Programming iOS Sup Forums browser

I may be wrong, but at the moment there are no decent, FREE solutions for browsing Sup Forums via an iOS device.

Sure you can browse with safari, then open WEBM's in VLC every time - but that is a pain in today's 'instant gratification' world.

So I am just seeing if anyone is willing to help put together a free iOS app for Sup Forums?

Some of the features it needs (feel free to suggest some more)
-WEBM support
-Ability to cache/save WEBM's/images
-Notifications for threads you are active in
-Themes

link to Sup Forums's API
github.com/Sup Forums/4chan-API

Anyone interested? Must be at least OK in objective-c, c, or swift

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan
discordapp.com/channels/361847917868482561
cydia.saurik.com/package/com.nin9tyfour.fortune/
discord.gg/WdZwSn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use The Chan but its shit for iPad. Please make this OP I will love you forever and a day.

we dont need more macfags on Sup Forums

I would if I could, but I’m a brainlet who only makes Spritekit games in Swift

It's against the App Store guidelines, you'll be rejected. Your best option is jailbroken devices.

If you can make games this should be a piece of cake for you...

What kind of games?

I thought you could side load apps using xcode

It isn't if you don't initially include the NSFW boards - that's how The Chan managed to get through

Sup Forums.org is the pinnacle of web engineering. There's nay needeth for an app rather the devices might not but followeth its rules.

I can program in swift and have experience with ios and macos. if you put it on a repo i will help a little bit

I can help. I’ve been making my first 2d game for iOS in Unity, so I’ve seen objective C and use it over the Java script option (idk shit about java, but it’s ugly as sin), and I’m at least decent in C.
My objective C could use a bit of work but it looks easy and natural to step into. I’m familiar enough to trudge through some things and pick up the libraries as I go.
I’ve never used github for anything yet but this would be a great start for me.
>make users manually add the yellow boards
>app is now approved
Wow wtf that was so hard

I'm no apple fag but i'd like to see this happen.

>read only api
yeah that'd be easy, but how to post without fuckery

Great.

Not much experience with github but making a repo now.

Only when you include NSFW boards by default.

This is literally the 2nd time I've ever seen this mentioned and I can't find it in the store.
Are you the dev shilling for your app?

Hi
^ me here. I have to go for about 2 hours since I’m getting off work and need drive far and get breakfast at the hotel before I go back to my room. I’ll check in briefly throughout the time, and I’ll sit and read through this API and sign up to the repo when I get to my room and sit down with my MacBook.
I have heard from a couple users that they can’t find it, but when me and a few others search “the chan” it shows up right away, and when we search “Sup Forums” it’s the 5th result for us. Maybe it’s a locale issue

Found it now.
Your app only shows up if you type "Thechan" no spaces, if you add spaces it doesn't even show up on the list for some reason.

>your app
Ummm no, and think, why would I volunteer to make a free Sup Forums app to compete with my paid Sup Forums app?!

Sup Forums doesn't want to support shitty devices

Make it shit making the paid alternative all the more appealing.
How do you think paid software with free versions work?

repo
github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan

discord server for when this thread expires
discordapp.com/channels/361847917868482561

Feel free to join anyone.

Bed time for me. Will check this thread/discord server when I wake up for any more interest

I have minimal experience in Swift, some in Objective-C, but willing to learn whatever to get a good iOS app going.

cydia.saurik.com/package/com.nin9tyfour.fortune/

apple won't let Sup Forums related apps into the app store

Dev here, Sup Forums client on iOS is a no-go due to adult content.

Great, about 3 or 4 people seem like they want to help

I gave the incorrect discord link before

discord link
discord.gg/WdZwSn

They already did

ios 5 support

>WEBM support
>-Ability to cache/save WEBM's/images
>-Notifications for threads you are active in
>-Themes

my nigga if you can add this into a Sup Forums app ahead of when Dmitri from TheChan updates his then you're godsend.

DO IT

>phoneposter

hiding thread

anons any tips on filters to hide all these garbage phone threads?

yeah but you need to pay for a dev account which is like $100 a year
No one is going to pay that

>enabling phone posters
You're a scum.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Get

It's because they've been banned from the appstore, no one is going to take on a serious project to develop an iOS app for free only to have it banned.

The Chan only exists right now because apple doesn't know about it yet.

Nope. The Chan slipped through the cracks 100%. There was an app called "Chan Elite" that had NO BOARDS enabled by default. You'd have to add the URLs in yourself, and that too was removed from the store.

Even if you managed to slip through the cracks, some jealous /g pajeet will report you

thank you for bringing it to light. i'm reporting the chan right now and hopefully they'll take it down quick

I'm using Chan for Sup Forums at the moment and it's working fine. Don't know what the problem is.

The app store doesn't allow free software.
It might allow a gratis app, but why make that when iToddler will also pay for one?

> pajeet detected

TheChan is nice app atleast since you can view Webm's through it instead of fucking using Safari to browse Sup Forums. Also for those who don't Jailbreak this is a good app to have. Stop being faggots Sup Forums

>Unity
Thanks but no, thanks.

>this
I think I could make the app but I won't pay my money for it with no profit.

So how will you be able to pay for a server that provides push notifications to your app’s users? By ads? Into the trash it goes.

The chan is also allowed since it doesn’t have images enabled by default. You have to opt in to them, which is what Apple appears to be fine with.

If that were the case Chan Elite would have done that years ago.

Maybe they never thought of that before?

>crashes all of the time
>get pic related very often
>looks shit
>no updates
>no meme flag support for Sup Forums

Free developer accounts can sign apps too, but it expires after a week.
But a service like ipastore can be used to bring the price down for a single device. Or some faggot could get an enterprise cert.

>its another steve jobs imitator

hey guys, i want to make shit cool shit but idk how to code it so im looking for some moron to do it for free but i will take credit for it cause i came up with the idea and am overseeing the project hehe

fuck off moron, if you cant code it yourself then stfu, any moron who came forward to help you with this project is a class A dumbass, hope none of you are dumb enough to actually contribute to this credit stealing moron

Jailbreaking is pointless.
Sideloading is temporary.
Just pay for the app that's already there poorfag.

+1 here for The Chan too.

I don't think it was more than a dollar or two, why does it have to be free?

inb4 "shill"

nah - the app just seems to work fine

>Why not just pay the dollar or two?
It's the principle. The dev has basically stitched together Sup Forums(free) with webm(Probably used MobileVLCKit which is free and open source) and sold it. Is it just me or is there something wrong about this?

Having an apple dev account with submitting options costs 99$ per year. It's reasonable to demand 1-2$ for a niche app like this. Hell, who wants to browse Sup Forums mobile.