I upgraded from a c2q q8200 to a r5 1600 a couple days ago

i upgraded from a c2q q8200 to a r5 1600 a couple days ago
i just swapped out the mobo and plugged everything in.
ama

Get an SSD.

i heard intel is better for gaymes

you heard wrong mister good goy

Op image references valves games that are known to optimised for Intel CPUs

it references the fact that if you try to use gmod without having cs:s installed you will be missing most of the textures. nothing to do with cpu optimization

considering upgrading to a 1500x next year, do you see any advantages? currently have an a10-6700 apu

yes, 3.2 ghz vs 2.3ghz is a fucking massive difference
also it feels pretty comfy idling at less than 60c

also as far as i know, ryzen is all the same bullshit but with higher clocks- a 1500 should do exactly as good as a 1800x with 4 cores enabled
just get a 1500 and overclock, you'll save some shekels

I assumed if op references valve games that op would be playing them

i do, but i went from ~150fps in csgo to ~320 average and am now gpu bottlenecked
deciding on an aftermarket gpu heatsink so i can overclock

I went from a Haslel Xeon to an R7 1700x, got more cores, but got 3~5 FPS less in games.

Needed the extra cores as I was hammering all threads on the Xeon, probably should have went threadripper, but that 180w and xbox hueg heatspreader and custom cooler was too much.

I'm easily hammering 8+ threads...

He's not. Currently nothing beats a 7700K in gaming, that's a simple fact.

You fucked up.

also if you're using win7 and want to coninue using it with ryzen you should get a ps2 keyboard so you can install drivers from your mobo cd
ethernet and all usbs didnt work on my old windows install until i updated drivers, might be different if you get a fresh one

paying 40% less for 28% lower performance* and 700c lower temps sure feels bad, man

WOAH $100 MORE FOR MUH PERFORMANCE

WHAT AN OBSERVATION, GIVE THIS MAN A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

also
>taking benchmarks from linuskekkike

Don't know where this fag is getting a 28% difference from, but in real world workloads it's more like 20%. At most 25%.

>paying 40% less for 28% lower performance*
the law of diminishing returns, for cpu power it's very good proportion

>and 700c lower temps sure feels bad, man
exaggeration, both cpus have similar tdp when overclocked

>taking benchmarks from linuskekkike
better than powered by AMD 3,5 games from other youtubers

still, would like something from somewhere like tom's hardware

yes but the pic is at stock
i would know about the temps, my brother has a 7700k not overclocked with watercooling and it it idles at 50, 70 at 10% usage and 96c at gayming load

>single threaded
4 core cuck detected/

>muh cinegay single thread performance

>be AMD drone
>get to gloat over cheap CPUs with great multithreaded performance and no jizz under the die
>this isn't enough
>have to pretend AMD is on par with Intel in singlethreaded as well, which it clearly isn't
>have to pretend singlethread is somehow irrelevant when it will literally always be if only by Amdahl's law
pathetic

>better singlethread than 3570k
No fuckups here.

actually the r7 was made to and does compete with it, they are quite equal, while the r7 is about 30-50 bucks cheaper

>>have to pretend AMD is on par with Intel in singlethreaded as well, which it clearly isn't
Nice strawman.

>>have to pretend singlethread is somehow irrelevant when it will literally always be if only by Amdahl's law
Again with the strawman. Have to wonder why Intel does not just keep doing single core cpus if that's the end all be all.

intel corelettes are just mad they cant compile a kernel in under 80 seconds

I don't know how one can be this delusional. A 7700K does not suffer from a lack of threads right now in games and clocks a lot higher than any Ryzen, resulting in higher framerates. It's not fucking rocket science.
> while the r7 is about 30-50 bucks cheaper
Yes, and? That doesn't mean it beats the 7700K.

What about the r7 1700 which is the more economical option per dollar. Along with the fact that the i7 7700 has half the number of cores, which the r7 can be used in streaming x264 while gaming.

it does in cherry picked benchmarks much like the ones you are posting.

>2666MHz RAM

What about reading my original post you dumb fuck. I only said the 7700K is king in gaming, if you can't refute that, stop replying and definitely stop moving the goalposts.

Please go ahead and post your benchmarks.

If we're going the OC'ing route then good luck, your 4GHz ryzen will be facing a 4.8+GHz intel.

>If we're going the OC'ing route
>If
Your benchmark already shows OCed scores, OCing Ryzen while keeping RAM at 2666MHz is beyond stupid for gaming.

it's still better than stock and the 7700K is at stock also

Ryzen is bound by ram speeds with the infinity fabric. So 3200mhz ram or higher would be better.