Will drivers/AIB fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyFTQFtju4Y
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/72bnmg/voltage_testing_of_v56_flashed_to_v64_liquid/
youtube.com/watch?v=NRXd3WY_rcI
youtu.be/MyFTQFtju4Y
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JewzTwoCents found there's virtually no improvement for AIB.

But putting it on water seems somewhat promising.
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/72bnmg/voltage_testing_of_v56_flashed_to_v64_liquid/

Yeah and we should expect that when volta comes around

Chink will keep holding back Volta until Navi comes out.
You don't get Volta fagboi you get another paxwell rebrand with ddr6 go pay for the same shit again.
Jacket chink said no volta for you.

tbf he did have a shitty card, think a binned vega64 would probably be a lot better. its nice that asus sent whatever card they had instead of binning one for reviews.

POOGA WAS A MISTAKE

Damn it, AMD. Get your shit together. I need a new graphics card.
Fuck miners, too.

Vega 56 on water easily gets Vega 64 liquid edition clocks.

>You don't get Volta fagboi you get another paxwell rebrand with ddr6 go pay for the same shit again
Just as you got another Fury X rebrand.

>got 4k gaming on high
I got just what I wanted to get.

15 months after everyone else.

Drivers? Yes.
AiBs? Yes, but not performance-wise.

>Drivers? Yes.
T-they're still sandbagging I swear!

What?
Ditching D3D pipeline is a pretty complicated task.

Yes.
But at least I havent paid my money to feed the anti-consumer cancer that will use my money to fuck me over.

Same reason i dont play Bloodborne.
Because if I pay for a console I proliferate closed ecosystem that locked me out of what I wanted in the first place.

We don't really know if they're sandbagging. Seeing as there are still physical features that haven't been enabled indicates that AMD are either a) sandbagging, or b) grossly incompetent.

>AiBs? Yes, but not performance-wise.
A better cooling is better clocks mang.
Better clocks are qlways better.
From what we already know vega comes with a crazy voltage preset, tirning it down and turning clocks a little up will do great if the cooler can pull it

It's actually a combination of overly competent hardware dudes led by Art-X veteran and braindead monkeys for software developers.
Basically nvidia backwards.

Also shade once when?
FUCKING retarded monkeys.
Better clocks will do fuckall as long as it still chews only 4 tris a clock.

Gaymen Nexus managed to squeeze 1700/1100mhz outta it with a water aio ogred on top of it and it added a lot to performance compared to 1500 throttled performance out of the box.

I would expect sapphyre top coolers to come near that.

See Vega 56 performing at 1080 levels

Which is still bad.

How do you flash it with a custom bios though?
GN said its locked down and shit.
Does it require physical modification?

You are not flashing it with custom BIOS.
What you do is flashing a 64 BIOS.

Well GN tried it and sait its locked and wont work.
Then buildzoid gave him a functioning one but buildzoid is a hardmodder

Who the fuck is GN and how retarded one needs to be to not flash the fucking BIOS?

No its dogshit

Maybe in a couple of years it will age better but nothing can help those stupid high power usage

>high power usage
Some 250watts for 3.5k ALU design?
That's normal for anything on 14/16 node.

Download the 64 bios from techpowerup.com and use ATIWinflash to load the V64 bios.

This video shows it from start to finish. youtube.com/watch?v=NRXd3WY_rcI

Easy stuff.

>$399 for a card that performs like a $550+ card
>bad
I got my vega 56 for $375 with a discount coupon, and even with a waterblock, it still ends up cheaper than a 1080.

That's still bad given the die size, ALU count, power and uarch improvements.

Like he said, they'll improve noise and thermals but won't give OC headroom. Only way to do that is water and setting your own power limit.

bullshit to get anywhere near 1080 performance u gotta undervolt it and piss around and now this strix wont even hit 1550+ mhz core

youtu.be/MyFTQFtju4Y

They have a new chip that verifies BIOS authenticity. Buildzoid changed power tables in registry and used Vega 64 BIOS. Both methods allow higher power limits.

