right out of high school are long gone.

>housing and food prices are exorbitant

Are you high?

He might be from Florida.

I always figured that Florida was rather affordable provided you stay out of Dade county

This shit is getting ridiculous.

So much bullshit in a single post. I bet you think California and New York are fucking paradises.

>it seems like the only place in america with enqueue culture and identity
Because it is.

Please. New York has plenty of shitholes which easily equal the worst down south.

No not really. The only thing comparable is Buffalo and even that has shown signs of improvement.

Plus the education and healthcare availability is far better than what you'd find down south.

Differences are too often overstated, take it from one who's lived and was schooled in both the North and rural South. The real point of contrast runs from city-goers to country folk.

lol

ITT: poor ol' ignorant shitskins.

Pic related, my 2nd home located in Georgia.

Cry hard, I've achieved more in the "horrible deep south" by the age of 23 than any you ever will in your entire lifetimes.

Congrats on purchasing a rotten wooden plantation house in the middle of nowhere in a humid nigger-infested state.
What an """achievement""".

Jokes aside that's actually what happened in the 20th century. The deep south was near-unlivable due to the heat, humidity and lack of quality roads. The emergence of public highways brought a massive modernization, as well as the invention of air conditioning. The population and investment in the south started soaring after the invention and purchase of air conditioning and new highways

My civics prof was from rural Georgia and brought this up

The deep south is a still a lot poorer, fatter than the national average, by a lot.

Haa haaa ha! Yes, cry ***VERY*** hard... just like that!

Pic related, one of my neighbors houses you wish you could live in.

Obesity

The anomalous dark chunks in the west are Native American reservations (you can compare it with a map of them, the fat spikes overlap). The south takes fat to another level. Their cuisine is basically the most fattening on earth, with frying and animal fats everywhere

>I'll take "What are niggers for $500, Alex."
I'll say it again: poor ol' ignorant shitskins. lmao

NY nu-male spotted.

The south is the only place in America with a cultural identity.

>tfw fried chicken biscuit sandwich every day for breakfast

Umad?

On par with Sup Forums's political views but it's full of degenerate niggers and rednecks.

High murder rate, even by the US's already super high rate

Why are you such a meme spouting cuck

>murder rate correlates with the shitskin population
I wonder what could have caused this

Remain ignorant

Remain cucked

Yeah, I'm sure you've never heard of the Delta blues. Or Elvis. Or Coca-Cola.

lol, you stupid faggot.

So south-east is trash?

Try visiting Oregon, California, Wisconsin, DC, etc.

Thanks for proving the point that southerners stay in their shitholes and are ignorant as fuck though.

All regions are trash, the South is just poor and full of niggers

More like shit holes like Arkansas and Mississippi, it represents everything wrong with America unless you love the politics and gun laws

Southeast is OK, but those states worth living or visiting have higher crime rates in general than other states. If you have a gun, you should be fine in general, though

>culture
>coca-cola

>Oregon, California, Wisconsin, and DC
Confirmed for cuck

Stay mad faggot

>California
>DC

But why

>Arkansas
Fuck off, we're not that bad

Louisiana is worse than we are

They may not be nice places but they definitely have their own culture.

Thanks for the (You)

Was going to say Louisiana but the Nawlins fags would argue against their culture being unique.

But yes, Louisiana is possibly the worst state I've visited in general. I like Kentucky for Southern states.

Oh yeah. Like Rochester, Niagra Falls, and Albany, just to name a few are slices of paradise. And lets not mention the infamous spots on NYC.

Kentucky is cool
I like the blend of Southern and Appalachian culture they have

Kentucky is pretty chill desu. I prefer to consider it the 'nice south'

>Niagara Falls
>crap

Who even lives there? It's possibly one of my favorite places to visit, just don't go to the Canadian side.

I can't speak for the rest of the south but this pretty much sums up florida

Well I only prefer Southern California (areas where it's not 25% Hispanic and above) and I don't feel safe in DC.

What the fuck is this Publix meme

Very few places are as bad as that pic, but each region does have an amount of shared cultures.

>olive oil
>culture

>tfw not a baby-making redneck

a way of life

its not a meme, Publix is GOAT

Yeah the Appalachians are probably more friendlier people and probably more hospitable. Can't say the same towards the Deep South.

Was also going to say West Virginia but no one really cares. I actually consider KY and WV Midwest. South for me really begins past TN and NC

>No niggers
>No gators
>No rednecks
>No Canadian assholes
Have you ever been to Florida?

Publix has a monopoly in the supermarkets all over Florida.

>tfw will be a baby making redneck soon
Feels great

>HURR DURRH DUH SOUTH AIN'T GOTS NO CULTURE
>*examples of southern culture are promptly provided*
>HURR DURR DEEZ OFDER PLACES GOTS CULTURE
Nice rebuttal, retard.
>one of the most iconic products on the face of the earth
>distinctly American
>not a distinct part of "Americana"
Fucking "intellectual" spaghetti niggers, yeesh.

Publix sux

brother I live in Sarasota, I think I'm more qualified than anyone to speak about niggers, gators, rednecks, and especially asshole canadians

they all have one thing in common, they all shop at publix

Come on that's not that bad.
also really i ask myself where OP could find that kind of strange pictures.

I never said the South has no culture, but I was rejecting the notion that the South is the only place with a distinct cultural identity. Also Elvis and coca-cola would not be the first things I would point to as examples of great culture kek.

Nice reading comprehension though, you from Alabama?

>poverty
>weighing 140kg

I don't know what means poverty lol

>ywn be cucked
>ywn raise another man's children
>ywn have no idea that your wife is unfaithful
Being a breeder is great desu

>I was rejecting the notion that the South is the only place with a distinct cultural identity.
Really?

Ever seen an **ASSBLASTED*** thread dedicated to Oregon, California, Wisconsin, or DC on Sup Forums?

No? Didn't think so.

Checkmate, atheist.

Actually, yes. Don't you ever check the Cascadia threads?

Who's more fuckable, your sister or your cousin?

But all of the threads dedicated to these areas get shat on by the same rednecks who never leave their trailer parks so why even bother?

t. Kentuckian

Taking the piss =/= assblasted you fucking mongoloid

>tfw too poor to be a breeder

Anyone live in Altoona PA?

You'll make it user
Just bee leave in urself

>it's another episode of Cletus actually thinking he's the hero MAL needs

Southerner here, people like you are why people hate us.

Cute southern girls with accents are nice tho

Well you seem to be the expert on being assblasted so I'll take your word for it I guess although I'm still right and you're still a southerner so whatever.

That was a really weak post if I'm being t.bh fampai

I would like to read a serious discussion between Americans about the South, but this threads always fill with Sup Forumstards