Wow how does Apple manage to maintain such a lead over the competition? What kind of trickery is that?

Wow how does Apple manage to maintain such a lead over the competition? What kind of trickery is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vtVfffQFiTE
bgr.com/2017/09/22/iphone-8-vs-galaxy-note-8-vs-galaxy-s8-speed-test/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_00J9Tzs-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What kind of trickery is that?

It's called optimizing your SoC for cheating benchmarks i.e. cheating to sucker brainlets into believing it's faster.

Meanwhile they're getting BTFO in real world usage.

That was fast

you mean qualcomm

Why can't Samshit design it's own processors?

BS. ^Has 0 clue.

It performs this well because it's a heterogeneous soc, shared mem pool for cpu and gpu bypassing the limitations.

bgr.com/2017/09/22/iphone-8-vs-galaxy-note-8-vs-galaxy-s8-speed-test/

This shows a good design is a lot better than throwing more cores waiting for shit to happen and start utilizing. Amd has been pushing for this for ages, iirc 2008 when they acquired The Radeon Group because they would have significant advantage over Intel.

Samsung builds them.

Samsung fabricates cpus but can't design them. Patents.

iTODDLERS BTFO

At least their processors are built in the US and not fucking Taiwan.

Because Samsung produces many other phones and their results spread.

How will iBrainlets ever recover?

Samefag

except the iphone 7 is actually faster

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_00J9Tzs-8

Billions of flies can't be wrong, there must be something in the shit.

>caring about phone performance in 2017
Why?

What the fuck? There's so many things wrong with that """benchmark""". It doesn't have any sort of timer, it tests completely different applications that do the same thing (e.g. clock) which boils down to the software, speed of the API and the program itself. 90% of its tests are I/O bound (launching applications) and don't actually benchmark the CPU, the GPU or the RAM. He tries to benchmark the fucking wifi antenna and he types in a fucking URL and calls it a day, ignoring all the possible influences on such a poor benchmark. Also, who the fuck uses the speaker on the phone for music? What kind of trash does that?

>t. assblasted iToddler

I don't even want a new phone, I hate both Android and iOS and what I *want* is Sailfish, but I'm still using my old HTC Desire.

Kill yourself.

When you get a job and don't have all day to shitpost on 4chins, you'll realize those tests are the only thing that matters to actual customers, how actual apps perform for them, not your autismo technorant.

Yeah, I suppose all benchmarks should be run like this then, right? Because it's more """accurate"""? Despite the fact that shitty benchmarks like this are extremely unreliable.

Calling bullshit on this test because my iPhone 7 loads all of these faster than iPhone 8 in that video.

People don't want to be that green bubbling faggot, so majority will still get an iPhone no matter how fast android phone is.

>unironically posting Geekbench
Might as well pull a number out of a hat.

>People don't want to be that green bubbling faggot
No one gives a shit, and I don't even own an android. This meme is one of the more retarded things that keep popping up here.

HOW FAST CAN MY PHONE LOAD AN APP!!??
Who fucking cares? This tests need to die in a fire, make a proper fucking test.

>t. assblasted iToddler mad his lagPhone trash got BTFO by a year old android phone that no one even bought

>geekbench

I actually own Z5

I don't know but Nvidia could have competed with Tegra since not only did they have the best GPU in SoC but those Denver cores had crazy single core performance.

> artificial benchmarks
It's easy to fake them, especially coming from a multi-billion dollar company

OP is comparing ARM to ARM though.

One thing that Tegra also had was insane power consumption, considering this is mobile world they would of been out competed by 3310

Because GB is closed benchmark, you have no fucking idea what GB is testing to what.

you can see there results individually to every test they do

I can see numbers but have no idea how they got there.
Trusting closed off benchmarks is like trusting people on Sup Forums

You can also see how they're all meaningless and don't translate at all to real world performance.

lagPhones can score 50% higher geekbenches and still get BTFO in real app usage by """"""slower"""""""" phones.

what about the speedtest where iPhone beat Note 8?

The true last bastion of the appletoddler.

When backed into the corner they will always pull up a comparison between their macintrash to a walmart laptop or their lagOS phone to a shamesung.

L
M
A
O

I don't own an iPhone nor am I going to own one I asked a legit question.

>legit question.
>samsung

Apple makes their own chips in house and prioritize single thread performance.
Each core is fucking massive in comparison to the Qualcomm equivalent.

Long time Android user here, I'm making the switch to the iPhone 8

I've used phones from Sansung to LG to HTC and sitting on my Nexus 6P since launch has been nothing but absolute headaches and searching forums for how to fix bug X,Y or Z.

I'm sick of these battery draining bugs, lagginess and this phone is running latest and greatest pure stock android (So over-rated). I'm sick of not being part of iMessage group chats, failing MMS messages, having to rely on 3rd party apps because the stock clock app or reminder (Keep) are just hideous. No continuity with my Macbook Pro, No first party accessories, no customer service, no store I can just walk in with a problem (Have you tried dealing with Huawei or Google? What a joke).

I can't wait till the iPhone 8 launches, I left them the same reason you did - I just simply got bored and outgrew it a while ago, I liked tweaking Android devices but now I'm a grown up with a full time job I don't care nor have the time to spend staring at my phone home screen and making it as "miniamlist" as possible. I just had to factory reset my 6P and left everything stock because I'm not bothered anymore. I just want a phone that is reliable, does the job and won't eat away at my battery making the phone obsolete after just one year of ownership.

Good bye Android was nice browsing forums trying to fix solutions for you.

Nice blog dude