I want to change the identifiers of a phone to have it as a more anonymous device

I want to change the identifiers of a phone to have it as a more anonymous device

How do I go about doing so?

I know the obvious change device name, change mac address temporarily

Is there more I can do?

I want to use public wifi without having my location be tracked as I travel next week

Other urls found in this thread:

devwithopinions.blogspot.ca/2012/06/welcome-back-gnu-my-revenge-on-android.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but first, tell us where you hid the body

Let's see
>uninstall GApps
>replace with microG if you want
>uninstall any leftover com.google.* things
>uninstall WhatsApp and other obvious botnets
>use a location spoofer, set your location to your home at all times
>use a tool that prevents apps from seeing that location spoofing is enabled
>install a FOSS custom ROM
>use different phones if possible
>switch your MAC address only once per network (this is just an assumption and slightly over-the-top, but a person dedicated to tracking you could notice a lot of MAC changes in one location and could identify you in a different one by the same behavior)

kys nothingtohide fag

Three steps to your left

What are gapps

What's microg

What's Foss ROM?

Sorry, new to this

Kys nĂ¼ Sup Forums

After I do that, you teach me, yes?

First of all, Afterwards, enjoy your spoonfeed, and next time jewgle it:
GApps are shit like Google Play Services, Play Store, etc. As you can probably guess, they're botnet, so microG was created. It's an open-source clone of the minimal set of GApps, it doesn't even need to connect to Google, or can provide alternative services that do the same thing as the original GApps version would do, e.g. location services or Safety(Bot)Net.
A FOSS ROM is a custom modded Android based on AOSP. It's open source and therefore probably slightly less botnet than your default system.

GApps = Google Apps
MicroG = The wrong fuckin' choice
FOSS ROM = Arch Linux on Android
devwithopinions.blogspot.ca/2012/06/welcome-back-gnu-my-revenge-on-android.html

Thanks, apologies for being a pleb

Why is micro g wrong

All phones carry proprietary software to communicate with the GSM chipset and can thus not be changed in any meaningful way. And even if you theoretically could the GSM chipset itself has built-in backdoors and continuously ping mobile cellphone towers enabling anyone with that data to easily triangulate your location. Furthermore, the GSM chipset is ALWAYS active while there's juice left in your phone's battery so turning it off does nothing to prevent government and other shady organizations from snooping on you.

Using traffic analysis to generate a "behavior fingerprint" any government with sufficient resources (USA, UK, Germany, France etc.) could theoretically tie, using meta data your phone automatically gives them, traffic you generate outside of the cellular network.

In short, if you want to be anonymous with a mobile phone put it in lead case or better yet don't ever get one. And if you really must then use it sparingly and predictably.

Google apps, eg Play Store.
Shit, use Yalp if you must, F-Droid otherwise.
Think of them like Linux distros, try LineageOS.

Even with no sim card?

and what are you guilty of hmm?

Yes. It's purpose built to spy on you, so other than physically blocking it from communicating there's nothing you can do to stop it. But don't worry user, surely there's nothing you got to hide :^).

I am just genuinely curious as to how hard it is to accomplish in the modern day

Seems like it's very hard lol

Don't forget to remove the baseband processor

>MicroG = The wrong fuckin' choice
I consider MicroG to be the better alternative to normal GApps even when you're not concerned about muh freedumbs and muh remove botnet desu.
>FOSS ROM = Arch Linux on Android
What you mean is a chroot environment, a custom ROM (in this case one that is FOSS) replaces /system entirely

How

That's the thing: you don't

Are you sure

Yes, it transmits the IMEI and that it has no IMSI/SIM. (It is sometimes possible to call emergency services even with no SIM.)

Changing the IMEI is sometimes possible, but I don't know what phone you have and in any case it would be illegal for me to tell you how as that's used to identify and disable stolen phones.