Sup Forums iOS browser

Yesterday I made a thread about creating a FREE Sup Forums browser for iOS.

Currently need
>obj-c/c/swift developers
>a github guru
>someone to design the icon to inspire

Reason I want to do this
>learn github/source control
>learn about working in a team
>be more productive in my spare time
>I feel a Sup Forums browser, even with extra features(webm etc) should be free on iOS

Join the discord server if you are interested in helping.
discord.gg/7JzzUvP

github repo
github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan

Let's make Sup Forums iOS browsing great again!

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/pantaloons/4charm
github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan
github.com/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>iOS

How to develop from Gentoo?

What race are you?

White/Australian why?

Are you offended by the gitgudpajeet thing?

>writing an iOS app in C

There are already good opensource ios Sup Forums apps.
It seems that you dont have anything now and you cant develop yourself. This isnt going anywhere.

Good start

You wouldn't write an entire app in C - but parts of it, if needed, sure why not?

There is already a good Sup Forums browser that doesn't need to be "FREE" for poor NEETs.

It's called TheChan.

Let this go user, it will be go anywhere!

OK Dmitry

I'd just but
>github

I recommend making it yourself

Who will design the logo though?

I got the logo

you have plans to include hidden spyware?

Are you the guy that made the elegant "4" in the green box? Or have you got something else in mind...
no mr google

App store won't even allow Sup Forums browsers will they? Pretty sure they don't.

Also, a Sup Forums browser is a one-man job with their API (it is on github).

Also, you don't have experience with source control, nor iOS, nor working in a team. What you're asking for is for a team to make it for you whilst you annoy everyone asking how to do things.

You will be much better off if you just do this one part at a time, on your own. That's how most people learn, choose a project, do it bit by bit.

Here is my recommendations.

Learn swift/source control at the same time. Do some simple exercises, read the swift book over to get used to the syntax/see what is there. (If you know another language, read learnxinyminutes)

Then learn the basics of iOS development/UIKit/Cocoa. Things like UIViewControllers/UITableViews/UIViews. How to move between screens, etc.

Then learn about REST APIs and making asynchronous HTTP calls to rest APIs and dealing with the JSON that is returned. (Use Alamofire to make it easier.)

Then put all this together to make a Sup Forums browser. Good luck.

>appstore wont allow Sup Forums apps
There is one in the store right now - albeit paid

Sure one man could do it. But the point is to make it easier with more help, and also learn some teamwork skills at the same time.

Appreciate the advice, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Want to help?

I'm not even the app developer you fucking mong.

>Australian
Oh, I see

>Sup, bro. How's the football?

Seconding this. The Chan is good.

Playing webms without crashing phone when ?

I'd help if you built it in react native or something modern. I dont need to waste 100 million hours on optionals, byte arrays and permission'd members.

i will make the logo

Works here?

fuck off faggot

>a github guru
git clone [URL]
git pull
git push
git commit -m "commit msg" *
And for those advanced commiters
git commit -m "msg" filename

Bam git[hub] guru

works for me

Leave the logo to me

This is about as far as development will go, isn't it.

So, a criminal.

>phoneposters
Subhumans, I wish rape and death upon your families

This. You would buy the app if you could afford it.

YEAH GOD YEAH Sup Forums
OP IS A GENUS LIKE STEVE

> user has a chink iPhone

KEK'D

please don't forget to make the announcement here when it's done so i can report it and have it taken down

Will you pay for the $99/year Dev license, Push notification server, etc.? Or will there be ads?

>trying to be the spokeperson of 4chin
>wants to make something but doesnt have the brain to do it
>trying to headhunt people do shit for you on an anonymous board

hope no one is retarded enough to fall for this shit, he is literally pulling a steve jobs here and you morons are wozniak if you help him

link shows a Sup Forums viewer for winphone. maybe this helps. you can't post, tho. the captcha system was changed and the guy didn't do any updates.

github.com/pantaloons/4charm

good luck faggot

Yeah this is annoying

It's not even consistent either, it works a lot of the time and then bam. Crash.

