MacOS High Sierra

It just werks!

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/macos-10-13-high-sierra-the-ars-technica-review/7/#h1

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/password-theft-0day-imperils-users-of-high-sierra-and-earlier-macos-versions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did Apple not delay the release if the UI rendering manager is this buggy?

What do McToddlers do on their computer if they have no OS and no video games?

>more buggy than KDE

And no dragon to fuck.

>Your Windows machine can't do THIS!

Because Lord Steve is dead and nobody is there anymore to kick their asses when they do shit like that.

They show them to each other and then stick their dicks in each others' butts by the light of the glowing Apple logos on their Macs.

real shit like programming. literally, all you fags do is compile kernels and shit on each others to feel superior about living in your basements.i do not say this with hatred, just with pity.

who /noproblems/ here

How do you program when your desktop compositing is beyond broken as evident from OP?

Ten4life

>bashing beta software for bugs

its pottery.

just wait until they fix that shit on the previous version, its not like they are gonna drop support for it until they fix the new shit. kek

>look I can make a new graphics renderer that's still in beta glitch out if I take some specific steps to try to break it
>haha wow that means all of desktop compositing is broken

Steve Jobs would never have allowed such a travesty out the door in a release version of an OS. And yes if they're putting it up as a thing you download from the app store and not through some early access beta program, it's not beta.

Under Jobs, beta software would be either an optional thing you can download after you have the OS, or would be tested in-house past what they've done here. It certainly would never be included in this state on an OS install, even as an option you turn on manually.

Face it, Apple is in decline and hasn't been the same since Jobs died.

Not you!
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/password-theft-0day-imperils-users-of-high-sierra-and-earlier-macos-versions/

>unsigned third party software

aka requires you to install random malware from somewhere on the web
its nothing

Relying on the virus scanner on the app store to weed out anything that would exploit your full of holes OS is not sustainable.

Besides this is a desktop OS, not something you have to jailbreak to install anything not found in a walled garden app store.

>Relying on the virus scanner on the app store to weed out anything that would exploit your full of holes OS is not sustainable.
Gee, it sure is hard to not purposefully download and install malware.

Wait until people start embedding it in other apps and not labeling it as malware.

I thought there were no viruses on Macs, and that's why you should pay $2,500 for one.

no problems here. guessing these graphical glitches are more easily replicabtable on older systems using nvidia hardware. shouldn't effect most mac users though using intel hd

>had to skip to page 7 of the review to find something bad to say

damn....apple on suicide watch...

how often do you intentionally run unsigned code downloaded off the net on your mac? it's the same bullshit as on the PC. use some goddamn commonsense

Anyone uses hackintosh?
How's the upgrade?

I haven't used a Mac in a while, but when I did, plenty of times.

because you're a fucking idiot, son.

I bought a general purpose loadable-program computer, not a locked down walled garden content consumption device, so I'm goddamn well going to load programs on it.

what part of "common fucking sense" do you fail to understand

I do use common sense, and I didn't get any viruses on my Mac. However that isn't an excuse for leaving major security holes in an OS.

most people don't even use the feature the exploit targets, fucking useless

Most people don't use Keychain?
...excuse me?

nope

Where are app passwords stored? Where are Safari remembered passwords stored? Where are wifi passwords stored? Where are the current user login credentials stored?

my physical notepad? and my KeePassX? i dunno dude u tell me

Most people don't use those, they just click the remember password in their web browser.

Which in Safari on a Mac stores it in Keychain, no?

I'm not sure, i just use firefox nightly on mac

ayy son

How did you install this on your Mac? Is it in the app store?

You also use sudo or enter your admin password to authorize system changes, right? Guess what facility that goes through.

there is NO WAY this exploit can get your local pc password used to verify changes and/or to log in.

>destroyed retard tries to move the goal post

waht does that mean? owo

This is a problem if you have a company that uses things like Jamf or Munki to install and update the applications on the employees macs.
As per usual the macs userbase is stay at home moms and bloggers. Apple does not care about the poweruser. the only poweruser that can use it in a good way is the webdeveloper because 90% of the advanced stuff is done on a Linux/Windows server somewhere else and the Mac is just used as a modern "dumb terminal" and could easily be replaced with a Chromebook.

This is why Apple will never gain more than 10-15% of the world market!
Computers are used at companies and Apple hates companies!

Regardless, if malware can use this to extract stored app login passwords or browser saved passwords, that's pretty damn serious.

alright then go fix it urself :V

Even if all of Keychain is open source and I can build my own and get my system to use it, I shouldn't need to do so. This is a security component of a flagship product of a billion dollar global corporation, not some hobby project some hobbyist is doing in his free time.

What glowing logos?

So true

On the back of the screen. Does that not still light up?

If not, they done fucked up.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro that just got the update. It's causing all kinds of problems where I have to relaunch Finder just like they described, except I don't get what's in that pic. It won't let me open folders or mount physical drives like my flash drive or external backup disks. This is fucking cancer.

Now I have to spend an hour later today restoring from a backup.

Hello paid shill. I currently have my Mac booting a Fedora live DVD because OS X is unstable trash. It's almost as bad as Windows at this point.

He boots into single user mode and uses nano like a cuck.

>"i-i-t's b-beta software!"
The only thing beta here is you guys. That was an official release.

>Does that not still light up?
Not in the new ones. They made them so retardedly thin that the logo was shining through the display in prototypes. It's just retarded at this point.

its a feature you fuck

not only are you wrong, you're also incredibly retarded for using a subpar unix-like operating system "for programming" when linux exists

macOS High Sierra, now with Epilepsy Tester beta. Apple has courageously branched out into the medical field and is now offering a beta of this innovative medical software free of charge with every High Sierra upgrade.

>subpar unix-like operating system
B-but... macOS **IS** UNIX. Linux is the UNIX-like environment.

>macOS **IS** UNIX
Not him but I'd like to point out that despite Posix certification, poll() has been broken since Mavericks. Their kernel is also a piece of shit that's hacked together by a bunch of hipsters in Commiefornia.

This!
Macfags absokutely btfoed 4ever!

MacOS doesn't have this problem.

Yeah, he dealt with antenna gate like the saviour of customers. :^)

Upgrading now lads, wish me luck.

It's important for Apple to show their customers how little they care about them.

inb4 IT'S ASS AND POO HOW DO I UNDO THIS

Estimated time 23 minutes so we'll see.

For now I'm on my Thinkpad watching, it's probably rebooted 4-5 times already during the install process. I have an SSD so I think it did the conversion to the new filesystem automatically.

OK I'm back, it installed and so far no graphics glitches. Seems to be acting normally otherwise, I can mount media just fine and what not.