/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE
>Watch Essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geckota-Genuine-Handmade-Italian-Leather-Watch-Strap-18-20-22-24mm-SALE-PRICE/301869846556
instagram.com/p/BZeZPpqnRE3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>starting off with a shitter

I'm getting a job as a driver of nice cars.

I was looking for a watch because I use a trusty 5610 g-shock and it would be unfit for my job.

I have an amphibia but I cannot trust it's accuracy, so I was looking into this one that is solar and has multi band 6.

Thoughts?

Why does it look like a ROLEX Milgauss?

GAY

Pure coincidence

>spending thousands on a watch when a simple €5 is just as accurate

Consider the Casio Lineage LIW-T100TD-1AJF as well, as it doesn't have the anadigi look.

Thanks. That's similar in function to a gw-4000-1aer I have.

The problem with that one is the hideous crown with all the city designations, precisely because it lacks a screen.

Non-screen casios can be a nightmare to use, I figured the other one, while having a screen (that could have been reversed black) , could be easier and more to the point.

I'm in my twenties so I'm also trying to avoid watches that would seem unfit for someone as young as me, I think brushed metal looks more "modern"

Rolex stole the design and passed it off as their own.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geckota-Genuine-Handmade-Italian-Leather-Watch-Strap-18-20-22-24mm-SALE-PRICE/301869846556

Is this one piece leather? It seems to have thin layers on top tho. Should I buy or not? Better alternatives?

Should I get bull bars? And can someone explain to me the benifits and appeal of NATO straps?

Is this a good deal for 90€?
I'm not a big fan of the square one

Nevermind, I found the one I like.

>Only sold in Japan

Why are japs such cunts?

Is rakuten reliable?

pic

>And can someone explain to me the benifits and appeal of NATO straps?
It's just customization for looks.

Why did you get the ugliest fucking g?

You should get another one

Rakuten is just light Amazon in the sense that it's a platform for sellers. If you're not on Rakuten Global though, you'll need to hire a proxy service just like you would with something like Taobao or Yahoo.jp.

>Negative display

No

Lurk more.

Also that model stands out like shit because it's fucking tall and ugly, the 5610 is superior. Some even measure the tides and moon as well, but it's a meme shit tier function anyways.

Like, not light.
God I'm going fucking insane I swear.

That model is multiband 5 and won't sync from the NA atomic clock.

Okay so what's up with all the Dolce posting I've been seeing for the last week or so? Are they genuinely really good quartz watches or is it just some advanced meming that I haven't caught on to?

I believe it's the least expensive thermocomensated quartz movement watch on the market.

What's wrong with negative displays?

It's cheap and I wear it for outdoor activities, I also don't like the look of the square ones. I might get a frogman or something in the future.

Normies pwning redditors once again. Fucking numale cuck

>I'll probably stop wearing it to the office though
kek what a twat

Honestly I would have just said that it's no more a Nazi watch than Volkswagen is a Nazi car, Leica or Zeiss are Nazi cameras, or Chanel or Boss is a Nazi clothing brand. Is he really afraid that he'll get fired for wearing a flieger styled watch or some shit?

>implying negitiave displays are bad
I really like mine, you can hardly notice the solar panels around the outside of the watch.

TRIGGERED

Gonna pull the trigger on this

Do it user, it's worth it.

Don't do it, user, it's not worth it

Wow, amazing piece right here. Never seen anything would like this. I would wear this even if I still identified as a man.

instagram.com/p/BZeZPpqnRE3/

On the gun that will fire the bullet in your scull? Good choice faggot

>neither show any arguments
kek

SKX is the only cheap, respectable shitter to the average Rolex wearer

Post your soviet watches /wt/ and rate.

Welcome to Sup Forums

Left or right?

Right a thousand times

That's really cool. Still hate that brand but that is really interesting interaction.

The two on the right are Soviet, the other ones Russian.

>mfw I even paid 50€ more for the SARB a year ago and have barely worn it since.
I wish I knew about vintage Omegas back then

Literally a good choice.

Pobead looks to be in nice condition, do you give it a lot of wrist time?

Is the Kirova 100% Poljot, or one of the post-death, half-German/Chink ones?

What model number is this? I was eyeing a nice vintage constellation on Ebay, but this might be worth a look, too.

Left because I don't really like the lugs on that Omega and don't see the point in a vintage Geneve without the 56x/75x movement.

Honestly I've never worn it outside, it sits in the box every single day.

The Kirova is a special edition form 2007, just before the existence of Volmax. In case you are interested I'm selling it for 280€.

Just look for Omega Genève 1012 on eBay and this case will pop up every now and then, I don't remeber the reference number but it won't be helpful for you since eBay sellers usually just list them as vintage Omega.

you know any normie not into watches thinks seiko is shit right? you ever hear the Nas line?

