Would $200 on a brand new pair of Klipsch R-15PM be a good deal?

Would $200 on a brand new pair of Klipsch R-15PM be a good deal?

How do these things fare as music/desktop speakers

>music/desktop speakers
nigger detected

what did he mean by this

sounds like a good deal. I don't like klipsch and I think using horn loaded speakers in a nearfield situation isn't optimal, but if you like them then why the fuck not, especially for that price

That's cheap as heck bro, just get them. If you don't like them you can sell them for more.

klipsch=meme

I would go Polk, they do good on their crossovers, and I agree with about the horns.

>meme=meme

I've never heard of Klipsch R-15PM before but if you're looking for a deal then generally NO, it's not a deal.

It sure looks like those are two-way speakers.

Generally, speakers and amplifiers are the most widely available electronics products in the used market space. You can find a pair of good 3-speakers for $50 if you spend some time looking around.

As said, I don't know anything about the speakers in the picture. I just know that awesome barely used speakers and hi-fi equipment in general is really easy to find on the cheap and it's never, ever a deal buying those items new. It's not like computers or TVs or things like that, if a pair of good speakers are 10 year old then they are probably just fine.

What do you know about speakers or sound at all to shit on a pair of speakers without knowing anything about them I dare you to find a pair that performs like the ones in the picture for $50 bucks

More speakers, more crossover issues, especially with cheaper products. More does not equal better.

while what you're saying is essentially true I'd not advise anyone trying to fit huge thrift shop 3-way speakers from the 80ies on their desk.
usually the things you find for cheap are not exactly the most desk friendly size, clueless people who are getting rid of their old brown boxes often do so because of space restrictions and the bookshelf size and nearfield desktop usage is a rather modern trend.
of course you can also find some smaller used speakers, but they won't be as much as a bargain as you described, more like close to the deal OP is getting, especially if you consider that they're active speaker with all sorts of modern connectivity integrated

Not to mention old speakers are worn out. Paper and rubber don't last forever.

can i use this to connect a pair of bookshelf speakers to a tv set??

yes

Sounds like someone who tried being an audiophile snob and has some serious buyers remorse on something someone told them was really good and ended up being shitty but now they have to feel like they can justify their purchase

plug the tv to any of the inputs other than phono and you're done

Yes, why would you think you couldn't?

thx for the replies. i have more queries
-will i be able to control the volume from other sources (roku box) with the remote?
-do amps have features that allow you to set initial/max volume?

>Klipsch
get used JBL or even Yamaha

you control the volume of the output, no matter what source is selected. no presets, no nothing.

are you OP? Klipsch R-15PM is POWERED MONITOR hence PM, it doesn't need an amp

-Yes.
-Amp, integrated amp, or receiver? No to the first, yes to second and third.

I've had Klipsch forever. As my speakers have started to die, I've found that their mid/low range stuff isn't what it used to be. I bought a pair of B652 Airs from Parts Express and they honestly sound better than the Klipsch that they replaced.

thanks. i only needed 2 speakers and kept getting advice that i needed an avr but over here i can get integrated amps for cheaper

Using horns in any home/hifi situation is dumb.

a basic integrated amp is fine if all you connect has analog outputs

compression horns? absolutely.
slight horn loading / waveguiding dome drivers to control directivity? I don't think so, it can make a lot of sense for bigger listening distances

You want the big hornloaded transmissionline speakers from Klipch.
Other brands deliver more value at this price range.

>desk

Exactly. You don't want the small speakers from Klipch, what they do special is in the big speakers.

The directivity control is desirable for any listening distance. The reflections will eventually feed back into the listener.

Klipsch has never been particularly adept with tuning their loudspeakers.
My generic recommends for powered speakers are the LSR305 and the B2030A.
Elac's little 5-inch speaker works, but isn't powered.

the rp-160 is better

it's twice as big and costs about twice as much without an amp
great

Klipsch is ear rape treble

If you have to ask this, then they will be just fine for your needs.

how to connect this tv to an integrated amp?

Audio out, or for a placebo effect you can go optical to rca converter.

3 From the top , Audio OUT

what cable would i need? the integrated amp takes in rca. will the volume be adjustable?

Optical all the way. Ignore the rcafags

3.5mm stereo jack to double rca
yes