Why does Sup Forums hate gaming laptops?

because they eat battery like crazy, making them less portable. portability is the entire point of laptops.

they are also loud and you can get a better performing gaymen desktop for the same price.

you don't need to play games on the go, you do it at home.

I have no reason to hate them but when I hear/read that something is designed for gaming I immediately know it's going to be ugly without looking at any pictures.

Most of them substitute build quality for LEDs.

>because they eat battery like crazy,

Not an issue if you're using it while its charging

>they are also loud and you can get a better performing gaymen desktop for the same price.

What if you travel a lot? What if you get kicked out of the house?

They're big, noisy, hot, expensive, gaudy looking, have shit battery life, and come with shitty keyboards

I don't play gaymes. I have no need for laptop that is big, heavy, have short battery life and shit build quality, all the while being sold for premium price.
I would also be embarrassed to use one in public because of tacky, childish design.
Actually I have very little need for laptops, period. I use work pc at work and desktop at home.

If you travel a lot you probably want a laptop that you can use in public without being embarrassed and doesn't weight as much as a desktop computer.
Just buy an old gameboy or emulate on a psp and be a manchild with at least a bit of dignity.

Gaming on a laptop sucks

because they cannot afford gaming laptops

>go to Reddit to find a good laptop suggestion thread for college
>it's always gaming shit

Do plebbitors actually do anything in college other than fucking video games?

It's the most obvious shit. A laptop is just meant to be a portable computer without the restraints of a phone or tablet, gaming isn't portable and defeats the purpose of a gaming laptop.
Gayming (and productivity) for desktops, productivity for laptops

Do you think majority of college children do anything in college other than partying or playing gaymes?
There is a reason why no adult person consider college children adult, despite them being 18+

Gaming laptops are typically too expensive, due to upcharging for brand and "gaming" features. there's not a ton wrong with using a laptop for gaming, and there are plenty of laptops that are good for gaming, that arent "gaming" laptops.

post more qt glaceon

And it's also why people who are adult by the time they're 18 don't tend to go to college immediately. or at all.

The only good gaming laptop is a used gaming laptop.

I'm not OP and those are the only 2 that I have :(

Is MSI a good brand for gaming laptops?

you can get a $400 laptop and swap the hard drive with an SSD to get a pretty decent portable web/email/remote system maintenance machine or you can get a $4000 brick that can play games worse than your cheaper desktop with a shorter battery

it honestly just inst worth the trade

Gaming requires a good dedicated GPU contemporary to when you buy it. Good contemporary dedicated GPUs require a fair amount of power and dissipate a fair amount of heat: they need to breathe.

Unfortunately both power and heat dissipation are at an extreme premium in a notebook. Between battery capacity, heatsink and fan/blower size, along with noise, something's got to give. Mobile GPUs from the major manufacturers are frequently based on the last model scaled down a bit with a ton of driver hacks to pretend they're better, and mobile GPUs from the other manufacturers are not something you can use in a PC and don't come close in performance.

Couple that with notebooks being close to unupgradeable, which is a bit of an issue with the lifespans of modern GPUs, and the net result is a notebook with a short lifespan, that runs heavy, hot, loud and tends to break. I've got a gaming laptop, which is getting on a bit but still runs by some miracle, but it's the third in its line - the last two caught on fire.

If you're gaming, get a mid-tower, or if you value portability that much at least a mini-ITX. At least then you have some flexibility and are going to be able to get components that can actually operate within a reasonable TDP.

If you really want to play games on the move, try a Switch or something - or use your phone and maybe remote-desktop/stream back to a machine at your home, or a remote server.

because the ones with decent specs looks autistic and I would never be caught using one in public

Cum on the plushie

Or get a psvita or 2ds xl

Ball sweat.

GPU dies everytime

>shit build quality
>shit battery (not much of a problem since using it for gaming on the go is just weird to begin with)
>weird hardware balance most of the time
>look tacky as fuck with their "GAYMURR" aesthetic
>shit keyboards unless you go with the ones with mechanical keyboards, further restricting your choices
>GPUs and their shitty driver support, don't expect them to have any working drivers one year after release
>GPU just fucking dies all the time
>thick and bulky as shit

Gaming laptops are a fucking meme, and if I ever see you using one, I automatically think less of you.

seek professional help

newfag

Is that supposed to make me mad?
I would like to know because im new here. Thanks friend :)

Because i have a desktop for that and a sweet Chromebook for laptop work.

This desu. I own one. Bad mistake in some aspects (but I got it so cheap it was probably still worth).

The biggest hinderence to portability in my eyes is actually the design of them. I went to the library once and I just fucking couldn't deal with the self-imposed shame. I still go out with it but only to cafés (where the table orientation allows for more isolation) and when I book a room at the library.
I even have good reason for the high specs as I'm doing some NN work.

I think these companies should absolutely release the 'stylish' versions along side some super plain ones.
I'd rather carry a toughbook than this. I like the look but you're a bit of a weirdo carrying one.

>Not an issue if you're using it while its charging
so, again laptops are for portability you pretty much want to be plugged to a wall
>What if you travel a lot?
If you travel a lot you don't spend time inside 4 walls staring a monitor, you go out and do shit.
>What if you get kicked out of the house?
I'm not a fat 12 year old with no future, also nobody can kick me out since it's my house. You should also try that.
You don't "need" to play games and you certainly don't need to do it everywhere you go. If you think you do you have other issues and the money you would spend on the laptop and games would be better spent on professionals that can help you

They look retarded and scream that you are a manchild. They also deliver an inferior gaymign experience in comparison to either a console or desktop.

/thread

i

wouldn't have happened if you bought a lenovo y700 tbqh

I'm a vfx dude who travels a lot. So gaming laptop is best deal. They do look like shit tho

if you travel a lot get a mini itx and a thinkpad, and the desktop will still perform better than the laptop for the same price

Die within two years because of the heat stress

Also they pump them full with shitty tantalum capacitors that short out right after the warranty is over

"Gaming"-themed laptops are gay.

Laptops that have the capability of playing games are not, and you have to be incredible autistic to hate on something like that.

People who travel a lot often HAVE to do it not because they choose to. Some people also have to move a lot. Prime example of this: the military.

I want to play some 4x or GSG games to kill some time. An old-school Thinkpad sure as fuck isn't going to run that.

say goodbye to that power supply.

Samefagging this hard

Attention whoring this hard

Because we're not NEETs who play vidya.

Mobilefagging this hard

Not mobilefagging this hard

they don't look modest enough in appearance

I really, REALLY like the look in the face of that Glaceon plush, any idea where to get that particular model?

>48 replies
>40 posters
Evidence suggests otherwise, senpai.

I want to fuck Glaceon

>big
>heavy
>loud
>non upgradable
>Not good as a desktop
>shit battery
>shit Linux compatibility
>looks like shit