Is it even possible to get a tech job in Ontario Canada? My parents want to kick me out. I have no degree or skills

Is it even possible to get a tech job in Ontario Canada? My parents want to kick me out. I have no degree or skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

newtimes.co.rw/section/read//220619/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>My parents want to kick me out.
they're killing you. I can prove with math that surviving without family is a dream only possible 20 years ago. now it's a death sentence.

Is it possible for you frogposting faggots to fuck off back to Sup Forums where you belong?

> I have no degree or skills.

this means youve probably had all the fun you can. get ready for ass rape for the rest of your life. Hope you fucked a lot of girls in highschool chad, it's all downhill from here

Why though? If I were to get an average wage job I could easily live on my own.

I spent all my time up to now on Sup Forums and videogames

same... and so did all my friends in uni CS.
but we also got a degree so that isnt all you have done

Pathetic.

You absolutely will not get a tech job with no skills and if you're as sheltered as I think you were you'll have trouble just getting a wage slave job.

>I could easily live on my own.
another brainwashed stooge.
can't save em all.

>I have no degree or skills.
it's food service for you then, top off my water

Stop being a NEET, leaf
Newfag

I live in Ontario, have a CS degree, am a knowledgeable programmer, yet I never seem to have all the qualifications needed for even a junior position lol.

You have a degree, and never bothered to make connections with those you worked with? And somehow have a degree, yet no skills? What did you major in?

Please prove it. I'm not even disagreeing with you, I completely agree. It would be nice to see proof I could use.

>Live in Saskatoon
>Ex CE/CS student
>No degree
>Personable
>Doing web development in React/ReactNative + AppEngine
>Worked a bunch of shit jobs
>Haven't lived with parents in years

Holy fuck. Did I actually do it boys.

user you'll be fine. Keep building shit and working, you'll figure the rest out. Go to the bars with shitty indie bands and cheap beer. Fuck yeah independence.

>Newfag
frogposters are newfags

But seriously user. You're going to need to get a job, don't be picky. It's the difference between eating and fucking not. Flip burgers, rock a kitchen, work retail, be a bitch until something better comes your way.

Get some roommates, hit up Kijiji, check the pistings, find some students or young adults, don't be shitty. Unless you can afford a bachelor for under half your pay, fuck it.

Grind your skills man. What do you want to do? Can you break in without a degree? Good luck doing embedded electronic design without a CE degree, but Jim Bob Joe's car wash needs a site and basic SEO. Find shit people will pay for upfront. None of this maybe game Dev tier bullshit.

You got some years to settle in. Install Mint on your phone, track your expenses, save and fucking drink it up on the weekend.

You're gonna make it brah.

Isn't Markham in Ontario?
ATi/AMD is there.

I work there. I'm not from Ontario though I'm from Quebec

I'm 21, been living alone for a year and a half. I work as a linux engineer, making more money than my parents combined.

Kill yourself, you dumb, worthless leech.

It's possible as long as you get some sort of income from somewhere. Be it a crazy check or whatever. Without that though you have to find a wagecuck job and flip burgers.

Go back to Sup Forums.

>got mine. fuck you.

Only newfags call people newfags

Do you have actual skills / a portfolio? A lot of places will hire based on a portfolio or personal experience if it's good enough. What type of job are you looking for and where are you?

Fulfill your dreams, user, and work at the Pepsi plant.

You can't be picky user, go work in retail for a while or flip some burgers.

>calls other people dumb
>don't have enough sense to live with his parents until he is old enough to move in with his kids
kys you wasteful fuck

Oh well then you're fucking fine. You can find bilingual call center tech support/account support out the fucking wazzoo and they pay pretty good as well for entry level shit.

>no degree or skills
Go work at mcdonalds.

>be American
>want to be Canadian
>in the process of moving to Canada to steal a dev job from lazy niggas like op

Feels good

okay. 4 dollars an hour for an entry level shitter job picking up trash in the 80s. entry level. as in kids under 18 working this shit. 4 dollars an hour.

Do you know what that is in modern buying power? 14 dollars an hour. Your parents got 14 dollars an hour to do jack shit while we slave away for ~10 and get sabotaged before we can clock 40 an hour. We get nothing. It's over. "Independent life" is a fucking scam and a lie. Live with your parents.

>shit that never happened

find a mcjob and go to vocation school. prepare yourself for a shitty 2 or 3 years.

>Without that though you have to find a wagecuck job and flip burgers.
not feasible to hold this job and survive on it. inevitably you will pay into your body to maintain such a brutal job
>in b4 flipping burgers isn't brutal
it will kill you.

>"in the process of moving to Canada"
isn't it basically impossible now with all the people fleeing Trump

most win wage jobs are completely ridiculous. you get to work under constant stress for cheap assholes who treat you like cattle. the general public will treat you like dirt also.

