I want a nice mechanical pencil and have been looking at pic related, thoughts?

i want a nice mechanical pencil and have been looking at pic related, thoughts?
also mechanical pencil general

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp
riteintherain.com/yellow-mechanical-pencil
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

POINTY

looks like a bitch to hold.

rotring
/thread

looks top-heavy

>mechanical pencil

if that's anything like the parker pen i have it's tiny as fuck

I had one of those, it's alright. I like my Rotring 600 much better and I've been using it for over 4 years now.

I got a two pack of these and they're pretty good. They have a nice soft touch rubber all along the base of the pencil. There is a mechanism that retracts the lead when you're dotting your paper so you won't accidentally break the lead. It has nice diameter and has the retractable eraser but also clicks like a regular mechanical pencil would (by pressing down the end)
I think they're pretty okay.

Pilot Graphgear 1000 or 500

These are nice

some evil janny removed my fountain pen
so im just going to post this here since i think its relevant
this is my favorite fountain pen
if pens aren't technology how are pencils
I don't like how with cheap mech. pencils the lead wobbles around too much

that's a beautiful looking pen, user but doesn't the occasional ink smudging get to you and don't fountain pens have the risk of just exploding in your pocket?

When I was grabbing my phone to take a photo I rolled the pen over the ink, smudging it slightly.
A few more seconds and that would not have happened.
If they open in your pocket, yes capillary action will draw the ink into your pocket. There is v. little chance that the ink reservoir could explode in your pocket.

I like my graphgear 1000 don't know how well the rubber grip or the spring loaded mechanism will hold though. I've been checking some rotrings on aliexpress but they are not cheap.

anything pentel

lead holders > mechanical pencils
i like it thicc

jesus christ on a stick
what a disgusting keyboard
please buy a new one, I'm begging you

It just works. Also the long eraser is really useful.

Pentel Kerry
Pentel Sharp
Rotring 600/800

Pentel Graphgear 500
Pentel P205 if you want a more classic design

Old skool pencil!!

This

I have 3 or 4 graphgear 500s. Best pencil I've ever used. Been looking for a rotring though.

Is there such a thing as iconic mechanical pencil in anime, movies or something?

dealing with pencil shavings is not something that should happen in 2017

Maybe nasa could blow up a billion dollars developing a pencil that doesn't need to be sharpened.

Why don't people actually complain about stupid things nasa has actually done, like develop the space shuttle, instead of regurgitating that story about the fisher space pen which wasn't even true?
That pen was developed privately, and it didn't cost billions to do.

snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Any recommendations for a 2mm lead mech pencil?

that's not a pencil, you're looking for a drafting lead holder that takes 2.0mm leads.

i wouldn't call this a mechanical pencil though...

You only get the 500 if you're too poor for the 1000.

maybe at a brick and mortar store
I've seen 1000s sell for $22, when they cost only $10 on amazon

Kuru Togas are objectively the best mechanical pencil ever developed.
Too bad americans only get this specific cheapo plasticky version.

Why is it not a pencil?
It's like using a normal wooden pencil, but you don't need to sharpen it with all the wood and the mess - just the lead itself which is eazy p c .

I have one of these: riteintherain.com/yellow-mechanical-pencil

It's too thick to be a pencil and you still have to sharpen it because it's a giant lead core suspended in a holder, basically like a regular wooden pencil.

Like says, they're basically like a regular wooden pencil. They have a nice weight and will always be the same size though; that's why I love mine.

Jetpens has the Japanese ones

i don't know why you'd buy from them amazon has them cheaper and they're all marketplace sellers with free shipping and not amazon's 8 day minimum waiting period.

If I'm in my home, I'll sharpen the pencils right into my wastebin. It's a nice thing to do.
If I'm in public I'll pull out another pencil.
If I'm outdoors I'll sharpen them right on the floor like an animal.
It's not a great a sacrifice as missing out on all the different aesthetics and corefeels that are available in our world today.

>nataraj
Don't make me nostalgic now. I used to prefer the red ones when I was a kid.

fupperbupper

I'm just gonna write you off as a hipster, there's absolutely no reason to use wooden pencils unless you desire the aesthetic for graphite drawings.

Love those, never had one go bad on me, I always lose them or someone steals them from me, staedtler makes great stuff I really like their stilographs better than rotrings.

I don't know why anyone still buys rotrings, their quality is only legend at this point, they're made in china now.

OHTO Super Promecha

POST COLLECTIONS

And what should I get next?

I have 3 of those and I only ever use the black kuru toga because it feels the nicest to use.

This.

What are you, a fucking nigger pajeet?

I took that picture about 7 months ago, since then a bit of the paint on the grip has begun peeling off. Has yours done the same? It's happening on both the black and silver kuru togas.

eh, had the originals back in the day, i recall i could refill them with fountain pen ink and still worked perfectly

yeah a little paint wore off, revealing silver metal underneath.
It doesn't really affect the pencil, I still use it everyday.

pleb.

what 3rd world shithole are your from? india?

*Sigh*
You're that guy who made the other thread
>Being so pretentious that you buy a $150 eraser
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

Who would buy a $150 eraser?

Pentel P205
I've been using it for about 5-6 years
R8 8/8 m8

This user.

Just bought one from Amazon at the beginning of the semester, still waiting for it to deliver.

>mom i need eraser
>here is $2 go buy one son
>but it cost $150
>ok ill buy it for you my retarded son

I take my keyboard apart and clean it thoroughly with soap 2 times a year, do you guys seriously do that every week?

Why use anything else?

I have both and personally I find that the 500 is more comfortable and easier to write with than the 1000. Although hands down it is easier to carry the 1000.

>rotring 800
Good luck with your broken lead with each click
R O T R I N G 6 0 0 M A S T E R R A C E

tell me about the GvFC pencil. i spent 800 euro on a visconti so i dont judge

It's not really a pencil, it's more of a pencil system. GvFC markets it as "perfect pencil technology".

Faber-Castell came up with the first mass-marketed wooden pencil 300 years ago. But it had a lot of problems. The wood wasn't good. The lead wasn't centered (so it would sharpen unevenly). When the pencil got short you couldn't use it anymore. You get the idea.

So how can we improve the pencil ? Well, besides tighter tolerances and better materials, Faber-Castell decided to make pencil caps around 100 years ago to protect the tip of the pencil during transport. The cap doubled as a holder when the pencil got short. They then added a sharpener to the cap itself, and then made the erasers replaceable. They called the entire modular system "The Perfect Pencil"--the idea being pencil technology cannot improve anymore.

Faber-Castell argues that "this is the best a wooden pencil can get. We can't improve it anymore." And who knows, maybe they're right. Maybe after 300 years we've finally perfected the wooden pencil.

This reads like marketing copy.
Nobody does this shit ironically, not for pencils.

>it's more of a pencil system
and they found a dumbass to sell it to

Okay, so tell me about the pencils themselves. Do they write well? What grade are they? Of course you could stick whatever pencil you'd like to but I'm asking about what is included.

it's quite awesome.