Can we talk about how shitty "touchless" bathroom technology is?

Can we talk about how shitty "touchless" bathroom technology is?

>Sinks and dryers that don't even turn on half of the time
>Toilets that flush in the middle of your shit, sending fecal matter and bacteria spewing up to your ass and crotch

Why has this garbage become the standard?

to look "modern" and "advanced"

albeit, i haven't had a bad experience with any other than the dryers.

Because it's more hygienic?

You're washing your hands wrong if you need a steady stream of water to rinse them. You only need like 2 seconds of flow.

here in India, we have better toilet.. it advanced and modern too . you can drive, walk, play, do anythyng .

>I like eating shit with my hands

So you never need to touch bacteria infested handles.
Stop squirming around on the toilet like an autist and it wont flush on you, you actually managed to make the toilet think you were flailing your hands around holy shit gratz.

>Lean forward a bit
>FLUSH

k bud

>to look "modern" and "advanced"
It's actually for green/LEED certifications and general efficiency. People in public bathrooms are notoriously wasteful. Automatic tech, no matter how shitty, is still far, far more efficient than letting idiots have full control. More efficient systems also end up costing the facility less over a long period of time.

The problem with most of these systems is that, even though they have lower operating costs, they do have a rather high day 1 cost. That means facilities tend to go for the cheaper solutions.

And all solutions, whether it be the shitty one in the pic or some high end Dyson, don't perform nearly as well when it's dirty.

You gotta keep the sensor pretty fucking clean on those low end delta shits.

>You're washing your hands wrong if you need a steady stream of water to rinse them. You only need like 2 seconds of flow.
Please cut off your hands.

t. Pajeet

they're set to be sensitive to deal with niggers who can't handle themselves in public
/thread

You're washing your hands wrong if you only need like 2 seconds of flow.

>spasm in a mostly forward manner
>flush

stop it you look ridiculous

>not having your arms bright red from washing compulsively due to ocd

Dirty fucks

Kys mental illnesa

All of these automatic sensors should simply be foot pedals on the floor.
>step on pedal
>water turns on
>remove foot
>water off

>foot pedal to dispense soap
>foot pedal to flush toilet
>foot pedal to dispense paper towels
>foot pedal to open door so you don't have to touch it with your clean hands

Theres no reason not to use this.

Clean that shit, faggot.

you sound like one of those sock wearers.

also stallman would want to be able to eat off his feet.

>Theres no reason not to use this.
Other than being a relatively expensive solution. Still I fully agree with this being the superior solution.

foot pedals are annoying to install and a bitch to repair.
push-buttons or levers are the most reasonable solution.

a foot pedal is literally a lever, dumbfuck

touchless bathrooms are the cheapest tech because are created by ghost companies with low R&D. You need ask to Googles and Apples make better "touchless bathroom"

No need for foot pedal for soap.
>but i dont want to touch dirty soap dispenser button
Nigga, YOU WASHING YO HANDS AFTA.

a long lever which has to reach exactly to the mounting point on the floor vs. a lever which just hangs in the air and only needs enough clearance.
you install something which has to fit several fixed attachments points on different surfaces. hint: it's a bitch.

>Theres no reason not to use this.
expensive installation
occupies physical space
wire connection needs to be run from the pedal to the sink
wire can be broken
mechanical wear causes it to need repairs
People rub the dirt from their shoes against the pedal, this accumulates over time and some fuck needs to clean it
women in high heels will have problems using them

The only benefit is that it's more comfortable to use, but corporations don't care about that

Also, since it's right under a sink, it needs to be waterproofed. While also allowing moving parts.
Waterproofing and moving parts kind of excludes each other.
Moving parts can cause the seal to degrade over time and cause it to no longer be waterproof, resulting in a short circuit which can be pretty dangerous when connected to a sink.

>overthinking some simple fucking set of stainless steel pulleys

Are you guys literally retarded?

I'm pretty sure they are.

There's a tap in my university I try to use after a lecture, and the sun shines exactly on it. It just messes up the sensor and it's impossible to use.

The motion sensors on sinks usually works, I haven't seen one that didn't yet.
It is very practical for that sort of thing.
The flush on a toilet is not necessary, I agree.
It is not "standard" though.

As much as people worry about faucet bacteria, there is no evidence that it is as disgusting as people think.

contraptions which are great in theory often suck in practice. a bitch to install, a bitch to maintain, a bitch to clean.

>touching something a literal stinky shitskin negro touched
>not disgusting

What?

>pulleys
>in a public bathroom
somebody is going to shit on it and then have fun cleaning to shit out of rollers and braided cables.

Dude what the fuck? Is just some fucking pieces of metal put together.

I mean, we fucking use firearms which are 100 times more complex, and they're fucking user serviceable and cleanable. And we can't fucking take care of 4 steel sticks?

>mfw my friend always has his hand sanitizer at the ready
>mfw he has digestive issues and other health problems
>mfw I just wash my hands when they're dirty or after I shit and have no health issues
coincidence?

I live in a civilized country.

I thought that too
>waiting to get into restaurant water closet yesterday
>white man comes out after 10 minutes in the room
>walk in, no shit smell
>look in, he just wanked it and didn't flush
he was with his wife and kids earlier, maybe he was blueballing on a vacation?

Hand washers with these sensors always work for me.
They really shouldn't be on shittoilets though.
Main reason if you ask me is because people kept leaving them on.

I guess this is the correct thread to ask this: why are bidets not commonly (or rather, very rarely) used in North America? Washing your anus with soap and water after defecation is much more sanitary than simply wiping with toilet paper.

How do you leave a toilet on?

>touching your anus at all

We aren't homosexuals here, in 'murica, sissy boy.

Its entirely a cultural thing. I have a bidet in my home and use it after every movement. Nothing feels better than being clean.

I have never used a bidet but I have a gut feeling that having water shot at my asshole would feel similar to splashback (unpleasant)