Why do slavs pretend they're so mysterious...

Why do slavs pretend they're so mysterious? Every thread on /lit/ about something like Gogol or Dostoyevski or whatever some slav always show up going on about how "non-slavs will never possibly understand".
Literally no other nationalities ever does this with their respective works of art.

You're not that special. Not that hard to figure out.
Damn, slavs, check yoselfs.

You'll never understand, because you're not a slav

lel

I dunno about that, for example I can't comprehend what's it like to be American

Oh yeah? Well you will never EVER understand Yung Lean.
ONLY SWEDES CAN BE SAD BOIS
FOREIGNERS CAN NEVER INTO LEAN AESTHETICZ

it's because the explanation is beyond the scope of the language
these things happen often, at least they say it truthfully

Yeah well maybe it's time then. Pynchon, Melville, Faulkner, Delillo, Heller, Lovecraft and so on, are now off limits to the rest of you savages.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Pynchon, Melville, Faulkner, Delillo, Heller, Lovecraft and so on, are now off limits to the rest of you savages.
And literally nothing was lost.

Start the "only scands will understand" meme then.

I would claim Dutch lit for ourselves, if only there was something worth claiming.

only scands understand lonliness

Because slavic languages are totally opposite of germanic ones. You cant write things in english as you would in slav language

Have fun reading nothing but My Struggle.
[spoiler]That's not even Swedish though[/spoiler]

>totally opposite
No they're not, it all comes from the same root.
You can't write things in English as you would in German or French either. All use different grammar systems.

Jeez, kid calm down. Only retards listen his shit anyway

> Every thread on /lit/ about something like Gogol or Dostoyevski or whatever some slav always show up going on about how "non-slavs will never possibly understand".

> some slav
you mean "some russian"?

> "non-slavs will never possibly understand".
...because other nations have different mentality and different history?

>...because other nations have different mentality and different history?

It's not like you can't understand the culture of a foreign nation if you are somewhat smart and put some time and effort into it

You can, but you need to spend decades to it. Many modern Russians don't fully understands such authors like Dostoevsky, because we now live in completely different world, and many his metaphors ans symbols are very hard to get, especially for non-religious people (because Dostoevsky, first of all, was a christian).

I also don't really understand why foreigners love Tolstoy so much, because one of his main feature is his language and style, which obliviously cannot be translated to other languages.

It's not about pretending, it's simply a fact that the Slavic soul goes much deeper than non-Slavic souls and non-Slavs cannot possibly understand the feels that we hold.

It's like a human trying to comprehend Eldar emotions, it's just impossible. When I meet, a non-Slav, they just seem like an empty shell to me, but when I meet a fellow Slav, I could see his soul his eyes. You will never experience this.

>Literally no other nationalities ever does this with their respective works of art.
Literally every nationality and every individual does this.

They all like to feel special.

Dostoyevski becomes a moron in his late years, thinking there's something special about "the Russian soul" while in reality he's just getting old and bitter. Keep in mind he was a drunk and gabled all his money away.

This, mon-keigh's will never understand.

>Dostoyevski becomes a moron in his late years, thinking there's something special about "the Russian soul" while in reality he's just getting old and bitter. Keep in mind he was a drunk and gabled all his money away.
This.
Dostoevsky was literally a Russian nazi

haha non-Slav trying to get Slav literature.

No chance kiddo.

that's racist towards nords just because we aren't comfortable with eye contact

>Dostoyevski becomes a moron in his late years
But The Brothers Karamazov is one of his best.

why white people create the black lives matter?