What's going on with my fonts on firefox?

What's going on with my fonts on firefox?

Other urls found in this thread:

ix.io/w6A
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/qt5-webengine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums - Firefox

>the state of iNigger

I've no idea, but I'm having similar issues on gentoo. It's only Firefox, too. Will post a screenshot if this thread is still alive in about half an hour

I'm on loonix

>not using nightly
baka desu famalam

It happened from 54 to 55 update

So it will go away by itself after the next update eventually? Are you having similar issues?

>.tar
Am I going to have to compile? :/

>compiling the your fucking browser even more often
>beta testing for mozilla
>still thinks he's superior
You what mate

yeah, I just downloaded qupzilla and palemoon from synaptic

update it faggot

>What's going on with my fonts on firefox?
its a feature

pale moon (white theme) and qupzilla

>using duckduckgo while allowing ads
t. "I'll have two big macs with extra fries. Oh and a 2 liter DIET coke; gotta think about my health."

Just installed it, it comes with duckduck as standard.

It's already a binary, just extract and launch the executable.

Works. Where do I move the extract to? I don't want my downloads folder to be an app folder

>Tharks for choosirg Firefox!
I fail to see the problem here.

MS Office was exactly like this in 2015, and then they patched it. It has to do with the pixel doubling on retina screens, I think. But are you using a retina screen?

ix.io/w6A

Wherever you want, I usually put programs that I download to /opt

/opt/

make it default browser in ff preferences
it will create a .desktop file in ~/.local/
edit it - it may have hidden on
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198

i've been using 55 for ever now (mozila binary)
no issues

>>compiling the your fucking browser even more often
auto update, have heard of it?

auto update only works if it's in your /home/
so not in

adding to this, you may want to give your own user account write permissions to /opt/firefox also to enable auto-updates, if that's your thing.

Put it in /home/[user]/.mozilla/firefox
and ran firefox-bin and accepted default browser, then pined and link worked
Thank you

You need to either take ownership of the folder before attempting to add execute permissions, or add execute permissions with super-upser/root privilieges when placing it in /opt. Either way, do this in the terminal, not in the file manager.

# chown faggot:faggot /opt
$ chmod +x /opt/firefox/firefox

Freetype2 incompatibility, either downgrade to 2.8-1 or upgrade firefox. Some of you should atleast search warosus Sup Forums before making a thread about bugs

>he doesn't use arch with pacaur

If you are on gentoo, try compiling it without pgo support
If not, fuck off Sup Forums

If you are on Firefox 55 and fonts are messed up, go to about:config and search for "skia", then change all the entries with a value of "skia" to "cairo". (gfx.canvas.azure.backends and gfx.content.azure.backends)

Skia has a kind of bug in it where it relies on implementation details of Freetype to render stuff, which changes between freetype-2.8.0 and freetype-2.8.1. The bug has since been fixed in Skia and Chromium / Chrome already have this new version of Skia and Firefox 56 has it too (which I think is being released within the next few days).

Unfortunately, last time I checked, there are no mentions of this bug in QtWebEngine (based on Chromium, which uses Skia), even though it's affected too, so if you use QtWebEngine-based browsers such as qutebrowser, whether you use qt-5.7 or qt-5.9, it's probably a way off being fixed yet.

Most people probably aren't affected by this. I think only Arch and Gentoo unstable are affected, but Arch patched Firefox I'm pretty sure, and on Gentoo you can just unaccept ~amd64 keyword on freetype2, or mask >=media-libs/freetype-2.8.1

Or of course switch back to Cairo instead of Skia in about:config.

Arch patched its QtWebEngine package a week ago: git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/qt5-webengine