Why do Eastern Europeans put carpets on their walls?

Why do Eastern Europeans put carpets on their walls?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagiellonian_tapestries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryijy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It gets -30° in winter and all they got is a thin, crumbling concrete wall.
What do you think?

Turkish influence.

mongols did it

Because they can walk on those.

Only Russians, Ukrainians and Belarussians do it. Because of heavy Turco-Mongol influence. I'm not memeing. It's oriental tradition.

this
In Turkmenistan for example it's required to have a portrait of the president in your house in front of a carpet on a wall.

It's not a "tradition" per se, they were used in USSR as an isolation material because all walls were sound-conductive as hell. Nobody in new houses puts carpets on the walls. But since most people still live in Soviet commieblocks, it's still a common thing there.

Because they can breed mits on it

Yes this, there is a saying from ussr "The walls have ears."

We used to do that too. IDK why. Maybe to isolate cold comes from wall.

for /comfy/ness

>commieblocks
we have same shit here no wall carpets though

Maybe carpets weren't sold in Communist Poland, I don't know. Soviet Russia obviously had more exchange with countries like Azerbaijan and Tajikistan where those carpets were made.

Stop acting like "We're Europeans and not related to the Russian" thing. Seriously! You don't have the same cold you idiot. Just think before you act like "we're better". Fuck the Polish inferiority complex. Seriously! Russians fucked you in the ass many times and get over it please. They're better without licking the western lord's asses.

I don't know why but it look pretty comfy, adds a nice comfy feeling to the wall

That's a touching family reunion.

Suck a dick turkroach.

We don't have anything to prove, we were in Latin civilization before Turks and Russians created any form of country

>we wuz latinz n sheeit

it's true though

>We wuz latinz

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

only eastern slavs do this though

Latin architecture, latin religion, latin traditions.

??

Again
>Latin

Okay, fucking western. Made a mistake there.

Latin = Western anyway

You can't roach this shit up, because it's true. It's also the main reason Poland uses the Latin alphabet instead of Cyrillic.

Nah, we had some carpets back then I guess
phew, those roaches are hell more active when it is hot

I don't speak to the monkeys sorry.

>KEK ROACH AHAHA I SAID ROACH HE IS OFFENDED
Sorry mate I don't care what WW2 whores said. You may be put the russian dick out but the german dick inside your mouth still.

The main reason p*les use latin instead of superior Cyrillic is that they're inherently cucks and afraid of building their own civilization

But we build our own civilization when you fucked each other on steppes, you fucking peasant nigger.

That's why ruskieshits felt so inferior to Ist Rzeczpospolita. We never too advanced for you scum.

>as an isolation material
it's not, and now carpets mostly disappeared even in commieblocks. I live in a commieblock and in 90s we had carpets on the walls, ofcourse I don't have these now on the walls, but I like carpets on a floor. It was some soviet-culture thing, some decoration quite likely inherited from Asian cultures.

>Look i am 12 years old and have no argue.

because the carpets where used earlier to isolate heat in the house
and now its culture

>arguing with a roach
roach please

OK, what do you want to argue about, roach?
>You don't have the same cold
Oh yes we do, roach

>butthurt Polack ruins the thread

hello marcel

>That's why ruskieshits felt so inferior to Ist Rzeczpospolita.
Kek, Polish untermensch thinks someone feel inferior to them

tak polaczku to ja
a teraz wypierdalaj i przestań zasmiecać freda swoim bólem dupy

do not bother, he is an idiot, same as that roach we have in here

posting mine

There's literally nothing wrong about putting carpets on your wall 2bh

ROACHRAGE

shoo!

Polish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagiellonian_tapestries

Finnish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryijy

Because they are half arabian and half gypsy

Because they like yarak.

no
Latin = Latin
ie:Portugal, Spain, Italy, France
and maybe, if you really want to stretch it Romania

>Because they are half arabian and half gypsy
Wow
are you Sicilian or something breh? I know they don't teach you too much is schools down there but I wasn't expecting this kind of ignorance