Go to community college or night school or something.Enroll in shit that would actually put food on yo table (accounting, lab technology,or even carpentry)

If you have a car, go be an Uber driver and/or work at McDonalds and get a proper accommodation

It's sick. Most people seem to think it's easy because they see kids fucking off in mcdonalds. Those are people who have parents, and leverage. they don't really need the job so they don't get exploited.

Try to depend on a mcjob. See what happens.

>Lying
>On the internet.

I doubt its worse thab construction. I spent most of the summer pounding in steel stobs with a sledge hammer in the 90 degree heat for $10 an hour.

how much did you make?

I worked for 3 months and made $4,000. The tax jew took a grand of it though.

that's fucked up

>Enroll in shit that would actually put food on yo table (accounting, lab technology,or even carpentry)

As opposed to?

GOOD.

>. I have no degree or skills.
Then you need to open up your range of locations you are willing to work until you have experience.

You should try painting if you're working next summer, less physical and it pays a lot better for a job that lasts a few days per house.
My dad's friend moved from carpentry to painting cause both carpentry and construction are pretty dead and he's making good money.

I dunno, photography, filmmaking, music, something like that.

I mean, if you're desperate and you only have one shot at turning yo life around, would you rather have an associate degree in accounting or women's studies?

It is what it is. But the point is there are non fast food jobs out there that pay slightly more than min wage that you can live on if you don't mind hard work.

Probably better to get a degree though but you have to be careful what degree you get. Probably 90% of them are worthless and will land you beside me swinging the hammer all day.

Id say go for anything healthcare related. I hear RNs make bank and you dont need much school for that.

if you are dirt poor and you are of college going age go to an youth employment office and see if you can qualify for OSAP. granted you will probably have to get a mcjob on the side to make ends meet but your province is literally giving you free college tuition. take advantage of it while you still can

If you have a job offer you've got a guaranteed visa (for now)

If you're living in Toronto I hope you know it's fucking expensive to live there, I wish you luck.

>Is it even possible to get a tech job in Ontario Canada
Sure. There are tons of startups and corporations of all sizes in Toronto and the surrounding areas like Waterloo.

>I have no degree or skills
Well, there's your problem. It sounds like you wasted your time instead of acquiring these things.

You'll probably need to work more min wage at a Tim Hortons or Walmart until you build up the skills or portfolio to get a job, or until you can afford or get a scholarship to a college.

Nah im done working outdoors for a while. Im gonna get a comfy retail job in the AC making $10 an hour. Construction seems like its full of ex cons that will work hard for nothing because they have no choice. Must be why the wages are so low. Just about everyone i worked with was fresh out of the joint.

Good luck op. Why are you just not starting a degree instead?

Go to school for something, you lazy bastard. It's free in ontario now if you're poor enough.

If this nigger can do something to him and the hood, why can't you?

newtimes.co.rw/section/read//220619/

Kek I'd actually be happy if any of them disenfranchised urban youth in my area is as entrepreneurial as this kid instead of smoking (pot)purri all day

Provide more details please. What's going on with your parents more specifically? Have you graduated high school? Why did you think of a tech job? Do you maybe have some computer skills, even though you said you don't have any skills? Can you use English well? That in itself is a skill you can monetize.

I never worked retail, nor burgerflipping.
But for fucks sake - why the fuck would anyone take their anger on them - usually manager or corporate is at fault anyways.

Rn is a horrible, demanding job
It pays well in Canada but God damn it sucks. My friend is a Rn in Canada.

Your min wage jobs pay more than average wage over here.

It is the matter of mindset - op isn't even looking for skills that he has. And that won't change. He will probably send 3 applications in a day/week and reward himself with fap or browsing Sup Forums.

>Rn is a horrible, demanding job

My mom does it, it is indeed very tough. Long shifts, have to work nights. Doctors often don't work as hard and make way more. She regrets not just trying for medical school.

> linux engineer

What do you mean no degree or skills?

What do you mean by tech job?

If you want a tech support job, you have to start from the ground up. I'm not sure how to help you with that. Try going around and undercutting large electronics retailers like Best Buy at neighborhoods with older or richer people. Print some papers with your name, number and price. Offer the same services as those retailers at half the price. Best Buy charges like $100 for removing viruses and installing anti-virus software. Charge $50. This is what a friend of mine in college did to pay for school.

If you want a developer job, and you don't have a degree, try asking around on reddit. Look for subreddits related to jobs or programming. Reddit's default subreddits are infested with SJWs and commies but you'll get good advice from the specialized non-default subreddits on how to attain a job as a developer without a degree. A lot of threads with people in the same situation as you who got jobs. It does require A LOT MORE WORK than if you had a degree in computer science or related field.