Download videos with cclive

Why are you not using cclive to download videos user? Can download from youtube and other websites too.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wCzwyGUN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because youtube-dl works just fine.

You should try cclive user

This

>last version 2013
Go away.

fpbp /thread

>youtube-dl
>cclive

last releast 2013-11-23
does it even work nowadays? Youtube used to break youtube-dl every other week so updates were necessary...

You mean this

Advertising is against Sup Forums's rules

Or you mean this

Could be wrong, but isn't python required for youtube-dl?

youtube-dl
PreDepends: dpkg
dpkg:i386
Depends: python3-pkg-resources
Depends:
python3:i386
python3
|Recommends: aria2
|Recommends: wget
wget:i386
Recommends: curl
curl:i386
Recommends: ca-certificates
|Recommends: ffmpeg
ffmpeg:i386
Recommends: libav-tools
|Recommends: mpv
mpv:i386
Recommends: mplayer
mplayer:i386
Recommends: rtmpdump

I recognize most of these programs, so youtube-dl is mostly a wrapper. How does it scrape websites? I don't see something for that in there.

Curl wget

I use youtube-dl and a ruby script that rips the new videos off specified channels in a Cron job that runs every hour
Ruby and Python
Together
Forever

Sorry I meant link scanner

kek, very nice

Also for those of you who don't know about youtube-viewer it's a great utility that lets you search youtube without a browser.

Got a hard time installing dependencies. I am new to Perl. Did you compile it? Please share steps if you did.

Nope sorry. Its on the official arch repos.

>installing sketchy software that does god knows what (inb4 i manually inspected the source code)
>muh leet hacker command line shit
>not just downloading through a website

Is on the debian repos, and is officially supported. Fite me.

>Running sketchy proprietary JavaScript that God knows what does (inb4 I manually inspec... Oh wait nevermind)
>Muh Google Chrome (tm)
>Not just using your own computer to download things

>website forces to convert it to shit lossy mp3 instead of downloading whatever youtube serves

lol

>implying
Every decent site lets you download the original files straight from youtube. It's in their interest to not waste more bandwidth than necessary.

>implying
Because ads don't exist.

>implying they put ads inside mp3s
Well, maybe they do. I'm not retarded enough to download transcodes, so I wouldn't know.

>implying you get best resolution

What about JDownloader

Is retty good software, give it a chance user.

Streamlink is better

What dependencies does that need?

pajeet please leave

JDownloader is good and can scrape more than just videos, a bit heavy on resources, also written in Java. I prefer something written on C/C++.

For a moment I though you say Streamripper, another stream catcher.

because youtube-dl is better than your abandone ware

so you gonna teach this brainlet and give the code or what

How does YouTube dl work? Why cant I directly download from inspect element?

>Why cant I directly download from inspect element?
That is weird. My guess youtube-dl crawls for links and is using internals for that, no calling an external command. And in that it won't accept a single document as a link, maybe.

meh sure. but only cause the original author took down the documentation
pastebin.com/wCzwyGUN
put this in a file called .youtube-rss-dl.rb in the folder you want your downloads to go. comment out the specified line for the first run (otherwise it will download the fifteen latest videos from each channel)

install ruby of course. and install the simple-rss and youtube-dl.rb gems then simply run the program with ruby .youtube-rss-dl.rb.
You'll probably want to set it on a cron job too, which isnt too hard to figure out with some searching...

oh and you also need ffmpeg and atomicparsley for some encoding stuff

nice