World's faster chip on a smartphone is slower than next year's

World's faster chip on a smartphone is slower than next year's.
All these results on synthetic benchmarks fall short in real life usage.
Applels eternally BTFO, muh optimization.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_00J9Tzs-8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/waUnxJVKNOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>both android and ios have been advancing for years
>users of both platforms seem satisfied
>speed, screen quality, camera quality, build quality, and so on are basically amazing on both platforms and neither seems to excel
>people still want to argue about phone operating systems online
>have to resort to cpu speeds with retarded use cases like this where someone times themselves opening 80 applications to see who wins
>implying any normal human who is jut opening a browser and twitter will notice

Everyone die.

Remember when Sup Forums's userbase was just people acting silly and having fun with it?
And now we have all these autists here that mistakenly think they're in good company.

I wish we could go back to those old times.

iPhone SE:
$150.00
Was already fast in use, the new ios11 update vastly improved its speed as well.
You sacrifice 1080p but awesome 4” screen.
Good image quality.
It is the fastest smartphone of its screen size, so if you are adamant on having a small screen it’s the best.
It’s been a long time since it was released and it’s still good.
New SE will have A10 chip.

I have SE and will confirm most of this but 4" screen starts to struggle on some webpages. People are not supporting such small screens they way they used to. I will be getting 4.7 next.

Has this ever happened before? The new phone on launch being slower in these "real world" benchmarks than the old phone?

I think you miss the point here, where basically the benchmarks gives biased results. When you see A11 chip is 70% faster than the previous, then using buzzwords like "bionic", you expect it at least to be slightly faster...well that's not the case.

iPhone SE is /ourphone/

To me, this is a perk. I have no interest in using my phone to browse the web beyond looking up a phone number.

It seems that at least on a head to head case it is as fast, or sometimes faster, than the A10.

However, when you get to multitasking applications are unloading from memory where they didn't used to and possibly over time the iPhone8 is currently slowing down, which is kinda funny.

I don't see why the OP is discounting optimization as if that isn't a thing. It's not unreasonable to think that in 5 months apps may run faster on the a11.

MUH OPTIMIZATION

True but for starters, iOS 11 was already built with the iPhone 8 and X in mind. There will still be some optimizations to come but it's not like, say, when Ryzen came out and then they had to do driver optimizations for Windows and Linux for the new arch. This was internal with Apple. iOS 11 was made FOR this.

Second, app optimizations may come with building for the iOS 11 target but we are seeing, maybe, 10% gains on a processor that is allegedly around 70% faster. Are you telling me we will see the other 60% come through app optimizations? That's bullshit and you know it.

It looks to me, considering how fast the iPhone 8 boots, that something is going on in the background that's using a lot of resource.

it's almost like a lot of Sup Forums's userbase has grown up, and the other half is stuck acting like children, interesting right???????

youtu.be/waUnxJVKNOE

>It looks to me, considering how fast the iPhone 8 boots, that something is going on in the background that's using a lot of resource.

Such as? It's not like they developed a slower chip than the A10, and they are both running the same OS. What else would account for the change?

what did you post this for? I don't get it.

>Such as?
I don't know, maybe data mining.

iphone? more like kys yourself ma nigga.

Your fanboysm made you so brain dead that you don’t even want to admit that most developers didn’t have time to update their apps in order to take advantage of the a11 chip.

Most likely hardware accelerated encoding.

>y-you need to update the app to make it run faster on a cpu that's clocked higher anyway!

Yes. Not him but the way the CPU gets addressed by apps on the 7 is totally different than on the 8. I believe on the 7 you address the CPU as a whole while on the 8 you can address specific cores separately. It could be that with apps that aren’t updated to specifically address the high speed cores that it defaults to the slower ones.

That's bollocks and you know it.

No, it’s not. Read the articles on the CPU when it got leaked. All articles mention they are addressed differently.

>All these results on synthetic benchmarks fall short in real life usage.

Yeah santa claus isn't real either.

You're holding a device that has a 10wh battery which has to run everything in the device for the whole day. RAM and CPU chips are piled on top of each other inside with no cooling system whatsoever besides maybe an aluminum plate, and then that's all surrounded in multiple layers of plastic... And retards still talk about benchmarks.

If you care about phone features these days you probably shave with a Gillette turbo fusion power stealth razor as well because you're so easily taken in by shitty marketing gimmicks.

It doesn't matter how fast your phone is, Apple will release an update to cripple it just in time for the release of the next one anyway.

What?!
How the 7 renders the video faster than 8? Makes no sense.