What's the current best AV?

What's the current best AV?
I am using AVG but I feel it uses a lot of resources, so I am looking for a reliable yet lightweight AV. I plan to use it alongside with Malwarebytes

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2823311/Apple-devices-malware-attack-iphones-iPads-Macs-hit-WireLurker-virus-steals-personal-information.html
piriform.com/news/release-announcements/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'm using bitdefender, is the real "#$%&/(

Common Sense

/thread

Bitdefender is bretty good. Used ESET before and never had any complaints either.

its almost 2018
whats an AV

Literally all of them are botnet. Every single one send data back, including files with sensitive or personally identifying data. Many of them have bullshit like "early threat detection" which is just another way of saying "everything you do is being sent to the cloud".

If you HAD to pick one I'd say Kaspersky since they're based in Russia thus less likely to cooperate with western governments.

If you really need to use windoze then consider setting up a virtual machine with GPU pass through, install everything you need on it and reset it every time you've used it.

ClamTK is pretty good from what I hear. Also the sites like virus total give you the option to use them all on select files...

Panda

Windows Defender.

I use Windows Defender and Common Sense 2017.

This. When was the last time AV actually fucking did something, or stopped something? CCleaner was compromised for one version recently, and they're owned by an AV company.

I use Bitdefender, imo its one of the better free ones.

Anti-what?

Windows Defender with Common Sense Premium.

Then use web browsing condoms: adblocker+NoScript.

Current best? Sophos Home Beta if you want a free one!

And how did Common Sense 2017 protected those who installed that compromised version of CCleaner?

>using ccleaner in he first place
lol

By not installing CCleaner in the first place

GNU/Linux

What if it wasn't CCleaner fucking smartasses?

What else?

Probably about as well as an ANTI VIRUS.

Why are so many people posting squid girl? I dropped get show after one episode.

Funny that's what all the applefags said.
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2823311/Apple-devices-malware-attack-iphones-iPads-Macs-hit-WireLurker-virus-steals-personal-information.html

>Inb4 #AVG shill

>Kaspersky since they're based in Russia thus less likely to cooperate with western governments.
>Snowden dindu
>Snowden: I'm not a ruskie double agent.

Nice kek. I hope you're not retarded.

Sophos

Microshaft Bangblows Defiler
Literally all you need if you even need one at all

>compromised version of CCleaner
WAIT WAIT WAIT
Can you tell me more about that? Which version exactly? How it was compromised? I thought it was ok program because installgentoo wiki recommended it

AVG is shit, it consumes a lot of resources, the pop-ups are annoying and it probably doesnt protect you that much. Avast is also shit.
If you want a free alternative, try Bitdefender Free. Good paid options would be ESET, Kaspersky or maybe Malwarebytes.

Because it’s shit and only for the greasiest neckbeard permavirgins just like Arch

>t. Someone who has been RAT'ed and doesn't even realize it

The doujins are good

TAKE IT BACK

It *was* good but then started auto enabling annoying fucking notifications (just like Mbam started doing) and then a recent version was compromised and started auto installing adware.

bitdefender free

piriform.com/news/release-announcements/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
Holy shit i've googled and i have the same exact version. I was spooked but then i noticed that it was 32-bit only and i use 64 bit.

Because BBW ika-chan

slim ika-chan is best ika-chan

not slim enough. Needs moar DFC

>when every legitimate discussion ends up devolving into an argument about jap cartoons
Never change Sup Forums

flattest ika i got, and sanae is covering her.
your best bet is paheal my guy

we have "whats the best X" threads all the time

Only tech illiterate gaymers, office monkeys and women use antivirus. software.

Disabled updates and no anti virus on the windows machine. Not being tech illiterate I've been spared any viruses but if it does get one I'll just reinstall the whole thing as it'll be less of a hassle then dealing with a botnetted anti virus shit.

Main OS is of course a properly configured Linux machine so no need for the anti virus trash :^)

fucking corporate shills. malwarebytes or gtfo.

to be fair to avast, they only just discovered the issue after acquiring them.

don't you have a system to fix?

I use Avira but on minimal settings on my system drive along with Common Sense. If I have to deal with sketchy shit then I just download and test it with my sandbox vm.

Wish there was an easy way to image my main SSD without having to reboot.

It's funny cause these fags think antivirus software picked up in the ccleaner ware

Windows Defender

/thread

Well, Corporate version of Malwarebytes is the best one.

>It is really really easy to pirate
>Program notices I blocked its anti piracy checking ip in my hosts file
>calls me a cheeky bastard
>keeps working and updating as normal, leaves my host file alone

So its got some programmer humor built in and doesn't fucking talk, make noise, have a guady GUI. The only fucking pop up window you'll see is a grey tiny window saying if the virus definitions updated, and NOTHING ELSE unless you got infected.