How long since you last clean up, Sup Forums?

How long since you last clean up, Sup Forums?

I have no idea, but the dust looks ancient.

is that Acropolis?

Last week for the first time in 5 years. No more screaming sounds from my CPU fan when it goes past 80% usage

Werkfags don't know the struggles of laziness

last weekend
no more jet engine under my desk

I'm approaching two years on my cpu thermal paste. Should I change it?

I clean when it looks dusty in there with no of those mini air guns.

almost a year now, I got headphones on 90% of the time so I can't hear my nuclear reactor of a laptop making noise

Yesterday. Time before that was like a year ago

if you used decent paste it'll last at least another several years. The main reason to re-paste is if you have to take the HSF off.

OEM machines of course don't use decent paste, they use that shitty zinc oxide stuff that dries out in a year or two. Mainly because ZnO paste is like eight cents a gallon.

about a year. i opened it up last week to put some fans in and it wasn't really that dusty so i didn't bother cleaning it

What cases do you guys have?

>Fractal Design Define S

4 days ago the computer of my father
chainsmoker indoors
never got cleaned.

Fractal Define Mini C

more recent than yourself good sir

Never. I'll do it this weekend I guess

like a year because i use decmiflex filters on every vent including the rear

Nearly a week ago
Tfw this started to happen because of my new Toshiba hdd

Yeah it is good paste. I built the pc myself. I think it was MX-4 I used.

I redo my thermal paste every night at 9 pm and every other day at 6 am so every other day I do it twice

corsair 700D
>the only reason i have a case this big was because it was cheaper than its midtower counterpart

A month

Don't clean, i apparently voided my warranty when i blasted my pc with a compressor nothing went broken but a year later my pcu went up in flames and according to them it was caused by me.

>ancient ruins of asus
Before somebody posts it

Too long, I am planning to clean before winter though.

About seven hours ago when I was installing my shiny new 1080 Ti. Blew everything out with compressed air, wiped down the fan blades and vacuumed the dust filters.

>I'm approaching two years on my cpu thermal paste. Should I change it?

I removed my cooler for the first time in a couple of years recently and the MX-2 underneath was as good as the day I applied it. No sign of it drying out whatsoever. As long as you didn't use complete garbage, it should be fine for a long time to come.

I bought my first mechanical keyboard more than a year ago and never cleaned it. I will do it tomorrow!

Looks more like Luxor to me.

>not putting fresh toothpaste on your CPU every time you brush your teeth

i could probably make sandwitches for the developers our try finding missing semicolons
any dev from germany?

It's been two years since I built my computer and there's very little dust in it.
I guess the dust filters and the positive air pressure meme did work in the end.

I have 6 year old thermal paste... Works fine

6 days

I clean my devices yearly, working like new, 9yo machine here.

Keyboards should get a deep cleaning yearly.

Cleaned the keyboard on ky 5 year old laptop for the first time last month. Found enough hair to put cousin it from the adams family to shame.

2 weeks
temps went down 5-10 degrees on full load
feels good

I actually cleaned up the pc a bit last sunday, although it did not help temps. I suspect that perhaps I need to reapply the thermal pasts, as the gpu is 5-10 C higher than what I remember.

last month, i was swapping out my low profile cpu cooler from when I was using one of those slimline itx cases to an old CM hyper tx3 from an old core 2 duo machine I found in the loft

Define R5

>prebuilt

Around 3 months.
>tfw you wanted to buy a better heatsink but you don't want to go trough the hassle of installation again

hah, that looks like a paper muffin form you left to rot

kek

Exactly
Im using stock cooler for my 3570k and wanted to get hyper evo so that i can OC but i don't want to change back plate and all that shit

wow the effort

I actually cleaned it recently. But oh boy, am I afraid to clean up my keyboard.

i have case air filters, i don't care. once per year i open it up and blow inside, this little transparent layer made of small bits is usually there.

case air filters are the best

I'm going to repaste my CPU. It's been so long I forgot how much to use. Is it just one droplet in the center or a little more than that?

Can you clean membrane keyboards ?
Im using $10 dell keyboard and has been working fine for more than 5 years. I don't like that tack-tack loud mechanical ones

rosewill thor v2 (white)

Mine is a membrane keyboard and I certainly cleaned it just fine before.
For mine it goes like this:
screw off the back, pop out the keys one by one wih a flathead screwdriver or something and disassemble the rest.

I don't live in squalor, so i haven't had to dust out my case in ages. When I rebuilt my PC, I took the radiator out ant there was hardly any dust in it.

Watch the MSI instructional video. They do it pretty well.

Sounds like too much work and carefulness, I'll pass on that

I don't remember. I just wipe the dust filters.

Define R4.

No way. If you replace it your temps should go down by 5 or more degrees.

Like a month. Had to open the case up and replace the CPU heatsink when the closed loop water coolers pump blew up, cleaned the thing up at the same time.

Two months.

Literally like the other day, was moving out and figured it was time.

Remainder to buy a decent case with good filter's.
I have to clean out my case nearly every 3-6 months since my carpeted room is a dust breading ground. The case only has flimsy sheet of metal mesh covering the PSU and top of the case.
Any tip's to reduce dust build up?

>How long since you last clean up, Sup Forums?
About a year.

Most cabinets are designed to suck dust bunnies off the floor. Thus raising the computer 10 cm above the floor helps enormously and there is hardly ever a need to clean the insides.

It's been 3 years .I keep my case open too.

A couple months ago. I delidded my 4770k because the temps were nonsense. Usually, I just vacuum the case filters and wipe it down though. This case doesn't build up junk on the inside like my old ones used to.

The other day actually, laptop made an awful sound when the fan span up and I could not feel much air coming out the back.

Took the back plate off and gate it a good blow (whilst holding the fan so it didn't spin) and some massive chunks of dust/lint flew out. Then I gave it a close inspection with a flashlight and the fins appear free from dust now.

Its been fine ever since and I can actually feel the hot air exhausting now.

>and gate it a good blow
gave*

Who cares? 5 degrees is not much... I'll do it if I smell burned plastic

once across

I seriously thought that was a picture of a fossil in the thumbnail.

Probably half a year,.
I don't even know anymore.

Positive pressure fan setup and filter on fan intake.

>hellmans

I'm using the based Corsair 300R

>tower on carpet
this triggers me

Can't decide to get a new desk to put the machine on or a 1080p screen, I actually care about this pc compared to my old one.

Pretty long time ago.

what? Do people do this? Won't that just make it slower or possibly not work at all?

No, people don't do this, pins on the back of a chip do get some heat to them, but they'll never get hot enough to melt or get burnt out unless you're running a super high voltage, but even then the chip would still die before the pins get damaged.

Reminds me of my old cum rag.

LOL WHAT

HOW does that even happen, they can fester in fucking fans? While spinning? Honestly incredible

It's a piece of shit palit so the fan probably broke anyway.

Idk, my h100 is idling at like 45c, i should probably get some more canned air

Damn user, you need dis.