NAS Specs

I want to build a 4tb NAS

What cpu should I buy? I want to keep this low power.

Is a atom board enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

servethehome.com/intel-atom-c3958-16-core-top-end-embedded-qat-linux-benchmarks-and-review/
ark.intel.com/products/95594/Intel-Celeron-Processor-J3455-2M-Cache-up-to-2_3-GHz
amazon.com/Black-Passport-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=ad-backfill-amzn-one-good-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01LQQH86A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just buy a 4tb HDD why go through all the trouble of building a NAS that's only 4tb?

>4tb nas
I do'n't think you know what you are doing. At that size you might as well use a shit top you have around

>Building a NAS for 4tb

Whats even the point?
Better off just buying a 4tb external and connect it to a router that supports it.

servethehome.com/intel-atom-c3958-16-core-top-end-embedded-qat-linux-benchmarks-and-review/

people don't use NASes for just the capacity it's the software and support

Buy a 2 day qnap/synology/etc nas.

Use 2x 4TB disk.

Raid 1 = Mirror and cloud backup.

>Is a atom board enough?
Yes.

Get a J1900.

Why not just buy a 2bay synology?

Are you retarded?

J1900 is much slower than J3455

ark.intel.com/products/95594/Intel-Celeron-Processor-J3455-2M-Cache-up-to-2_3-GHz

It doesn't need to be that fast

if your nas isnt rocking at least 6 cores at 3Ghz then I cant even serve files

OP didn't mention J3455

Point being is the J1900 is cheap and has plenty of power to serve files. Actual raid cards use ~1GHz dual-core ARM ROCs.

>not using an epyc server CPU with 64 threads for your 128GB SSD NAS

Just buy an HP Gen 8 Microserver or a Gen 7.
Solid af machines for NAS.

>128GB
Try TB

>recommending old HP shit

neck yourself

Here you go, OP amazon.com/Black-Passport-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=ad-backfill-amzn-one-good-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01LQQH86A

1 4TB HDD and an odroid HC1 and you're good to go for a personal NAS

Because both the Gen 7 and 8 are solid machines for NAS and most come with ECC ram?
If you think you actually know NAS because you think old hardware sucks you should know that every single premade NAS is made with Ancient Hardware and chips.

Those support RAID right?
That's why people get them right?

How new are you?