Just fuckin use the tab logo it's not that hard

it's its final touch

Name one. If there was a good FOSS chan ios app I would use it.

And if there's a licensing issue then just use this icon (I just made it and don't give a fuck if anyone uses it.)

You say FREE as if paid was some kind of choice.
Of course it'd be free you fucking idiot. What are you? A fucking jew?

at least design correctly for the device you're designing for.

>github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan

>implying I want to contribute to a repo with racist name
>implying I want to destroy my job prospects by having that on my record

Pick a better name jackass

>implying a contribution to a Sup Forums app wouldn't have the same effect
>implying making an alternative account takes any effort
>implying you were going to contribute anyways

Fuck off.

gitgudsmellypajeet sounds better?

I already pay the $150(for Australians) and have a server - no ads
Thanks, looking good

But Sup Forums doesn't have an api. All I found on github is an abandoned project that refers to url's that are dead. Pretty sure the only way to make a Sup Forums app is to write a scraper. Good luck keeping that up to date and working with every change they make to the site. I personally wouldn't sell an app like that for anything less than $10 if it required me to keep rewriting the scraper to maintain it.

What could possibly go wrong
At least full will never get an ios app and will stay normie free for some time

??
github.com/Sup Forums/4chan-API

>iOS
>discord
>australian

Do you think it'd even get approved?
Apple removed a game concerning the American Civil War for containing confederate flags. No doubt Sup Forums has worse themes.

It may not. But a few people have mentioned things like
>Only showing blue boards (maybe ability to manually add NSFW boards)
>disable images/webm's by default

IT HAS NO FLAGS !! HOW CAN I SPOT THE SHITPOSTERS OF Sup Forums WITHOUT FLAGS ?

iirc Clover (by Floens) was removed from the Google play store because it could potentially open up to NSFW content right after installation.
This happened because by default, clover had all blue boards added and had one set to open. Obviously, some blue boards (Sup Forums was the culprit in this case), aren't really sfw at all despite being blue boards.
In my mind, had the app simply not had any boards added by default, it would not have violated those terms.

Of course the App store probably has a different set of rules, but it might be worth taking a look at the fate of other Sup Forums browsers and not repeating their mistakes.

Update soon come you pleb,

Just Wait™

I'd contribute but I have my real name and photo on GitHub since I show it off on my resume and interviews

Are you guys going to dox me if I contribute?

We already have a free Sup Forums browser that's better than everything else. It's called Clover. You just have to be running a mobile OS that doesn't suck.

In other words, you need someone else to do every single part of the task?
What would YOUR role be?

Also obligatory: applefag go away

>>iOS
>/thread

That could be a good idea, just simply not having any boards by default, or just the absolute G rated boards that never have anything remotely NSFW

Nobody will dox you Steven Stevenson. We need your expertise, you must be an expert because you used non-NEET words like "resume" and "interviews"

Why not just download The Chan.ipa and use Cydia Impactor user. It’s what I’m doing.

>someone to design the icon to inspire
inb4 three thousand "graphic designers" contribute their expertise

sup poofta

You watching the gayfl finals on sat?

Or you gonna be a real man and back the cowboys?

Anyway make sure it's got filtering, like the Sup Forums x extension. I fucking hate not being able to hide all the generals I don't give a flying fuck about on phone

>i want to make an app
>i need someone to make the whole app including all programming, source control, and graphics

Looks like we got an ideas guy on our hands.

oh no someone hurt my widdle feeling with WACISM ;___; BOOHOO HOO

fuck off shitskin nigger pajeet

Hey cobber, not watching it now that Geelong is out.
The filtering is a must - I agree.

Works for me but it has shit fps and no audio.

>IOS
>Shit tier taste in phones

>github.com/gitgudpajeet/iChan

kek already off to a retarded start. in case you're living under a rock and aren't aware, github caved in to sjws and removes "offensive" content. not to mention no one's gonna want that shit visible on their profile

with the Sup Forums API you litteraly need to just know hot to make square and put text from the API inside of it.. you don't need 20 person team and github