GN tried a custom BIOS. That doesn't work.
Any Stock Vega BIOS works, so you can flash a Vega 64 bios on a Vega 56 and get the raised power limit and get increased HBM2 voltage and clocks. 30% memory overclock is easily possible.

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3020-amd-rx-vega-56-review-undervoltage-hbm-vs-core

so glad i skipped this shit vega fucking sucks balls
over a year late and gets shit on by a 18 month old 1080

cant even touch the Titan and 1080ti

>I am too clueless so I'll just shitpost
Whoa there.

I still feel bad for buying a 1080 though. Just a few months later could have got a Ti for the same price, and on top of that the rumored "1070 Ti" will probably have way better price/performance.

I'm going to make it a policy to always wait for Ti.

1080 was cheaper and had a better cooler for hte $$ and faster than a 56
why? a ti is still $1000aud+ here its not worth it with the 1080 hovering for around $700

>It's the same aussie retard episode

The MSRP for the Ti was the same as the 1080 at launch and the price of the 1080 dropped to 500 USD overnight. That meant everyone who bought a 1080 earlier burned around 200 USD just because they didn't predict the price drop.

>why? a ti is still $1000aud+ here its not worth it with the 1080 hovering for around $700
You can pick up a vagina56 for $600AUD plus a waterblock for $100 and end up with 1080 performance for less $.

You seem mad

AMD gotta invent another IF miracle, not just use the same shit

oh wow i would have saved $30

WOW
fuck off rtg shill

vega is shit
how so? I have a ryzen 1600x i like amd but RTG fucked up hard

>That meant everyone who bought a 1080 earlier burned around 200 USD just because they didn't predict the price drop.
It was a $100 drop and it was a YEAR after release

when is the supposed 1070ti going to be revealed?

mid october

no it's DOA

most non-shills realized this after the embarrassing Doom demo comparing it to a fucking 1080

they're taking a while

They did exactly that by ditching D3D rendering pipeline.
Now software needs to catch up (and by software I mean their very own drivers).

Reminder that Vega is THE MOST shader inefficient gpu in the past 5 years. Literally 40% less performance per teraflop than Polaris

>MUH genius AYYMD engineers!
>designed multiple GPUs with a disproportionately small front-end and never once tried to fix it

Nvidia's better at hardware and software and the gestalt. AMD's engineers and developers are braindead

You do understand that throwing more FF is going on exactly the opposite direction GPUs should be going?
Come on Jensen, I know your dudes can do it

How can it even be ALU efficient if it's limited by 4 tris a clock.

Who would have thought AMD would launch a new card that was available for 1min 30sec @msrp the morning of launch day and still unobtainable a month after and AIB boards no where in sight.

Vega 56 is $400 cheaper than a GTX 1080. How is that? Because when you want to use larger gaming monitors or ultra wides that GSync tax is like no shit, $300.

Love how AYYMD fanboys are always in disarray. Reality is AYYMD engineers won't fix a severe and obvious problem with GCN and Nvidia continues to raise prices and gain marketshare because their cards just werk.

t. Jensen

>Will drivers/AIB fix it?
>2017
>AMD/ATi fanboys STILL waiting for drivers
Every fucking year you idiots keep saying they fixed their drivers since , when those of you not 14 will remember this argument has been going on since the fucking year 2000.

Do you ever look at comparison benchmarks release and several months later? Goddamn brainlet...

drovers might
AIBs not by much, it's till going to be around 75C forever

Dunno maybe something will itch inside Sapphire's CEO hard enough for them to bring back Vapor-X.

I welcome this, I just got 1070 and really happy with it
40C with fans not spinning running madvr NGU High is nice

I don't know, i'm starting to believe that AIBs will skip it to vega pro or vega 28 for new "580"
I kind of get now why Raja tried to gloss over gaming cards as hard as he could at siggraph

SIGGRAPH is not about gaymen and they had nothing to show.
WX9100? Nice, it sorta works. SSG? Works well.
RX Vega? Doesn't work at all.