Be honest, are you patriotic? why/why not?

be honest, are you patriotic? why/why not?

No. But I feel admiration for many historical Dutch figures and it's history.

Yes.

It is my community, belongs to my way of being and I her, If I do not love me myself who will? It is sad to see my country so badly, but it is good country.

No.
Brown Reggaeton Shithole

Yes

Because I live in the best country in the world.

No. Because the niche of Russian patriotism is occupied by vatniks.

Chile is not Brown. It is Southern European.

Vote Trump or cease to be the best country.

Luckily enough we don't have a racial inferiority complex here. Even our president looks like a chink.

how could you have a racial inferiority complex with Chechens raping you left and right)

Chechens are exaggerated. The threat of Central Asian swarthy migrants is more prominent.

It is very hard but I try.
I feel a strong connection to my substate at least. Rhineland is a good land.
>why
Well, people want the best for their offspring and usually contrast that with their own (grand) parents evaluating what was shit and what was good and should be passed on.
Countries and people also function like this if they are not too alienated/fractured.
My forebears my have not thought about me but they wanted generally that the land would be continued by us and led well, so it is only dutyfully and good to continue this and wish it on the next generation as well (besides looking for yourself ofc).

And even if I didnt chose my place of birth, I carry the general inherited attitude of the people that made this place good and having pride in that is simply a means so it stays that way for the next generation of my ingroup and loyality to the community and its idealisation is kept.

Not being patriotic is like cutting the tree your grandgrandfather planted for his line which is only justified if you were abused and deeply disappointed by it.
But fuck, even the people interned at the KZ of Börgermoor who made that one Song about their life their STILL praised their homecountry and wished for it to return to the state they knew and loved back then even after all that had been done to them in its name.

I like my country's history and what it stands for, but I hate it's modern phase and most of my countrymen

If I had to choose I would be born a Greek in New Zealand so I was rich and also proud

That is the plan

:^)

Yes. Doge bless the King and cunt.

I'm embarrassed by right-wing nationalists in my country, but I consider myself a civic nationalist because I believe the values my country has did not get here by accident.

I distinguish country and government. If somebody asks am I a patriot in Russia I will answer NO, because here it means you are pro-Putin, I'm not. In America slighly the same that Jon Stewart said a few days ago. And vise versa outside of Russia, in front of foreigner I defend country and sometimes authorities.

fucking no I'm not. but I will argue bullshit Chinks and gooks bring up.

i'm kinda usual "I love my country, but hate my goverment". It is a bit more complicated, since there are normal guys here, like Ministries of Juryspridiction, of Labor and of Foreign Affairs are kinda good professional guys, and it is sad that only the last one is independent enough to actully do what is needed.

there are not enough Italians to be proud of

Yes, beause as far as I know my ancestors are french, they owe everything to France, they worked for France, they fought for France, I don't want them to have done all that for nothing.

No, because this country has never done anything at all that I've been proud of.

I had to read 19-20th century story about this country to get into university, never have I been more depressed. It's like 200 years of terrible, awful decisions.

Not really :/
Just don't feel the need to be patriotic. Of course I'm proud of my country but unlike the bogans here I don't do the whole "FUCKIN STRAYA WOOWOO" thing

>be australian
>not go "YEAAAAAAAAAAA FOKIN STRAYA KUNT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" 24/7

why even live then?
you've been given access to one of the most beautiful feelings on the planet and yet you deny it

No, patriotism is for poor people.

No. Rather I'd fight for other countries against Japan in some cases.

nope
I like Poland, but I wouldn't call it patriotism.

I love my country. I feel fellowship with my countrymen and that I belong here. This is my home.

But I also don't think we're above other nations or that when foreigners want to live there I'm losing something.

Carpathian Basin was always a melting pot. Other nations lived here along with Slovaks.

na
I like the country itself, but turkish people and the turkish culture make me wanna kill myself.

yes. i am glad to be japanese. kawaii is justice.

Well, I love my country. Because it is nice to live here, plenty nature and culture, good food, I get along with most people, and it's basically 90+% of what I know.

Lolno but I definitely like some of the people here.

yes

I hope the rest of the world can actually see that American patriotism is a meme. This thread only has 3 american posters.

If you make that conclusion based on one thread on a Thai home cooking forum then maybe dumb Americans isn't really a meme.

this

I work for big brother. I wouldn't get this job without some patriotism.

but you're basing that conclusion on even fewer posts (just that one)
woah

Yeah.Because history and stuff
I speak the language of my actual people and I live in the land of my people.
Ask a Greek Australian why does he live in Australia and speaks english

I like to be patriotic in general.
I'm not gonna bother if it's unconvenient tho.

