One of the shittiest memes ever.

No.

Member 4K TVS?

Middle America does

Not really, they support 120hz refresh.

60hz*2 refresh rate you meant

one of the saddest tech memes in a long time

I've always wanted one

Did you have to wear glasses all of the time? This sounds retarded.

I don't think you always had to. They had an option to turn it off I think.

I use a 3d vizio as my main monitor.

Yeah, I used to have one back at home. It's nothing special really, you get used to the 3D effect after a while. And it's uncomfortable having to wear glasses on top of glasses.

I'm browsing Sup Forums on one right now

Checked. Im viziofag, what exactly do you have user

> tfw dad falls for every single tech meme despite my warnings
> he bought a 3d "smart" tv
> he bough 3d glasses that you had to recharge (literally all they did was turn on and off)
> he bought iot garage door openers and lightbulbs
> bought a touch screen laptop I've never seen him use
> upgraded to windows 10 "for free" and complains about updates
> still buys cable tv and can't comprehend why I don't even own a tv in my house

Two 60hz displays. Not like anything on a TV plays at more than 24-30 FPS anyway

Why does everyone always bring up 3D TVs?
Yes I remember them. What's the fucking point?

you're way off base on this one fella

>I don't even own a tv in my house
fuckin' loooooooser!

and this insult is from someone that uses their tv for MAYBE and hour a day.
why do you ask?
because im not a poor fuck.

Oh I 'member.

'Member VR?

Still have it, nice refresh rate on it.

I don't watch TV either. I still have a TV in both my living rooms and each of the bedrooms including the guest room. Why? Because I am an adult and am fairly social. I'll often have family / friends over whom will stay the weekend. Some of them have kids and such.

What do you do when hosting more guests than you can really interact with at once, user?

Ask a former best buy TV salesman anything

>Watching TV when you're a guest.

Are Americans really this autistic?

>Some of them have kids and such.
Kids especially shouldn't watch TV more than very occasionally.

remember VR?

Who else still /HDready/ here?

Remember it? How could I forget when I get to fug Miku whenever I want using my Vive and puni ana DX hip?

I regret nothing and am more than ready and willing to buy the next Vive with a 4k+ resolution screen.

>Watching TV when you're a guest.
While I entirely agree with you...
>Are Americans really this autistic?
Yes, many of them absolutely are. I refrain from stating so when they're related or associated with friends etc.

>Kids especially shouldn't watch TV more than very occasionally.
Yeah... I'm not sure where you live, but in the three countries I've spent fair parts of my life in, kids watch far too much TV. Whether you're in the US, Germany or Japan.

>buy things you don't need because if you don't you're poor

wut

I do, it's $1000 of plastic in a drawer that's been collecting dust for about a year.

I'm glad the internet/webshops make salesman obsolete. Better products & better price for consumers.

paid only 400 for my paper weight

I thought the DK2 was so neat and then I bought the Vive meme....

Do they really?

Surprisingly Best Buy has managed to to increase profits. They offer price matching with Amazon, Walmart, ect.

Best Buy makes all their profit from warranties + accessories. TV's are normally sold for loss or even at best.

I have geeksquad protection on all of my playstation gear.

But... how do you convince girls to come over and spend an hour on a small couch in your cold basement with a warm blanket conveniently placed there that you'll have to share and get close under then eventually bang? How does Netflix and chill even work if you don't have a TV?

I use my vive pretty often, why don't you guys?

We snuggle together behind my Thinkpad.

Then you're basically giving Best Buy money.

I don't have a dedicated space for it, even though the trackers are mounted on the wall. I have to pull everything out, plug it in, move furniture, constantly wipe the foggy lenses until they warm up to my body temperature, and then enjoy the 10 minutes of play I get before a kid starts bothering me. Too much trouble.

don't really play games now, not sure why i got in with the sale 2bqh.

Who the hell buys these four thousand dollar monitors.

I don't know, I take my mac in there for a checkup every 6 months or so and it only costs $250.

>only $250
That's how much i paid for my W520

>I'm intentionally being obtuse

So better to buy TV without fucking extra warranties & accessories you can get cheaper elsewhere. (stuff salesmen would try to sell you badly)

Yes exactly. If you go and only buy a TV you'll get a good a deal as anywhere (maybe better than anywhere else if you wait in line on black friday). But if i remember correctly, the TV mounts at Best Buy were marked up by like a factor of 4 compared to Amazon (and these can't be price matched because they are Best Buy specific suppliers)

It's like this: You just spend 2k on a TV, you might as well buy the $250 ($50 value) mount to go with it.