This proves that Intel can still just shit out more powerful products than AMD whenever they want

This proves that Intel can still just shit out more powerful products than AMD whenever they want.
>b-but muh price
>b-but housefire
Does'nt matter. If you truly want the best, you go Intel.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/amp/overclocked-core-i9-7980xe-hits-61ghz-and-pulls-1000-watts/
pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Technologies-Group-Raja-Koduri-Goes-Sabbatical
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The best thermonuclear device? Definitely.

Sure, one that easily beats AMD.

>1/25 the temperature of the fucking sun

>If you truly want the best, you avoid Intel.
FTFY. It doesn't even beat the 1950x that costs half as much, and it's so far from competing with equally priced Epycs that it isn't even funny.

You can buy an Ebyn that rapes it for the same price faggot.

OC 18C > 32C turbo

Even the background color represents the sun rays

550W > 180W

Certainly beats AMD at destroying your house as fast as possible.

You don't have to shitpost that hard.

>1000 Watts of termo nuclear power!
pcgamer.com/amp/overclocked-core-i9-7980xe-hits-61ghz-and-pulls-1000-watts/

>rx vega releases
>needs more wattage in order to compete with nvidias 1080
>people shit all over it for being a hot, power consuming card despite beating the 1080

>i9 extreme releases
>needs more wattage in order to compete with AMD
>people praise it, despite being the most power hungry and hottest chip ever to be created

What's with all the double standards?

>the first CPU to break kilowatt barrier!
Perfect marketing.

RX Vega launched as unfinished mess, and even that, only 64LC is housefire levels.
7980XE is your final product, only dieshrink or possibly relayout will fix power issues.

It's ok when Intel® does it

you described the reason yourself
>vega
>2x power consumption with worse performance than 1080

>intel
>2x power consumption with better performance and 2x single core

In case of vega that power consumption doesn't offer any trade off. In case of intel you get more multicore and way more single core but have to settle with power consumption - a trade off.

>despite beating the 1080
And this is how I know you are an amdrone from leddit. Vega doesn't beat 1080, vega is a shit card and raja himself got fired for creating that pile of shit.

>raja himself got fired
I don't remember AMD announcing any layoffs.

ohh nice. intel managed to put the shit together into the same procesor core , which it was testing 10 years ago..

pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Technologies-Group-Raja-Koduri-Goes-Sabbatical
>guys i am just taking a break i swear. It has nothing to do with week ago vega release. Btw buy vega it is good with 2x power consumption, 1.5x price an 0.9 performance of 1080

What else would he do besides taking a break while SSG kills Quadro?

Intel shills aren't the brightest. They should go to Sup Forums with their shit gayman benchmarks.

but price/(performance/watt) does matter to most people and people with half a brain

But mine was a good buy. £380 for RX Vega 56 air. Flashed to 64 BIOS. Undervolted and using ~200 watts.

If i will need all those cores, i'm probably making some sort of server, and by the price of this CPU, i most likely can just dual socket.

Except i9 doesn't compete, like at all, simply because Threadripper and Epyc exist.

Literally xeon housefire abortions.

Not for intelcucks

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>*NEW* Locked platform features don't matter!
>*NEW* Synthetic loads don't matter!
>*NEW* Burnt pins don't matter!

How long until core i11 lads?

I give it two years, tops.

12%faster for double the price and triple the watts

hmmm no unless they dont pay for electricity on which you are correct intel is the best

Literally (((((old))))) chart !!!!!

Post the updated one then (((Intel shill))) I dare you.

you can build a dual socket threadripper system instead of buying that polar cap melting device

>matching the performance of a stock, small die, mid-range Nvidia card 18 months later

AMD FTW!!!!

While barely working? Quite an achievement.

poo's law
double every 2 year

Whatever you say intel shill. AMD is at least chipping away at intel's market share which is going to result in better products from both sides.

Intel was shitting out only quad cores for what ten years? Now they are finally going 6 core on their consumer lineup because of AMD.

Who will buy it?

Not me, Not gamers cuz it is worst than 7700K in gaming.

Intel only started giving us quad cores because AMD was throwing in three for the price of two lo those many years ago.

Gamers make up a tiny portion of the market, these things are meant for workstation-class computers and data centers and such. Too bad those customers look at electricity bills every month.

No, that's what Xeons are for, actual reliable CPUs. The Core line is meant for enthusiasts, gamers and overclockers.

7980XE is made for no one.
Simple as that.
It's a very retarded marketing stunt that Intel have pulled trying to do something against TR.

Ye but for half the price.
>inb4 you say it cost $500 at release

>$500 at release and $750 due to miners
>amd eternally BTFO

Sounds like the new intel line up to me

Correction. It doesn't beat the 1080ti, but it beats the 1080. Anything the 1080 is winning in now will soon be beat by vega when drivers get their shit together. See what happened when AMD released the 7800 cards, same fucking thing.

>want the best
>go i9
>Epyc have way more cores than the 7980XE
>Xeon platinum have way more cores than the 7980XE
If you want the best, you should be running quad Xeon platinums or epycs.

PS Are the Xeon Bronze-Platinum range Soldered(they are using an even bigger socket than 2066), or they are using Housefire Paste?

Are you sure about Russia?
i can name a few

This. Unlike LGA2066 where you cannot drop a Xeon Gold-Platinum later down the road(different socket, probably not TIM since it is the mission-critical server socket), you can with a threadripper system.

The only thing that Intel has that is 'the best' is a fucking gaming only i7