I was just asked to mentor an intern who happens to be a Woman in Tech. How fucked am I?

I was just asked to mentor an intern who happens to be a Woman in Tech. How fucked am I?

Enjoy training your replacement.

eh, it's a wash. Both of my best and worst interns are women.

Worked for IBM?

>How fucked am I?
Not every girl that talks to you wants to fuck you, you permavirgin.

tread lightly. All it takes is one accusation and you're fired and blacklisted from every tech company within a hundred miles. Good luck

Good luck working in your new retail job.

just quit now.

Lmao look at this beta virgin cuck

chad here
listen up op cause im about to drop a truth bomb
she wants the fucking d
why else would that slut go into a sausagefest field? she just cant get enough cock thats why
you gotta give it to her
dom that little slut
show her who's boss

most female enginees don't actually enjoy being treated like cactii.

treat her like you would a dude and you'll be fine.

sources, gf has an msc in comp sci
>lies on the internet, etc, etc.

That's probably true, but she doesn't want his dick.
He's just a bottom of the barrel wage slave. She wants to get into bed with someone from management.

If he puts any moves on her she will claim sexual harassment or rape to get him kicked out and take his place.

Hope you don't accidentally mansplain while mentoring her

>most female enginees don't actually enjoy being treated like cactii.
As long as you're never alone with them and not in any situation where people can't witness on your behalf then people are fine. Or else women have an excessive amount of power to fuck you up so better be careful. Don't treat her like cacti because she hates it and will fuck you up, but stay away so that she doesn't accuse you of anything because it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

>treat her like you would a dude and you'll be fine.
Don't fucking do this, one sexual joke and you're fucked. Only speak about work, keep yourself calm, polite and professional. No sudden movements, no talk about unrelated stuff, don't comment on her work, looks or anything that might be used against you, and don't hang around her more than strictly necessary

Oh yeah, avoid mansplaining. Make sure you get detailed instructions on what you are supposed to tell her. And then tell her "just so you know, even if you know some of the things I mention I don't say it to offend or mansplain to you. I am just following these instructions."

Say begin better some women,Minory or young person is more close to women in tech.

Say I feel so privileged to mentor women.

in fact none of them probably do considering he thinks so fondly of women.

/pol is that way you sweet little virgin autist >>>

Everyone knows that women love guys that hate them online. /r9k/ and Sup Forums told me so. Not to mention all those chads on re.ddit.

Considering you made a thread on Sup Forums to ask whats going to happen: very fucked

It really depends on if it's a woman in tech or a Woman in Tech™

If it's a woman in tech you're probably fine. Even if she was a diversity hire you've got someone who genuinely gives a shit and wants to learn if she doesn't already know her shit as good as or even better than you do. She's there to do work. Don't be a fucking creep and you'll probably get along just fine.

If it's a Woman in Tech™ then you should probably run away as fast as you can. She's there not to work but to make a statement and look for any reason to destroy you.

>treat her like you would a dude and you'll be fine.
That's what literally every woman in tech says, but the minute I make a dick joke or suggest beer and strippers after work it's "sexual harassment" this and "unsafe workplace" that.

No. Women who work in tech fields don't want to be treated like guys, they want to be treated how they think guys are treated. They think that, instead of long hours, we get pats on the back for turning our computers on. They don't realize that being "one of the guys" means being privy to dick jokes, having to listen to us bitch about our wives, and generally be dudes.

They want to be taken seriously, but keep their girl privilege. They want to be one of the team, but have HR swung over their heads like an axe, just waiting to be brought down upon the neck of her next unsuspecting victim for being "toxically masculine".

Your girlfriend should eat shit. Fuck off.

get everything on video. you will get accused of rape, and you need evidence.

>Girl at work said I was mansplaining to her
>Asks me how to do her job several times a month
>Just make excuses now when she asks

dont ever be alone with it

this. Always have someone around you then you're talking to her, never be alone with her. Be extremely careful what comes out of your mouth. Also never hang around her when not required or try to be "friends" with her, it'll bite you in the ass.

Seek a new job. SHe'll probably accuse you of sexism too.

I'd fucking quit ASAP. Not even joking. That shit is only going to cause you stress and hardship. Let your fucking retard employer deal with it if they were dumb enough to hire a woman.

If she accuses you of rape at all you're life is pretty much over so you might as well go out and get a gun for suicide. I highly recommend killing her first before killing yourself so that she doesn't fuck anybody else over.

actually the question is how fucked is she?
give her your dick

90% chance you'll get fired and blacklisted from the tech industry from this OP. Enjoy permanent unemployment

Dick jokes are unprofessional. You're at work, not at a bar.

Not where I work. All the guys and some girls make dick jokes and other sexual jokes. We all cuss like sailors too.

Do you happen to work at a bar?

>no sudden movements

kek

Is she white or raised in the west?

