I'm actually in love with the new Blackberry Keynote One, and none of you can change my mind on it

I'm actually in love with the new Blackberry Keynote One, and none of you can change my mind on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good choice

Its pretty cool phone

Patrician taste, OP

Would have been cooler if the screen was square instead of making the phone so long

I'd buy a new Passport with updated specs.

or:
they could've made a sliding keyboard
that way you can hide it while you won't need it

That would have made the phone thicker.

The functionality of the keyboard allows you to basically never touch the screen which is one of the biggest benefits of it. Its not just a phone with a keyboard added as afterthought.

>tfw blackberry priv

Feels pretty good man

Blackberry actually wanted to do that but Android isn't optimized for that, so the experience would be complete shit.
They were already thinking about releasing an Android version of the Blackberry Passport a few years ago and had some prototypes.

with today's advancements it wouldn't be as thick as you might be picturing it, and it'd still be bearable

I see it, but a design that tall would make it too top-heavy and unwieldy for prolonged use

It's not, my LG G3 is the same thickness as my Priv.

Id buy one if I wasnt a poorfag student. Holding on to my galaxy s5 until it breaks or I get my first real job, then going to get something with a good keyboard

oh that's great
Idk I'd prefer being able to hide it like those old Nokia phone with a slide

I'd buy it right now if there was an option for a localized keyboard (Russian). Apple does it with macbooks.
Apparently you can't even engrave Keyone's keyboard

I would've actually considered one had it been cheaper and had OIS.

As it is, all I see is some physical keyboard memephone.

naaaahh this is great

Is it a physical keyboard or not?

Yes the keyboard is physical.

>The functionality of the keyboard allows you to basically never touch the screen
How? It doesn't have arrow keys.

The keys are some kind of capacitive input, its basically a really accurate trackpad. You can gesture on it and use your finger as a cursor without ever touching the screen.

Should've extended the screen a bit further, removing the black from android keys like this: . And a stylus would be nice.

Well, that's very fucking nice.

i'm kinda jealous, op

>no dedicated maymay arrow key
It's shit.

I'm gonna get the blackberry classic. It's smaller and not google or ios so I'm going for it. It's everything I want and not stuff I don't need.

Theres a russian keyboard version.
I was looking for spare parts to see if I could get parts in case I fucked up mine and the Russian keyboard is listed.

The only problem I have with the Priv is how wide it is.

How is the priv wide? Its skinnier then my G3? Do you mean the passport?

It looks nice, but I'm still using a Priv right now.
That said, when the hell are they bringing Nougat or Oreo to the Priv?

Never unfortunately

sorry, i meant passport

>he fell for the Priv meme
Have you stopped using the keyboard entirely yet?

Why the fuck would he do that?

Because the Priv is comically tall and unbalanced with the keyboard out, so you have to pop it out every time you want to type something and I expect that most Priv users would get tired of doing so and just use the onscreen keyboard instead, especially since the Priv's keyboard isn't that great to start with.

I usually hate shills, but I don't mind this phone. Solid build quality, unique look and good phone that is worth its price.

..except for the awful battery life and general slowness. Great choice of SOC.

is unable to manage holding a phone properly. At that size you need to go two handed anyway. The real reason why you wouldn't be typing for very long on the priv's keyboard is that the keys suck in comparison with previous blackberrys

I really like mine, too.
I barely miss my 6010 at all.

anybody know if the black edition from Canada would work on tmobile? or if they even releasing the black edition in U.S?

>runs Crapdroid
let me know when Blackberry makes a phone that runs GUN/Linux. If they do, I'll take back everything bad I've said about Justin Trudeau and personally visit BlackBerry hq to suck their CEO's dick.

They can relaunch Blackberry OS as a Linux distro. Canonical, Red Hat and Susa prove that you can profit off of free software through tech support for enterprise customers.

who makes these threads?

Battery life was fixed with 6.0.

Before 6.0 yes, it overheated and was general aids, it's working flawlessly now.

I can get through the entire day with ~30% left so its bueno for me at least.

I still run a q10 and might buy a Key1 later in it's life.

>the Priv is comically tall and unbalanced with the keyboard out
I find that hard to believe. The rest of the phone weighs much more than just the screen.
so you have to pop it out every time you want to type something and I expect that most Priv users would get tired of doing so and just use the onscreen keyboard instead, especially since the Priv's keyboard isn't that great to start with.
I haven't used the Priv but I've used the Q10 and Passport keyboards, if it's even remotely similar it's a great keyboard. Even if it was shit, it'd still beat using the touchscreen. Assuming Priv users wouldn't use the keyboard is absurd, why else would you get a keyboard phone? I mean, even if you wanted to stick to Android BlackBerries there's still the DTEK50 and 60

Is the keyboard membrane or mechanical?

shame it runs pajeetroid

I have a q10 too but after seeing these pictures I think ill stick to my q10 until it breaks which will probably not be for a long time consedering this thing is a freakin beast and can withstand being dropped tons of time even on concrete

>They can relaunch Blackberry OS as a Linux distro
Gross

q10 is a top phone, battery life could be better though

I own one.

Would recommend.

(So long as the screen doesn't fall off.)

Give me one reason why GNU/Linux on a phone would be bad.

Because how would you even run an OS like that without a mouse and keyboard? With the KEYOne you have a keyboard at least but then you still have to interface by touch would would make it pretty much perform like Android. So what's the point if it has a different name?

