Reminder not to use the "photoshop" or "shopped" as a verb...

Reminder not to use the "photoshop" or "shopped" as a verb. Photoshop is just the name of one particular image editing program, which should be avoided since it is proprietary.

Reminder to avoid the word "consumer" to refer to the users of computing. It is loaded with assumptions we should reject. Some come from the idea that using the program “consumes” the program.

Please avoid using the term “google” as a verb, meaning to search for something on the internet. “Google” is just the name of one particular search engine among others.

Reminder to avoid the word "piracy" unless you're referring to the actual attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Proper terms are copyright infringement or unauthorized copying.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to fuck off

Great argument.

*tips fedora*

how to photoshop google in my pirated computer? I'm a consumer

We're not having an argument

Excellent job dodging kike-words, OP.

Reminder to state both GNU/Linux when reffing to inferior operating systems.

I bet you're the type of person who spams the gnu linux copy pasta 24/7

Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe I would have actually done this if you weren't such a filthy weeb.

Now I'm going to enforce it extra hard out of spite.

pls no buli

>hates muh chinese cartoons
>posts on 4chin
literally why? I know you're not here for actual discussion

>I know you're not here for actual discussion
>le 4chinz is for shitposting only maymay
Fuck off, cancer

I swear I see these posts in every god damn thread. Shut the fuck up you insufferable faggots.

>implying Sup Forums discusses anything other than muh botnets and muh gentoo memes
stop kidding yourself and find a real technology board

not this shit again...

温馨提醒大家千万别在此论坛使用英语沟通。此论坛是专门为华族卡通片而设计的,而英文不是华族卡通片使用的语言,因此应该尽量避免。

> Reminder to avoid the word "piracy" unless you're referring to the actual attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Proper terms are copyright infringement or unauthorized copying.

Why though

>implying you're not selectively ignoring threads with actual discussion just your further your """argument"""

It's loaded with overly negative connotations and the objectively false assumption that interference with copyright would easily equate with theft, conversion, or fraud.
The infringer of a copyright does not assume physical control over the copyright nor wholly deprive its owner of its use. Infringement implicates a more complex set of property interests than does run-of-the-mill theft.

>trying to seriously discuss technology on an anime imageboard
shiggy diggy

>Please avoid using the term “google” as a verb, meaning to search for something on the internet. “Google” is just the name of one particular search engine among others.
Do you have a better word for it? Because "search for it on the internet" is too long, and people won't understand it. Just "search" isn't specific enough.

Convenience sure is worth becoming a complacent corporate sheep.

"search the internet"

>Convenience sure is worth becoming a complacent corporate sheep.
What? I didn't say that. I'm just asking.

>"search the internet"
That's not a synonim for "google" as a verb. You'd need to add for and on, like I said.

Search the Internet for X
or just
Search for it

Why do you have to tell someone to search on the Internet specifically?
Maybe they have the Encyclopedia Britannica on paper or DVD, that contains peer-reviewed, well researched information
Probably better than the first result on a search engine that's funded by advertising

>Search the Internet for X
Same problems still apply.

>Search for it
>
>Why do you have to tell someone to search on the Internet specifically?
So people know what you mean. That's how language works. You don't always want to be a vague asshole.

Why are you so mean with the poor poor girl, user?

Proprietary software gets work done and is free of cost if you pirate it.

Take your LinuxNeetTrap (LNT) agenda elsewhere

>pirate it
You mean infringe on its copyright.

>*tips fedora*
What you're referring to as a fedora is, in fact, a trilby.

>Reminder to avoid the word "consumer" to refer to the users of Manchester United Football Club
Ftfm

Ok but only if you keep posting qt anime girls.

Reminder that no one fucking gives a shit except for you

This jfif encoded lossy image was definitely modified by image editing software.

Isn't this just more social justice crying?

Look it up.

"look it up."

Damn, you fast...

I

Don't

Care.

>implying I'm not going to google how to photoshop something
have fun duckduckgoing how to gimp your pictures

Pls don't post my waifu in this shithole thanks

>waifu
You better have pink hair, nice boobies, and multiverse-wide reality warping powers...

>nice boobies
Well that rules out Madoka.

走开!

>Photoshop is just the name of one particular image editing program, which should be avoided since it is proprietary.

But I want to genericize the trademark so it becomes public domain, like Frizbee or Jell-O

Ight RMS

Flat is justice.

But not Mami!

>pink hair
Yes it does

Decently sized nice and soft boobs is justice.

>Reminder to avoid the word "consumer" to refer to the users of computing. It is loaded with assumptions we should reject. Some come from the idea that using the program “consumes” the program.
I will actually start to do that.

fuck you and your post.

goddamned SJW's wanna control everything.

Anyone ever realize that SJW's are nothing more than the Thought Police arm of Big Brother?

better to be a SJW (does this acronym even have any meaning anymore?) than a corporate sheep munching on proprietary dick.

let me google that lol

Don't most people use "user" anyway?

>people not recognizing this from the gnu site

Nice reddit spacing.

I bet if you started eating DVDs with software on them in front of stallman he would call you a consumer.

I give a shit.

I have no idea what you mean. I've posted like this on Sup Forums since 2006

I call it Photoshop in an attempt to degrade the brand name into general name. Similar to band-aid.

This will piss off Adobe the most, as it will devaule their brand.

Your image appears to have been enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.

i used to give a fuck about all that but you cants stop normies. i have always liked being called a pirate tho

Thanks for the reminder, OP

>normies
no john you are the normies

> copyright infringement or unauthorized copying

No. RMS wants us to call it

> "unauthorised copying", "prohibited copying" – and even "sharing information with your neighbour".

>google hoover velcro aspirin xerox sharpie heroin q-tip frisbee
Fuck off, retarded anime nigger.