This

Depending on your company, she's probably pretty good. Every software dev woman I've worked with has been at least halfway decent, with most being really good.

Treat her like you would someone putting a gun to your head and making you work with her. Be polite and helpful but never ever let your guard down for a moment. Don't make any kind of jokes or talk about video games or cars or even music. She is not ever going to be "one of the guys". I am one of the few guys who survived the purge at my work. The reason? I never put my guard down around any of the women. One of the guys that got fired said this about adding another hard drive to a females computer "it will be really easy for me to just slave this to your master". That was all it took. So realize the salad days of actually working in a fun environment are over.

found the nu male cuck. Pro-tip being a white knight isn't going to get you laid. EVER

Say "no thank you, I feel uncomfortable working with women in this field in the current political climate. Perhaps David will do it?"

This, I just finished mentoring a girl fresh out of high school. She was very determined and picked shit up very fast. Plus she kept to herself and enjoyed my tech related rambling. She is probably the exception, not the rule tho. 10/10 would mentor again.

I've had to train my replacement before, let me tell you how painful it is to go through that as a man

That's the point. If he's merely accused by her of anything it's as good as true and he's fired.

I would actually decline mentoring any women, it's a minefield and you're setting yourself up for disaster - especially if there's office politics.

casual work environments full of people cracking jokes are for places that do real work

forced politeness is only necessary when people don't naturally get along and is an indication that you're working in a stress inducing rathole where people only let loose passive aggressively in office politic

Even that could get you fried.

You need an excuse that doesn't even let on that you're uncomfortable being around women in the workplace, period.

>keep in touch with female trainee
>wait about a year or so
>
>
>
>"Excuse me? What do you mean they're only paying you ____ per hour? When I was working there I made twice that! Sexist fucking pigs."

did u fug

What if you work at a bar?

And don't talk about football or Sup Forums around women or you're "excluding" them. If they don't understand the sport and you have to fill them in on rules or players, it's "mansplaining"

Same with elucidating on algorithms or lower level computing to female boot camp grads who only know CSS. "Mansplaining"

This.

She's an engineer. Chill the fuck out. Treat her normally. Normally for a person, not normally for how you probably think you treat a woman.

Don't sperg out.

But your first reaction was to make a thread on Sup Forums about it, where you feel safe because you don't think there are any woman, so.

>Treat her like you would someone putting a gun to your head and making you work with her
This is good advice, go for it

You guys are such virgins. Based Damore would be ashamed. You should treat her like any fucktoy. Make smug remarks and talk yourself up and she will be all over your dick in no time.

>ugly femanon detected

>most female enginees don't actually enjoy being treated like cactii.
shit you don't say now

Fuck you.

Hah you dumb skank. Your puss prolly smells like rotten fish.

this

treat he like she's a pajeet

OP here,

Not an engineer, just out of some kind of code boot camp. Which might lead me straight into the trap of:

>Same with elucidating on algorithms or lower level computing to female boot camp grads who only know CSS. "Mansplaining"

So the dilemma becomes whether to be a bad mentor who doesn't actually teach anything, and being a mansplaining shitlord.

That would be a shame, it's a very nice company.

I'm hoping the rest of the office will make enough dick jokes to take the heat off of me

>I would actually decline mentoring any women, it's a minefield and you're setting yourself up for disaster - especially if there's office politics.

Probably safer, but it'll give management reason to call you a bad team player. Especially if there's office politics.

if you're an asshole, you're fucked. otherwise you're fine. talk to it as what it is, a human, and you're good

Get out normalfag

Sup Forums is pretty normie now though.

Did you get to see her feet?

depends, how hot is she?

do you work at a fucking daycare?

I don’t understand how this comment is constructive, or encourages the reader to think more deeply about anything. It appears to me that this comment’s only purpose is to display the cleverness of the author. Unfortunately, despite the collective efforts of the commentariate, we do get infiltration from those who are apparently determined to give the impression that they are incapable of parsing an entire piece of writing and reading it as a whole.
As has been previously noted (regular readers will be aware) we (that’s the “Royal we” — fellow commenters, occasional contributors such as myself and the moderator team) are engaged in an ongoing attempt to keep the quality of comments at its former impeccably high standard. Sadly, this is more of an effort than it should be.
And as a writer, it is rather tiresome having to try to explain to the occasional numpty who happens across a post basic reading comprehension skills, how to follow an argument when it is constructed long-form and the ability to master data interpretation.
And I’ve just caught up on all the subsequent comments on this page. All the other commenters have managed to make coherent and intelligible contributions that furthered my understanding or gave me something to think about, because they took the trouble to type more than a single sentence. I don’t agree with everything that’s been said in other comments. Quite the opposite in a couple of cases. But at least I understand what was expressed and the intention behind it.

it's this. and if you think it's wrong, you haven't been in the workforce that long.

on topic - what's the least social justice warrior tumblrina triggered "stop mansplaining" infested area of computer science? because i was in the army infantry for six years, went to afghanistan and iraq, then came home and did construction for a while. i'm going back to college, and i'm way too fucking old to deal with all this insane shit you dude's generation has fucking created in the last ten years. so yeah, i need advice on what to study, what degree to get to avoid all this fucking horseshit.