"The last one left, let my cash invest in stock
Came a long way from blastin' TEC's on blocks
Went from Seiko to Rolex, owning acres
From the projects with no chips, to large cake dough"

I literally was just telling someone to buy a sarb because they didnt want to spend a lot on a watch right now and his exact response was "I don't want a fucking Seiko". he doesn't know a lot about watches but most people don't.

And I think they're also the cheapest watch to have Seiko's anti-scratch coating. Plus, it's a classic dress watch: ridiculously thin and way smaller than the average, something you don't see much of.

Seiko shitters are for shitter bland japanese execs and office wageslaves.

They literally take massive efforts to never stand out in any way and the Seiko is perfect for that.

Omega 100% nicer

Not really my style, and I'm building my own 3133 right now.

This, I won't buy a Seiko for this same reason anymore.
At least Citizen usually has less bland jap-wageslave-tier designs.

Jesus Christ that looks horrible. Are you going deep sea diving or do you just need to compensate?

>do you just need to compensate
Kek are you projecting, Seiko bitchboi?

I don't even have a Seiko, and I don't plan on getting one.
I don't see how a Seiko would be compensating either, they're all around 40mm and relatively subtle - contrary to that abomination.

Holy shit, the Dolce has diashield? I didn't know that. That's one hell of a value then.

>Reddit spacing
>Blatant shitposting
(You)

That watch is an abomination. Citizen's entire watch design staff should be ritually crucified.

Do you have the same model?

Can't be seen for shit.

That model has a very wide separation between screen and glass. The reflections on the glass and the big distance make that model shit with a negative display

Which model would you recommend instead?

solar 6900

8900 (make sure to get the solar AND multi band 6)

Thanks I'll look into them

If you're in yurop and dont mind second hand I have a GR-8900-1 (NOT multi band 6) for sale

It has an extra black bezel insert

why don't you get one that's not ugly?

It's second or third on my list.

I dont like the lack of lume on the 6

The other one is blue and has red, russian colors

The no-date seems like a waste to me, seeing that all have date just not always displayed

I believe it is one piece yes, I have one on my SARB and one on my Zeppelin. They are very good straps.

Any opinions on Garmin 5S

42mm

>every German during WW2 was a Nazi
A lot of the regular armed forces (outside the hard-core SS regiments) weren't Nazis. They were just regular soldiers, sailors & airmen. It's not a Nazi watch, it's just a German pilot's watch.

fucking pussies

BUY IT BECOME AN SLAVE

No I have a negative display protrek.
You implied all negitiave displays are bad. More than easy enough to read imo, have had no issues so far. At night or in low light the tilt-light kicks in so I guess that low light could be an issue but the design of the watch circumvents that.

thats a nice "nos' franken watch ive been looking to pick one up but the fucking lying Ukrainians want too much money for them.

right no question.

i had that stupid fucking watch.

You fucking vain, sad person. GTFO of here if you think any of us who seriously post on here care about vanity and what other people, especially normies, think about what we own or wear.

You legit sound like a female crying about how her husband buying her a VW instead of an Audi

Lovely, how much did it cost you?

Got mine for 20 bucks

>stupid fucking watch
It's bretty good, no complaints. Decent cheap solar ABC.
Actually 1 complaint the temperature reading is always way off because it's pretty much reading the temp of your skin. Everything else seems to work like a charm.

I appreciate the flower, but I take issue with the jewles.

>Listening to nigger music
Also, what the fuck are you talking about?

This AE1200 is fun.

I did not mistype that i had one. You can calibrate the temperature I just realized you'd on't need fucking anything on the watch but the time. I wore it on a trip i took around the world. It was super uncomfortable after a day of wear.

My friend has so many Rolexes, today we had an argument where he thought I was fucking with him because I asked him why he doesn't wear one of them I liked anymore. He must have fucking lost it when he got drunk because he now claims he never had that one.

I was giving someone watch advice. They originally wanted to buy a Rolex but discovered the prices shot up in the past ten years and they just had a kid. I recommended a bunch of good watches under 1k. When i brought up Seiko i got the typical normie response that they are shit. Its just ingrained in most peoples minds that they are shit. I also brought up a pop culture reference to Seiko as an exhibit of what a generation of people think about seiko.

What? I don't care at all it was in response to
>SKX is the only cheap, respectable shitter to the average Rolex wearer

I just shared a recent experience i had with a non watch person when i brought seiko up. I recommended the watch how could you apply those things to me? I swear to god have you fucks are bat shit insane.

>not listening to NAS
>2017

What a dotard

>the typical normie response that they are shit
Again, what are you talking about? Maybe your friend is just a retard.

Where are you fucks finding these for 20 bucks? Ive been looking for months.

>taking macho posturing rap seriously