The next version of Windows and OS X will be written in Javascript. Prove me wrong

The next version of Windows and OS X will be written in Javascript. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
a.pomf.cat/jqovkw.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10 is the final version of windows.

they didn't make TypeScript for nothing

We can only hope

Microsoft spent five years trying to replace Windows with an OS written in a GC'd language. They failed so hard they had to revert the source tree back to XP and start from scratch. That's why Vista took so long to release.

No you're right

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript

I'm blocked by this guy. I barely even tweet, wtf did I even do. I don't even tweet about anything controversial.

Is that the creator of javascript?

No, the creator of Javascript is now leading the Brave browser project.

That's not what happened at all, Vista was NT based the whole way through. The development reset was because of other issues. MS did experiment with a C# kernel but they never formalised any sort of plan to replace NT with it.

I guess I'm a few days behind on that tweet, but...
Man, I just read that string of twitter messages... for bashing people for not understanding "simple math" this dude seems to drastically misunderstand that the vast majority of programmers in the states who are advancing the field are white men. Maybe the way to have the highest quality talks isn't affirmative action.
Sorry but my white-male culture doesn't factor into my work. At least in terms of the technical stuff.... Granted I barely think js is worth talking about, so in that field maybe being gay, or black changes how the language interprets type or something. Seems like something js would do. Maybe js has all these cultural specific issues that white people can't see.

>taking that cuck seriously

Tip: don't let that kind of cucks take any sort of brain processing power from you trying to understand or process their spewed estrogen-fueled shit.

A light chuckle is enough.

Just nope.

Creator npm begin mental retarder leftpad issue was retarder as fuck.

That's fair. I literally don't even know who it is, so at least I have that going for me.

That's the price to pay for such a popular language on a "trendy" development area, it constantly attracts this kind of people. JS has actually made significant progress since 2015.

No, the creator of Javascript hates faggots, but shh.

Yeah, hopefully they flee to some new meme like Crystal or Go and take their faggotry with them.

What am I reading? What do "white dudes" have to do with javascript?

You're thinking of Singularity, which was a separate project to Longhorn and was developed independently from Windows. They played around with the concept of eventually transitioning Windows to a managed kernel (Midori) but it never went anywhere beyond that and the idea was scrapped entirely a couple of years ago.

Vista took so long because Longhorn promised a lot of cool/ambitious features like WinFS but ended up being plagued with development issues, it was just a broken mess that was becoming expensive and progress slow. So in late 2004 they decided to scrap their current work altogether and start again from scratch using the Server 2003 code base, which eventually became the final version of Vista.

YOU'RE A WHITE FUCKING MALE

He wants the PoC pussy.

The dotnet experiments done with longhorn were pre-singulartity, although singularity may share linage with it (unsure).

a.pomf.cat/jqovkw.webm
>there is a great majority of white people which is one of the biggest issues, and we would really like to change that in the months to come

everyone knows that guy is an actual retard

Why not just call it FormValidationScript?

>a C# kernel

Vista took so long because they had to halt development to fix XP which was an utter broken mess, security wise. After XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003, they realized that Vista was getting nowhere due to feature creep, so they reset development and restarted using Server 2003 as a base now.

god this is so cringy, hope the "hackerspace" gets gassed

The codebases in Windows and Mac OS X are too large to rewrite in any other language. Moreover, JavaScript is an inappropriate language for writing kernel level code in, as it does not have language semantics for writing to arbitrary memory addresses, nor does it have the ability to store a 64-bit pointer in the first place. At best it could be used to script the existing C API for some drivers (like FreeBSD is doing with Lua), but this would still be a terrible idea. Unlike Lua, JavaScript cannot store proper integer types, and if you disable floating point operations (as is common in some kernels for performance reasons), you lose the ability to do math because the only numeric type in JavaScript is a double precision float. Beyond this, JavaScript uses a garbage collector, which if implemented in the kernel would cause kernel mode memory management to be non-deterministic. Given Windows' use in some embedded areas (it's particularly popular on the power grid, strangely enough), this would cause issues, as these areas have real time requirements that are completely unable to tolerate non-determinism.

you can write unmanaged code in c# if you want performance/ no GC shenanigans.. you can also compile to native now too

>If you are not a white dude

What's he mean by this? Who is he?

Goddamn, it really makes me fucking hate tech when I see people like this.

wtf I love JavaScript now

still requires a runtime afaik

>Who is he?

An extremely brainwashed, deluded cuck that makes public statements of self-hatred and antiwhite racism in vain hopes of getting his dick wet on some third-hand, cumfilled, morbidly-obese feminist.

creator Brandon Eich doesn't hate anyone.

Can't wait for all the white SJW cucks to be replaced by Pajeet and Zhang.

Why the fuck hasn't he been destroyed by Sup Forumstards? This shit wouldn't have been acceptable a few years ago.

I want to see his tweets. Post link, please

omfg, it's the npm CEO?! How? I use his fucking tool, and now I'm absolutely pissed.

underrated post

well yeah when he looks the way he does i don't think you would expect him to hate on anybody

turbo sjw's like this faggot use a "block bot" that blocks people based on who they follow.