Wouldn't Sup Forums benefit from allowing a Reddit like feature to create your own communities...

Wouldn't Sup Forums benefit from allowing a Reddit like feature to create your own communities? Think of all the bullshit 'General' threads that are on boards.

C'mon. That's not a beneficial move for growth

Imagine how many boards that'd create and bandwidth and storage space it'd use

Be smart, don't be a retard

To everyone thats thinking "i'll tell OP about that other thing": pls dont.

Like perhaps thered be main categories like 'Sup Forums - technology', but Sup Forums would have a Searchable list of created sub-communities.

Typing in main Sup Forums as it is would be the default view (though you can set the customized subgroups as your homepage for Sup Forums if you'd like)

something like that. So fucking easy and would please EVERYBODY.

it'd only benefit the consumer

>storage space it'd use
Not much more than now.
>imagine how many boards
Now this is the real problem.
Maybe only gold users could make them.

Allowing anyone who buys a pass to make boards would still result in thousands of boards being made

user, we're not consumers here - we're the product.

Go make your redditchan and maybe it'll catch on. The communities here are dying, reddit is a faggots hugbox, and everywhere else is dead.

No. What you're arguing for is segregation. You don't want to see, for example, PC build stuff. So stow it away where you don't need to see it. This goes against the entire point of a chan. The point is people will post opinions you don't like and you can't do anything about it.

People would segregate to their fanboy communities. One for linux fanboys, one for amd fanboys, one for intel fanboys... Just like reddit's echo chambers.

Then, who would moderate? The mods are barely doing their jobs as of now. This introduces a whole new level of moderation, someone needs to check what actually belongs in the sub-board.

But there's a large problem with people who are not from Sup Forums coming for tech advice, who don't read the sticky and just ask for help in a new thread when they should go in a general. I have a few suggestions on how to fix this: Make a popup the first time(s) someone wants to make a thread re-directing them to the right threads. Or making a large banner on the new thread thing. And/or making a move-system from threads to be moved to the right general and reviving the old thread from the archive. Plus maybe make the generals sticky and make them delete posts after 350 or whatever posts have been poster.

Btw there's a place that does this. It's related to the number eight I think...

>>storage space it'd use
>Not much more than now.
Not with the way threads work now. each board is limited to a number of threads, and threads are limited to a number of images. More threads = more storage.

If you want retarded communities just go to fucking 8ch. The point of smaller boards is it keeps the discussion alive rather than 100 boards with only a handful of posters.

>I'm so Reddit I don't know I'm currently posting on half chan

The absolute state of this website.

quit trying to make eight chan a thing hotwheelz aint gonna happen

it already is a thing and the quality of discussion is a lot higher than here

No. We aren't R*ddit. We fucking hate that stupid site and all its faggot users, including you. Now go back, bitch boy.

This.

Hotwheelchan has that feature.

Cripplechan - Embrace retardation!

doesnt cripplechan already have this feature?

Dead boards full of pictures that dont even load or load slower than this piece of shit site, so horrible even google itself had to blacklist it.

Also you don't get integrated government support on every single board like we do so fuck them.

On an unrelated note I got a warning for calling a black YouTube tech blogger a nigger. For what purpose? I didn’t realise I was on leddit

Isn't that what infinity chan is for?

>hotwheelchan
lmfao, my new favourite name for it.

>entire boards instead of single threads
Come on, man, you didn't think this through enough. Most of the boards will be extremely slow moving and barely alive, you also lose valuable discussion on the main boards by splitting up discussion more. Obviously there's a happy medium here, one we're basically reached. We don't just want an entire site that's Sup Forums, but we also don't need a smartphone board when it can be contained in one thread just fine on the technology board. I often wish Windows posters would go to Sup Forums or something, but if I had to pick between them posting here or getting a /win/ board, I'd say we should let them stay here.

You can already do this on 8gag. I suggest you go there and don't come back.

Not him, but is it really higher? What do you browse there? I've just barely been there, mostly because 8ch x isn't as good as Sup Forums x and it's a big part of making my browsing comfy.

>Not with the way threads work now. each board is limited to a number of threads, and threads are limited to a number of images. More threads = more storage.
still not much more
if all the generals get their own "board" they'd disappear from their origin board
fucking dumb idea go back to red.dit faglord

this post is not spam
fucking hiroshima

isnt that reddit?

>searchable list of sub-communities
It's called the catalog you fucking redditard

>google itself had to blacklist it
wtf i love 8ch now

Maybe one day if I ever get a bunch of free time I'd develop something kind of like twitter where the people are their own boards so you can follow and unfollow people to change your boards.

They just had to create a general board for boards that suffer from generals like /vg/ for example.

>why x isn't exactly like y?
This is the state of current Sup Forums and mozzarella devs.

>making a move-system

you've got my vote user

What, ^64chan? The site that ate Sup Forums's lunch so hard that they had to ban all mention of it. Yeah, fuck those guys, amiright?

depends heavily on the board. /tech/ isn't dead, but has stagnated in the last few months. It's like Sup Forums a few years ago right now. Just go to their homepage and look at the leaderboard. It has a list of the PPH and number of total posts per board in an ordered fashon.

>integrated government support
Sounds legit

Guess who works for Google now.

that's literally 8ch you fucking plen, and that place is burning to shit
also lynxchan but that's dead as dicks

>quality of discussion is a lot higher than here
if you're barometer for discussion is Sup Forums with videogames + /vg/-tier generals, then that's fine.