Is there anything more cool than dying american suburbs? Empty strip malls and potholed roads...

Is there anything more cool than dying american suburbs? Empty strip malls and potholed roads, derelict shopping centers and misfit bored youths getting addicted to drugs. I have a fascination with these things.

What do you think about this, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prora
youtube.com/watch?v=eo-X3YdA3mA&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0TPagRCb_mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it has a lot to say about consumerism and the decline of western civilization, but maybe I'm a pretentious fag

it's also spooky as hell, got a post-apocalyptic feel to it

and maybe a little touch of dystopian cyberpunk, this could've been a shot out of Robocop, easily.

fucking autralians

I wonder what it's like to be raised in an environment on decline like this. Can't be a lot of hope to go around the table.

Hello Poland, welcome to the thread

In many ways it's reminiscent of Pripyat, near Chernobyl. The difference is Pripyat was abandoned due to nuclear fallout.

I think you are a pretentious fag

Hi. It would be cool to visit a place like this, but imagine being in the centre of this mall, when suddenly a group of locals comming out of the shop. You hear their steps, don't see them.. Scary desu.

That's okay, at least you took the time to post in my thread. Thanks bro

These things don't have anything to do with consumerism or western civilization

I wonder if places like these have their own folklore among the locals. Haunted malls instead of haunted mansions, sleep a night at the center of the mall to prove you're a Cool Kid, etc.

These places would make for great film sets. Are there any films that have used them?

i did urban exploring in detroit you would poo poo your euro pants if you did it

Yea it's pretty much Fallout 6 over here, watch out for stray dogs

Damn, I didn't know such places exist. They give me some gloomy fallout-tier feelings. Feels great.

You don't think so? These malls were built as part of the bubble economy of the late 20th century, without much thought on whether it was sustainable, economically or otherwise. We just built and built, without thinking of the future. Even architecturally, american houses are built on shoddy foundations with paper walls, because all that mattered was cost-cutting and churning out as many mcmansions as possible in the shortest timespan.

I think it says a lot.

post more pls

White people are moving back to the cities, leaving blacks and spics in the suburbs.

I think there are plenty of abandoned structures and towns without the ideology or the culture

the most interesting thing about these pictures is how shoddily malls and such are built, since they decay pretty quickly.

pripyat is in better shape than this mall, despite being built by gommies decades earlier.

You're probably right, I live in copenhagen, everything's very pretty and nice here. Not a lot of the grime and ugliness you'd expect to find in a major city. I think it's kind of sad, actually, it feels like something important is missing.

I'll google around to find some, but the ones I posted were the ones I had, all from the same mall in Ohio

Visit the Ruhr area, you'll love it. Many abandoned 19-20th century industrial structures. RĂ¼gen might be close for you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prora

I don't have FB, but I know that there are "abandoned mall" groups where locals post OC

Yeah that's what I mean, there was very little care put into making sure these things were viable on a long-term scale. They're poorly built and clearly weren't built based on any kind of forward thinking economic projection.

"Build build build!" was the mantra of the latter half of the 20th century, and it's left these uniquely fascinating rotting beasts in its wake.

fun fact: for the first time a bigger shoping centre was closed down in Poland last month

Thanks for that FB tip, found a few good groups. I've never been to the Ruhr area but that sounds like a great roadtrip. I know it played a big role in the production of Wehrmacht military machinery in the buildup to World War 2.

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year.

You should go snap some pictures if you live near it, then wait a few years and compare.

Looks like bulletholes in these elevator panes. Guess it's a nice, quiet spot to get drunk and fire dad's gun when nothing else is going on.

youtube.com/watch?v=eo-X3YdA3mA&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ

God that opening is eerie as hell.

sounds like a great fucking plan

3.5 million square foot abandoned factory in detroit

nah, it's like 600 km away

It is said that empty malls are haunted by spirits that were denied a burger.

This is really fucking cool, thanks for posting this.
this is also great. Post more if you got it

more

>denied a burger
Who would commit such a monstrosity?

winter

that is such a good picture. damn.

Why are all of those such a wreck. Glass shatered things thrown over etc.

teenagers fucking around probably

A truly evil person

another

misfit youth wrecking shit out of boredom

graffiti

looks like Syria

another courtyard

>Dale Caruso on deck

Who is that man?

>Is there anything more cool than dying american suburbs?

Yeah, literally anything is cooler than that.

Abandoned american buildings/towns are boring because they have a flat skyline and decay too fast (they're made from tar/gypsum/cardboard) and in an ugly manner.

I sure love seeing abandoned/old building, factories etc, but in order to be "cool" several decades must pass, and nature must be involved.

Most of the pics you posted are just boring and ugly.

>Cardboard

When will this meme die?

>Most of the pics you posted are just boring and ugly
You mean they just look like a perfectly fine Greek neighborhood

My metro area's suburbs aren't even dying though, even though more people are moving to the city, yet to be fair my city gets too many out of staters.

In Europe I hear the cities are actually nice but the suburbs are almost Sharia no-go zones

These places would be fucking awesome for paintball matches.

That's only true-ish for Paris, and maybe to a tiny extent London. I wasn't saying ALL American suburbs were dying, just that I have a fascination with the ones that do.

no need to get defensive, buddy

when you stop using cardboard as a building material :^)

The ones that are dying already were poor and shitty to begin with lol

And yeah, I've heard sad stories about how one suburb of Paris is all nice and posh and how all of its surrounding areas are literal hell. I only remember that one decrepit London suburb from the Britain First video where they went into a Muslim district and got threatened

Michigan central station

that's a beautiful picture, man

>sharia no-go zone
Oh I remember that, many laughs were had with my (native) french friends who lived in there.

For comedy value:
youtube.com/watch?v=0TPagRCb_mk

There was an abandoned steel mill near my 2nd house for like 10 years before it got demo'd. I used to explore it with buddies when we were like 12. It was so fucking cool, we found a storage closet filled with replacement light bulbs and we spent like an hour throwing light bulbs all over some massive warehouse-type-room.

isn't that an episode of The Simpsons?

thread is dead but im posting a couple more packard plant stuff

So many drugs must have been done here

last one i guess