I think censorship is a more important issue than animal rights

>I think censorship is a more important issue than animal rights.
What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/08/koko_kanzi_and_ape_language_research_criticism_of_working_conditions_and.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

citation.

Humans > Animals

Animals having rights is a pretty silly concept to begin with

I'm not 100% sure since it's very difficult to interpret the meaning of what he said but I think he means that censorship is a more important issue than animal rights

animal rights is not fucking important to start with

Do the animals run on free software?

>goyim are cattle
Ftfy

Well let's imagine a world where you have animal's rights but a strong censorship. If someone powerful abuse those rights and you see it you can't do anything about it because censorship. On the other hand if a world has no censorship but animal's right you can go public if you see any violation.
Now change "animal's right" with any right and you get the point.

Animals never existed, saying they did will get you sent to a CIA black site for reeducation.

Why?

The weak (ie. animals) should fear the strong.

This

Because animals have no concept of personal liberty and therefore cannot exercise their rights.

Also animals don't really matter outside of the context of being delicious. My tendies will taste the same whether or not the chicken was tortured, and frankly would just cost more if the chicken was not tortured.

Without a free expression you cannot even fight for animal rights.

>animals are tortured meme
We give them food, water, shelter and medicine in exchange for killing them once they reach a decent age and that's torture? Most humans go through more hardship than your average chicken.

For chicken the decent age is around 6 weeks.
>Most humans go through more hardship than your average chicken.
Most people don't live in a gulag.

What about animals that are demonstrably intelligent? We are far from being the only intelligent animals, why should a chimp for example be treated the same as a non-sentient animal like a sheep in the eyes of the law? What separates an animal that can think from us? Sure, they're not as intelligent as a fully developed human, but great apes have the mental capacity of a human child, so why shouldn't we extend the rights we give to children to them? Noone's saying that animals need to be given the right to vote (although certain cetaceans are theoretically far more intelligent than us), but they should have the same basic rights that we do such as the right to life. It is absolutely an injustice that intelligent animals are slaughtered on a daily basis and imprisoned in cages.

>tfw chickens are NEETs

A right doesn't have to be something that can be consciously exercised by the being it is given to, it can be the right to not have your life taken for example - or the right to not be falsely imprisoned. I can't go out and choose to exercise my rights in that regard, I automatically exercise them by virtue of the fact that I am a human being.

Should small children not have any rights because they have no concept of personal liberty?

Yea I agree with you my first point was stupid.

I still don't think chickens should have rights though. Chickens are not sentient, they have no concept of self, and no consciousness. A chicken will not grow up to understand its rights, nor will it even know if its rights are being infringed upon. It's a chicken. It eats, it sleeps, it fucks, it lays eggs, it dies.

Who /agrees with vegans but eats meat anyway because it's delicious/ here?

I could do without beef and probly pork and still get my meat deliciousness fix while not murdering the planet.

obviously. the bible holds the same perspective.

He's still mad about the parrot that fucked his hand.

>the bible holds the same perspective
only true in like the first 10 chapters in Genesis

(not the guy you replied)
(why the fuck doen't this board have at least IDs? )
Because rights is not the same as abused... But idiots keep confusing rights with abuse.
If there were rights for animals, we wouldn't be allowed to have zoos, domesticating them, eating them, using them as "tools", e.t.c..

Because animal intelligence is a myth. Koko was a fraud by a very perverted woman

wrong. the entire point of sacrifice boils down to holding vegan ideals but praying for meat. it paints the picture that we're cursed to eat animals.

also I can prove you wrong directly by citing exodus, where God gives the jews mana from heaven, but they keep begging for meat.

>why the fuck doen't this board have at least IDs?
>wants ids on an anonymous image board

>it paints the picture that we're cursed to eat animals
sacrifices were supposed to cover sin
>God gives the jews mana
he also gave them quail
you're both retarded

he gave them quail when they wouldn't stop begging. exactly as I said. you're wrong and you should read it again.

Who is this guy?

Santa Claus

Human Pear

Santa Claus

Underrated post.

>schoolshooter.jpg

Kek underrated post

edit. spelling
edit. whoever gave me gold for this post thank you!!

This. Gtfo

The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity.
Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.

Do you have a source for that claim?

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/08/koko_kanzi_and_ape_language_research_criticism_of_working_conditions_and.html

Question: What are the names of your kittens? (and dogs?)
LiveKOKO: foot
Patterson: Foot isn't the name of your kitty
Question: Koko, what's the name of your cat?
LiveKOKO: no
Patterson: She just gave some vocalizations there... some soft puffing
[chat host]: I heard that soft puffing!
Patterson: Now shaking her head no.
Question: Do you like to chat with other people?
Koko: fine nipple
Patterson: Nipple rhymes with people, she doesn’t sign people per se, she was trying to do a ‘sounds like…’

Wow, really makes you think

This
/thread

This

>In the future, we will have cyborg pets running on GNU/Linux-Libre and they will recite the Stallman copypasta when they shit

Are you ready?

He means that the rights of people come before animals. Only completely crazy people will disagree.