Admit it. You'd buy one if you could afford it.

nice dick OP

>Is it a physical keyboard or not?
user are you retarded? Can you see the image in the op?

Yeah the KEYone has a keyboard

>I own one.
>Would recommend.
>(So long as the screen doesn't fall off.)
Is that a real problem?
I heard some early models had this issue where the screens didn't have glue attaching them to the phone, but for the ATT model this probably won't be an issue right? Do you know how prolific this issue was among the first batch, is it repairable?

I can afford it, the issue is I don't want to waste my money.

Apple finally did it, they created invisible bezels.

Smaller screen real estate than the 8 in land scape mode for several hundred dollars more.

In still with the Priv. God I love the jeoyne but in my country they're selling it at ~850 usd aprox. Fuck this country.

Because BB10OS is already great being based off QNX. Plus BlackBerry is developing QNX either way, it'd be quite to replace their QNX-based OS with a Linux one.

>Is that a real problem?
On mine, the screen came a bit loose at one corner, like a tooth that's about to come out, within a month or two of purchase.
I submitted a warranty request with Blackberry and had a new KEYone and a prepaid shipping label to return the defective one in less than a week.

I'm very happy with the DTEK 60

It's like a visual form of cancer.

They already made this it's called the Priv

>no keyborb
What makes it any different from any other Android?

It runs Blackberry's hardened kernel that's harder to root and has a gigantic battery so you can send important business emails all day without having to stop and recharge.

>hardened kernel that's harder to root
How is that a good thing?

It's great if you're boring and care more about security than about being able to run a custom bootloader or whatever it is that hackers do with normal android phones.

How does it feel that every government agency has your phones master decryption keys?

>Canonical, Red Hat and Susa prove that you can profit off of free software through tech support for enterprise customers.
You don't really seem to understand why and how that model works for them, considering you're trying to apply it to a mobile hardware company. BB isn't going to be able to give out phones for free, and nobody's going to license some shitty Linux kernel-based BBOS spinoff with no software base or really anything else to set it apart from the myriad of other Linux-based operating systems dominating the industry that autistics can just add GNU shit to after the fact if they really feel they want that awful experience.

Even ignoring that, there is no "enterprise" market in smartphones anymore, that's why BB is on life support to begin with. They dominated that market for years until iOS and Android finally got good enough to replace them for the most common and important use cases.

>Great choice of SOC
The choices that year were bad and worse

I wouldn’t want to, I’d troll pretty much any phone that isn’t mine, except this phone

This phone always has a place in my heart

a few weeks ago I was carrying around a Pre Plus tethered to my iShit just for the fuck of it
when I swapped it out for a somewhat contemporary Android device I was pretty amazed how fucking garbage and backwards it was in comparison

if only webOS still had an actual application base, fuck preware

>superior t9 will never be a thing again
>all because apple decided a computer keyboard on your phone was a good idea instead of the t9 that already worked 1000x better

Apple's far from the first to release a QWERTY phone

hows the OS support on these babies? i killed my q5 yesterday....

On the Passport? Same as the Q5. I believe all BB10OS devices are still supported

>hitting SYM+I is hard
Google jew didn't let them do that ;-;
People who own blackberries
Membrane with a good click
Used to be problem
Even then I don't understand why you wouldn't just double sided tape it in?
user this is a thread for people with money and brains
Same ;-;
Still bought one because I couldn't stand the overheating on my passport
Oh no they're gonna read this post
Yeah
Rip HTC
>TFW physical keyboards aren't a thing anymore because apple jew said "lmao bideos and gayms :dddd" 10 years ago and people bought the meme
At least the long screen gives good multiwindow?

>Google jew didn't let them do that ;-;
Android has some sort of standard where you can't release an Android product with gapps if it doesn't have a certain aspect ratio

Yep
Then they forgot about it when LG and Samsung did a poo with their 2:1 shit

if it wouldn't be locked and unrootable, i'd get one right now

more specifically, hows the android support? better than q5 or same?

I think they were more lenient with that because Android's generally ran on widescreen devices

It's the exact same OS, you just have more powerful hardware and some added functionality from the keyboard trackpad.
Does the Q5 have microHDMI?

That's a mighty fine 'I can't afford an iPhone X' phone right there OP

Its not that cheap, as your bate are

>make phone with physical keyboard and 1:1 screen
>oops it's actually two 2:1 screens, you can keep 2 programs at the same time, e.g. a text editor and a browser
this would BTFO every other phone in productivity like nothing before

Mind posting that wall paper?

>virtual and physical buttons
so fucking annoying
how hard would it have been to add a home and back button to the keyboard for fucks sake

Doesn't it have a 3000mah battery?
That's pretty shit these days senpai.

The old renders had it
Wonder what made them change it

Who the fuck cares? Are you a pedo?

This should've been made when I upgraded my Bold 9700 to jump to a touchscreen

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument

I don't do fucking shit on my phone, except play games, read/send emails and surf the safe-web.

explain to me what i have to hide

At this point it's pretty safe to assume that anyone who questions how much money anyone has for mobile phones is trolling.

Android flagships cost nearly as much as iPhone X and they don't look like a receding hairline to boot.

>Android
ugh...

can you please post your emails publicly since you have nothing to hide

I want to see them
Also, what's your name?

Completely different

Sup Forums autsist != my government

(Which isn't the US of A btw)