Yes

Well written

I make that conclusion because I fucking live here, Apu.

Yes I am, I want the best for my fellow Hungarians and my culture. So I advocate a federal Europe where empty, meaningless shit like "muh heritage" and "muh tradishun" no longer exists as a political factor.

> in KZ, "go to Russia damn slav"
> in Russia "go to KZ damn kaza"
I couldn't be patriotic even If I tried.

> (OP)
>No. But I feel admiration for many historical Dutch figures and it's history.
Good way of phrasing it, I feel the same way. Obviously the unfortunate period where that Austrian guy was so popular is an exception.

Although that is probably the essence of patriotism. Also, German fag currently residing in Switzerland.

yes I am, but I am the best kind of patriot, the one who don`t love empty images of his country but his people, when I say his people I say the true people of this country the working class, the other parasite deserve only the punishment of death

Apparently Germans aren't that popular in Switzerland. Any truth to that?

No.
Because I'm not a collectivist moron.

I like the nature and culture. Is it patriotism?

Have you got any accent or what?

I get shivers when hearing the Wilhelmus. Patriotic enough.

>No. But I feel admiration for many historical Dutch figures and it's history.
Pretty much this.

Only for the South.

very racist

Yes.

Sadly being patriotic is not common in my leftist country, but patriotism it's an element to unite peoples of a country. Maybe the reason why patriotism is not a thing is because it's linked to the Civil War (Franco's side) instead of other episodes to be proud of.

Yes.

I'm patriotic but not nationalistic, because I love this country.

I suppose so. I'm certainly not anti-American

Depends somewhat on where you live. But yes, the sentiment exists. However, they are even less fond of dark-skinned foreigners.

The stereotype of Germans in Switzerland is to be loud and direct, whereas Swiss are seen as more accommodating and diplomatic.

Germans here often fail to realize that this an independent country were things may be different. Some Swiss people have a neurotic tendency to emphasize the differences, denying all the common cultural elements and other similarities, to be against anything German by default, classic small country syndrome.

The inferiority extends to the language. I understand Swiss dialect perfectly well (unless it is from Wallis), but do not speak dialect myself. Some Swiss people with lower education background become uneasy talking to me. They needn't switch to dialect free German, but many try and fail. I have friends from Bavaria who choose to speak in their home dialect in Switzerland because people feel less threatened.

Still, I like it here and get along well with most people, even though I have a fairly direct way of interacting with people that is distinctly non-Swiss.

I am 100/ patriotic I would die for matka rusija Ukraina i bijelarus :) i am Ukrainian i love our and russian historia

For izrael hell no gona join to greek Serbian russian. Army insted to kill americans nigers and muslims :)

There is nothing wrong with liking own country. Term patriot comes from French revolution - person who is loyal to revolution ideals. Patriot can be easily influenced and manipulated by some political party or government and slowly become a chauvinist - person who claims his nation is the greatest and all others are rubbish.
My flag presents me as a Croat, but I'm a mixture of South-Eastern and Eastern Europe, I chase ideals, not whether I like one country more. For example if some Croatian party would make a lie and call everyone to lynch some group of people, I would rather join that group of people who are about to get lynched.
What's situation in Poland alike? I've talked to many Poles on internet and many of them are obsessed with Poland, like Poland was the greatest kingdom, had best units, etc, and when I joked a little about Polish history I got blocked by several Poles. Are those people common or rare in Poland?

Nope, is speak standard russian

Yes.

I suppose because the history of my country is full of victory and great strides of improvement. It isn't doing too well right now, but I'm hoping to go back to what i see with my rosy sunglasses

Slav-kazak mix?

i am a lithuanian nationalist

>I am a nationalist

Pure slav.
But for some reason bydło in Russia (not just squatters, I mean low class people, which is at least 20% of the population) thinks that everyone in KZ is a kaza, what makes life there a little harder. But it is possible that I just met wrong people.

>I am a citizen of the world

>I am born within some arbitrary, designated borders claimed by a government, therefore I must worship it

>uses fedora tipper logic
>calls nationalists fedoras

kek

For some reason I don't have any more fedora pictures so you win this time, fishfucker.

No, because I don't want to protect and stand for all the lefties in this country. I earn my money and don't mind all others. If shit hits the fan I'm gone.

No.
Is a corrupt third world country.

I am extremely patriotic
I love Switzerland, it's a tale of fight from the working (farming) class to preserve autonomy and freedom against the foreigner/nobility/establishment
A tale of military prowess
A tale of social progress
A tale of economic success