She's just there to work. Don't worry about it. There's nothing wrong with working with women, just follow the classic tips.

>First time you see her, complement her in what she's wearing. Make sure she notices you're checking her out, make a show of it. It's her first day, and she's probably trying to make a good impression, so she will appreciate you noticing the effort she put in to her appearance.

>Call her something nice to out her at ease and show you're a friendly workplace. I would suggest Babe, Darling it Angel. This will encourage her to open up.

>Women are far more tactile than men, so endure there's a lot of contact between the two of you. When explaining something hold her arm (light but firm pressure) and look deep into her eyes. Don't break eye contact. It's also best if you stare at her randomly, so that if she looks your way she can see you're still open for questions.

>Offer to by her a drink after work, this will show you are trying to ease her into the team dynamic. She may be nervous and decline, but don't take no for an answer. Keep in asking until she eventually gets over her shyness.

Follow these and you'll be fine.

This seems like legit advice OP. Follow it and you'll be fine.

If you see a female, play fucking dead.

a few thousand years ago it was the other way around.

t. Woman in Tech

did you kill any brownies

>cuss
somehow I doubt that

Faggot.

Such ironic pasta.

Fpbp. OP bye

Very much this
Only thing I'd change is comments to personal complimented
That is a great idea || that would work
Versus
You have great ideas || I'd work you ;)

Comments are vital to communication, compliments are vital for rapport.

Things I've learned
Do not smile at them unless smiled at first or unless you're Chad
Do not call and ask if she needs a ride to the work party
Thank Christ the manager believed me (kind of guy that would just sweep ants under the rug)

Jesus it's a hit or miss with girls desu
Some think you're flirting for personal conversations
But you'll never get friends if it's just work stuff

>t. totally not a woman
yeah, just give up your job so a woman can take it

this guy knows how things really are

t. worked in 2 corporate jobs, one higher education job, and now at a based small business

Anything finance.

kek

Man up, then.

Fuck her

yes, i did.

like, programming applications for the financial sector? or the financial sector period?

Pls generate a keypair and sign a message in this thread.

Then report back in 6 months with another signed message.

Do it for science.

>computer science
just that, computer science. not software engineering and not fucking web dev shit. computer science is largely an area of applied mathematics.

I work at a place that has a lot of females and I can give you some advice. They interpret everything through selfish narcissism so be careful what you say. Be polite, professional, and boring. One time I made a joke that mentioned another female at work, and she blew up saying don't compare her to that bitch. Another time I saidI was not good at poker and a female that was walking by abruptly turned around and said "Did you say females weren't good at poker!?" I told her no and she looked disappointed and walked away. So the moral of that story is to never tell jokes, or really volunteer personal information. Also never talk shit even if it is true because it will spread like wild fire and come back to haunt you.

If you want to avoid those cunts go into some part of IT that is math heavy, or involves physical hardware like a technician. These females want to sit at a desk, get lots of attention, and make a bunch of money. They don't want to do anything that is actually hard. That is why you go into math, or something that involves physical labor. At my job we have a bunch of females in help/service desk aka customer service, and business applications analysis aka dicking around in Microsoft Office all day. There also some on the software side as well but our main quality coders are all male of course. So in essence stay away from popular desk jobs were the females are all going for.

Record every interaction.

Don't worry, she won't come in half the time anyway, you know, "women issues", just fall back on the men who get work done and you'll be fine.

Her successes lie with her, her faults fall on you.

Good luck

Oh yea, nothing after hours or alone without witnesses. Protect yourself.

Seconding any job with lifting/hardware requirement.

It's just better not to have a small amount of women on your team if you're all men.

>Fired for using correct technical words.
What a cuck. I'd literally kick my bosses ass.

>I would actually decline mentoring any women
SEXIST!

This is how the patriarchy perpetuates!!!

LMFAO that pic made me rofl

How many of you actually have desk jobs and interact with women there? Jesus. Some of my best coworkers have been grills.

OP if you're already assuming that your trainee is either dumb or malicious then go ahead and treat her based on that assumption because you're an asshole and should own up to it.

Simple rules
>treat her like you treat your male colleages who aren't your friends
>don't eat where you shit: don't even think on seducing/game her or things that could suggest that, like sexual jokes.

Just don't directly look at her or her code and don't make any comments about her appearance or her intelligence or her work.

Just let her do whatever she wants and work around that.